• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

There WERE Vita commercials, don't know what happened to them or even if they still air. In its early days, they were pretty easy to find, now the only ones I know of is the risque ones they put up for...shock? Publicity?

Maybe they werent all around the globe, or i may have not been watching TV when they were. Idk what Sony is doing, but all i see is PS4 commercials nowadays

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It's not just you, that's where all of their advertising is going, except maybe in Japan (where they promote the Vita TV and have radically different ad campaigns for anything.

...Also, I want Nintendo to make Wii U ads like their old Wii ones. Remember the "Wii Would Like to Play" ads? They had their own little charm that made them both creepy and hilarious. And they had catchy music. All they need to do is change it to "Wii Would Like to Play with U." Boom. Instant publicity.

TY

It's not just you, that's where all of their advertising is going, except maybe in Japan (where they promote the Vita TV and have radically different ad campaigns for anything.

...Also, I want Nintendo to make Wii U ads like their old Wii ones. Remember the "Wii Would Like to Play" ads? They had their own little charm that made them both creepy and hilarious. And they had catchy music. All they need to do is change it to "Wii Would Like to Play with U." Boom. Instant publicity.

To be entirely honest, i havent seen much gaming commercials at all, since most of the commercials here in the Netherlands are either charity ones, or music... Gaming rarely has made its appearance on Dutch commercial breaks.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Watched a bit of tv, saw an ad for the Mario Wii U game, and after that a *new* ad for Pokemon X&Y. More than what I usually see, hum.

TY

I just saw a ad for X&Y, guess the Dutch TV can still broadcast something else but the PS4 :/

Years
We have a lot of gaming ads at the moment, there's the two for PS4 and Xbox One and there's some for PS3, Fifa and Ryse individually as well. Game as a store has its own advert advertising its weekly christmas deal too.

Much better than usual advertisements.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I personally love my Vita but it never gets the support it deserves.

For me the best game was Ragnarok Odyssey. I play that game for hours when I touch it, I have persona 4 golden also but it never attracts me to it as much as the other. Also another great game for me was Disgaea 3, It was so much better being able to play it any time rather than when I was at home.

Personally I feel with more support the Vita would be so good. I do love being able to use Wi-Fi for games like soul sacrafice and Ragnarok odyssey as on the 3DS you can't directly use the WiFi to go online with Monster Hunter which made me stop playing really fast.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Oh, I love my Vita as well, and in my case, lack of Vita games isn't really a problem (though the memory card prices affect me heavily, especially being a PS+ member as I am). I missed the PSP, so I have a wealth of PSP games to wade through (though, ironically, the games I've played the most are ports of previous games I've played, specifically Disgaea 2 and Phantom Brave, and on the Vita, Persona 4 and Disgaea 3. Although Phantom Brave PSP was kind of clunky, overall they are all fantastic ports/games, especially Persona 4 and Disgaea 2), and what I've played so far I've enjoyed. Only game I really regret buying was Cladun 2, if only because of its lack of support for worldwide downloads.

Other than ports, I've played Dissidia Duodecim, which I've enjoyed immensely, Gravity Rush, which was pretty fun, Assassin's Creed, and probably others, too. There are still more games on both the PSP and Vita that I want to play, like Persona 2, Dragon's Crown, Phantasy Star, and so on. So I would recommend the Vita to others, but I can see how a prospecting owner would note its library for being limited.

TY

Oh now i finally see a advert for a Vita game, but then it automatically switches to the PS3.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
The last ad I saw was a pokemon X & Y one but it was on paid TV the one before that was a WoW ad for their last expansion. The one before that would be a gameboy Advance lol.

TY

I am amazed, wish they would broadcast them here too haha, just for nostalgia :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Wow, GameBoy Advance commercials… haven't seen them at all since 2003, I think—a decade ago. xD The most recent video game ad I had seen was for Call of Duty: Ghosts. I randomly stumbled into it while flipping through TV channels. It featured Megan Fox if I remember correctly, which grabbed my attention extremely fast. If they had someone like Johnny Depp in there as well, then it would've been even nicer.

TY

Wow, GameBoy Advance commercials… haven't seen them at all since 2003, I think—a decade ago. xD The most recent video game ad I had seen was for Call of Duty: Ghosts. I randomly stumbled into it while flipping through TV channels. It featured Megan Fox if I remember correctly, which grabbed my attention extremely fast. If they had someone like Johnny Depp in there as well, then it would've been even nicer.

I get spammed with Battlefield 4 commercials instead of CoD Ghosts, but i can say the BF4 commercial is laughable. Its so bad imo.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah back in 2003 or 2002 can't remember but yeah I saw a Call of Dooty Scary Ghosts ad but it was actually for an energy drink. Here is my favorite video game ad that I saw on youtube once.

Who said nintendo is all about the kids

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I love Googling old Nintendo commercials, and they're going batcrap crazy over the NES and how it's so amazing and whatnot, then you contrast what we have today.

Also lol at the "NOW you're playing with POWER!" slogan they had.

Marketing was the best when it was Nintendo vs Sega. Sega's marketing was crude, overly aggressive, and childish, but I think there's a certain undeniable charm from those kinds of commercials that just aren't present in ads nowadays.

Completely related:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TY

I guess because it was pretty hard to skip ads in the past and now all we have to do is press one button to just skip ads.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
LOL at the more you play with it the harder it gets. That is good marketing. I don't watch TV much anymore maybe for a TV special but other than that I stream it all online with no ads and I get it a week earlier than everyone else. Plus Adblocker is always there to save the day

TY

Exactly. Nowadays its so easy to get rid of advertisements its a waste to put effort in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back