• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your favorite gaming genres?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • My tastes are honestly pretty vanilla when it comes to genres, and I gravitate towards platformers and RPGs. I'm probably more of an RPG guy, though, because platformers have a tendency to frustrate me with how difficult they can be (read: the Mega Man X series).

Years
  • I guess predominately RPGs? My internal list of favourite games contains a lot of Final Fantasy and Pokemon, and Three Houses is probably going there too. I don't mind Action/Adventure, simple platformers or turn-based strategy stuff either. VN's are cool too if you count them. I think the only genre that is usually a hard no is FPS and ever since I tried Reach, that's not a guarantee either.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • RTS games and FPS games mainly, though I play almost any genre there is.

RTS since it has been my childhood and games such as Age of Empires are always a blast to play, same goes with FPS games where im a bit more skilled lol

Years
  • I've enjoyed games from just about every genre out there, but I typically lean towards RPGS (both Japanese and Western), and action-adventure. Most games I play these days fall in those two genres.

punishedfelix

Banned
    Years
    • they
    • now
    • Seen Jul 6, 2021
    I mostly like games that have less intrusive graphics, so I usually am playing stuff like 2D RPGs or strategy games. I haven't played many modern games because the graphics make me physically sick.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Favors roleplaying games, like many here. Ranks strategy and action below that, probably.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I like rogue lites, as well as immersive strategy games.

Nintendo games, just in general, as well

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i like most stealth games or first person action (non-shooter) titles. my fav game is dishonored which is both of those things

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Online now
    Action-adventure, open world, and RPGs (both western and Japanese). I like a bit of exploration and lots of gameplay, so I tend to lean towards those genres a lot. My 3DS library's almost entirely comprised of JRPGs while half of my PS4 library is open world lmao

Years
  • RPG's & RTS'.
    Also Platformers and whatever genre games like Terraria & Minecraft are.
    Occasionally FPS', but haven't been playing them all that much anymore tbh.

Back