• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Earlier this month, I watched a couple of Christmas movies that I had not watched before. I watched them on Netflix. The two movies were Christmas With the Kranks and Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas. Then later this month, my sister and I watched Muppet Family Christmas. Then a week later, I watched a DVD that had three Christmas classics on it. The three Christmas classics were Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Little Drummer Boy, and Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Anyone saw Into The Woods when it came out?

Spoiler:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
With boxing day just a few days ago, I bought myself a heaps of good movies. I bought the new Evil Dead and it's a lot better than I expected. Sam Raimi and Burce Campbell really knew what they were doing, even did some scenes from the original, which I liked. I'm really hoping for a sequel to it :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Idk why im not here :p
Username: Dedenne1
Favorite movie(s): Hunger Games, Divergent, Star Wars, Philemena, Secret life of Walter Mitty
Answer a topic:

~ How often do you watch movies?
Twice a week generally but i go to the movies about once to twice a month
~ What are you favorite movie genre(s)?
Fantasy some classics i love nd sci fi
~ What are some of your favorite moment in movies?
Hmm most member able are the ones from Star Wars :D
Mostly the battles when faded first came through the door and when they faced maul and of coarse the i am your father part. :)

So ya idk how i missed this club but im here now haha

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
You just spoiled the movie >.<.

Whoops, my mistake, I'm sorry about that! Haha.

Also, welcome the club, Dedenne; we're happy to have you. Like you, I rarely go to the theaters; perhaps once every month or two, as they're pretty far away from where I live right now (closest one would take at least one, whole hour to reach). Visit them is much more fun than watching at home, however, at least to me, as it gives us much more of a... vibrant experience, so to speak.

Anyhow, 2015 is here, and I'm very excited to see all the films it brings to us. Of them all, one would likely have to be Avengers: Age of Ultron, as I've stated before. Many new Marvel heroes are set to be introduced here, such as Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther, and so forth. I've also heard that their studios are attempting to work a deal with Sony so that they would be able to bring Spider-Man on board, and if this works, we might possibly find him in post-credits scene, setting up for a role in Captain America 3.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Avengers: Age of Ulton, Cinderella (which is coming out in May I think), Insurgent, and Mockingjay Part 2 are movies I'm looking forward to this year! The two latter ones are the ones I'm anticipating the most because they're both sequels and saw both movies on or after release day. :D I can't wait!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I've also heard that their studios are attempting to work a deal with Sony so that they would be able to bring Spider-Man on board, and if this works, we might possibly find him in post-credits scene, setting up for a role in Captain America 3.

The Civil War wouldn't be the same without X-Men and Spider-Man in it! :D

If Sony and Marvel does a deal for this movie to happen, it'll be the greatest thing ever.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, it would be! I also remember reading somewhere that if their negotiations don't precisely work in their favor, Sony will be considering to hand some of Spider-Man rights over to Disney, so they will be able to kick off a new trilogy themselves involving the hero incorporated into MCU. We've already had two series of Spider-Man movies within last fifteen or so years, and while some could find it slightly overbearing to see another one this soon, I'm sure it'll be a success nonetheless if done right.

I'm happy to see Fantastic Four get a reboot! I've watched two of their older films last month, which weren't so bad, and was looking forward to see more of it; now, there's finally some chance of that. Fox are the ones that own filming rights to Fantastic Four, aren't they? Since they also own X-Men, I'm interested to see if they will be mixing these two together in their own universe of sorts.

As far as Ant-Man goes, I'm not sure if I was satisfied enough of its trailer, to be honest (though, I don't know; I suppose it might be a little too early to judge). What do others think?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm so going to watch Star Wars 7 in the theatre. Also Avengers probably, and Mockingjay 2 definitely.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Star Wars? Definite
Avengers? Freakin' duh
Mockingjay part II? It's the end of the freakin' trilogy!

I think 2015 will be a good year for movies, even better than 2014.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
2015 does seem like a nice year for movie side of things, I agree. 2014 wasn't precisely bad (with couple of memorable titles, at least in my eyes, being Frozen and Captain America: The Winter Soldier), but it did have a few films some of us had found ourselves to be disappointed in, such as Transformers: Age of Extinction. A lot of us did like, but the film did have flaws, undoubtedly. Personally, I would say one of them would be characters. Seeing new ones like this out of the blue without any form of mention in previous movie releases does not exactly suit my taste, sorry to say. Likely would have had more of an easier time accepting if it weren't for that. Same applies for former Transformer characters, to which they had made little to no reference (especially Sam Witwicky--Shia LaBeouf).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
2015 does seem like a nice year for movie side of things, I agree. 2014 wasn't precisely bad (with couple of memorable titles, at least in my eyes, being Frozen and Captain America.
If my memory serves me well, Froze came out in November 2013 :P
But Let It Go became popular in 2014 because Frozen came out late 2013 and it took a couple of videos of people singing Let It Go on the internet for it to go viral enough when 2014 came.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Two words, guys: American Sniper. I'm gonna see it tomorrow night with a friend. It's been nominated for the Oscar (or Golden Globe? Idr). So, I hope it exceeds my expectations.

Also, Bradley Cooper. :D

Frozen did debut in late 2013, but we didn't see the frenzy come through until after the summer. Is anyone aware that it's getting a sequel soon?

Back