• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Choices on which of the two games to get when they come out this fall 2021!

What do you think? Should I get them both separate or buy the double pack bundle of Pokémon Brillia

• Total voters

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Horse Rider/Team Rocket/Plasma Member/Ultra Guardi
Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    Hi guys so me and my siblings heard about this new Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl games for Nintendo Switch and set for release on November 19, 2021, and based on the coin toss I did, and it landed on Tails and that I would get the double pack of the games!

Anyway, when the games come out on 11/19/2021, do you guys think I should get Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl games separate or buy the bundle pack edition with both games?

My prediction: getting the double pack bundle of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl games for Christmas 2021.

Attachments

• 8B354621-1D0E-4BE2-8019-C02A39D4E28E.jpeg
      8B354621-1D0E-4BE2-8019-C02A39D4E28E.jpeg
      191.1 KB · Views: 3
    • 74367BEA-ABB2-48E5-9645-ABB6F9948EDE.jpeg
      74367BEA-ABB2-48E5-9645-ABB6F9948EDE.jpeg
      214.1 KB · Views: 4
    • 844486E0-DDED-485C-BFF0-7BB0866B1BBF.png
      844486E0-DDED-485C-BFF0-7BB0866B1BBF.png
      489 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:
    Years
  • truth be told, it's pretty hard to say. :c we dont know much about the games at all, so fair recommendations can't be made one way or the other. for now, assuming you've played the original gen IV games previously, go with the knowledge that these game wont be a whole lot different and base your decision off that. for example, if you've played diamond before and want something different, shining pearl might be a good bet. otherwise, maybe stuck with diamond? hard to say since this all depends on preferences and version exclusives.

Years
  • For siblings, double pack makes sense. Otherwise unless you're a hardcore collector I'd just go with one version, since they're incredibly similar. For now I'll assume your siblings have their own switches and will vote for double!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If you are going to get both for a sibling, you may as well get the double pack. Prices change, but currently, they are the same. So unless you are a collector of boxes like some people are, you may as well get the double.

Then there is also the idea of your siblings wanting their own box so they can store their own game, then you may want to get separate versions. But there is virtually no difference as far as I know.

kpac_xjinx

XJinX
    Years
  • Oo...well, I would buy the double pack bundle...because of the boxart! I mean, the combined boxart on the double pack bundle looks really cooler to me than the single ones(though don't underestimate 'em!). However, ya may buy them separately if ya wanna have them to be stored in different boxes. Then, ya may just buy one of 'em if ya aren't that interested in those exclusive pokémons, & need only one copy(as otherz said, they might be waay too similar, just like the original ones). Don't forgetta compare the prices!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Aye price is going to be a huge reason to get or not to get the double pack. I will say watch the prices. I know Pokemon Snap for Switch, the digital copy is $60 all the time, however when I first went to look at Wal-Mart, and it was original sold out, the price was $50 for the hard copy. Yet just 5 foot away on the end cap, the digital card was $60

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I usually buy only one version because, well, I can't play the two at the same time XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    If you know you're getting both you might as well just bite the bullet and do it initially. Then you can let us all know here how you feel about the differences! Lol

Back