• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] In your opinion, who should have made it into Galar?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Spoiler alert

Given the full Galar Dex has been leaked, I'll pose a couple questions:

- Which Pokemon do you think should have fitted into Galar?
    (spoiling because of thread preview on index...)
    Spoiler:

- Which Pokemon did you want to make it into Galar? That is, what favourites of yours missed out, regardless of if they 'made sense' for the region? Personally, Shinx is right up there.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Everyone, because there is no legitimate reason for it to be otherwise.

I mean, I could point out a few personal favourite examples that didn't make it in, but every Pokemon should be coded into these games regardless.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Going to be biased and say Mareep. Sure, we already have a sheep Pokémon introduced in the eighth generation, but it's an entirely different type and can fulfill different roles in battle. Sheep and resembling Pokémon in general would fit very well in the UK regardless of number. The argument that they don't want to include multiples of the same animal-based mons doesn't hold much weight when we have multiples of other species or Pokémon that are already extremely similar (like the newly-introduced Eldegoss and Whimsicott, which are nearly identical in terms of concept, yet Whimsicott still made it in, showing they're not just going to prioritize the new Pokémon. Which I'm extremely happy about since Whimsy is a favorite, but....) /bias

also my bby altaria and audino and metagross

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Although I believe people are getting a bit too upset over this, I see no problem. Then again I loved Unova, so I don't mind when pokemon aren't included. It gives us a fresh start. It isn't like we are never going to get more pokemon games, Sinnoh Remakes will probably have all these included pokemon and more. I will also say, Charizard shouldn't of gotten special treatment yet again.

However, if leaks are right, I believe more pokemon should have been included, mainly just for the region.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    It doesn't make sense that Charizard is in, but Venusaur and Blastoise aren't.

Aside from them, I wanted to see Salamence, Volcarona, Garchomp, Tangrowth, Starmie, Lilligant, Lurantis, Staraptor, Talonflame, Dodrio, Ampharos, Luxray, Magnezone, Gliscor, Alakazam, Houndoom, Krookodile, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Venomoth, Skarmory, Clawitzer, Palossand, and Eelektross return.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • I personally was quite disappointed when I saw the whole Pokedex, only one of my favourites got in (thankfully at least one of my favourites got in, being Snorlax) but I would've liked to have Dedenne in the game (which is my second favourite Pokemon). And an unpopular opinion, I would've really liked Simisage and Lumineon in Sword and Shield, I've used them both competitively, and they're quite fun to use.

I would've also liked more legendaries, from the leaks, Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus, Mew and Silvally (I don't even know why Silvally is in the game, it makes no sense) are the only legendaries in the game. It would've been nice to have more, like the weather trio, or even something like the Regis would fit in nicely. The current SM/USUM Ubers in the game is Aegislash only (I think), so I'm interested on how the competitive scene unfolds, with the lack of half the Pokedex.

I think in general, instead of the 400 Pokemon, they should've put at least 500-700 Pokemon, and exclude Pokemon that are in the meta too much, like the Tapus and Landorus. Or, take the Platinum approach, and include like every Pokemon up until Sword and Shield, except most of the legendaries, most of the starters, and like 50-100 or so Pokemon that didn't fit in the game aesthetically.

Oh yeah, and I also would've liked more obscure Pokemon! Pokemon like Dunsparce and stuff! They put a Galarian Corsola in the game, Corsola already a pretty obscure Pokemon, and then gave it a Galarian evolution. I also would've thought the Honchkrow line, or Skarmory would've fit in the game, and mention how they have conflicts with Corvinight or something.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    The Kanto starters should have all made it in, considering Charizard did. That aside, I don't mind Pokémon being uncatchable in-game but not allowing people to transfer any in is a questionable choice, imo. A good chunk of enjoyment is from being able to use your favourites, and flat out denying that doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Breloom and Shinx should have made it since they've literally never been in any Pokedex besides their first one. You have the literal Glimwood Tangle, which as far as I've seen so far, is a forest of MUSHROOMS, dammit. Shinx not making it I guess makes sense from an environmental standpoint, but it still hurts to see they got cut.

I can't think of anything else besides that that I really wanted to see in Galar, but didn't get in.

Illyasviel

video game hustler
    Years
  • Gonna join Sheep in saying that Mareep should have joined with Wooloo in sheeply matrimony.

But tbh, I'm still dying over the fact one of the starters is a rabbit in a UK-based region. Better hope there's no mosquitoes.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Also echoing the desire for more animal-like Pokémon, especially considering how humanoid the starters seem to end up being.

Years
  • I honestly thought the Azurill line would have made it, but I guess it is not as popular as I thought they were, considering Marill was introduced prior to its gen release like Togepi was, and Azumarill ALMOST made it to the top 100 in the favorite first Pokemon survey. They are a river/lake Pokemon, so location-wise they would have fit probably on the southern half of the continent.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but I was searching on Naver to see if there were any new leaks and I found this blog posted yesterday about new sprites found through data mining which I thought was interesting. The link has pics with sprites of Pokemon which are supposedly in the game. It'd be cool if it's true.

Can't translate it word for word, but it basically says new Pokemon icons were found through data mining. It's different to the rumor list that came out last time. In the last Pokemon list, all the first gen starters besides the Charmander line was excluded, unlike this list. In addition, most legendary and 7th gen starters are likely to survive. According to the data mine, the total of Pokemon is 435. There is no data on the Pokemon, and there are also tools that have been removed from Pokemon SwSd. There are fans who question the survival of Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram.

My bf told me he came across a Korean youtuber and other discussions on Naver that claimed that this dex is just the pre-Elite Four Pokedex. And that the National dex is obtained after. I can't find the source for that but here's hoping lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It's painful that some of my favorites are missing, but we saw this coming a long time ago. To many Pokémons would make the game unplayable.
    I'm missing Metagross and Prygon-Z the most. They should have made it in Galar.
    The positive thing is that we can now chose brand new Pokémon, sometimes cool and sometimes weird. But I will accept Sword and shield with open arms.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Skitty should be in every upcoming Pokémon game and take Pikachu's place as the new Pokémon Mascot.
    Also, a correctly scaled Wailord

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    The OGs

Like Pidgey, Dragonite, The Nido-Family, Arbok, Golduck, etc. I kind of fell off the map with Pokemon lately. Maybe the ones I listed are in, maybe not. I heard they were cut.

Back