• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Currently watching Fairy Tail 2014's Zero arc. I think I have predicted a future plot twist. And if this turns out to be true, damn. That'd be brilliant. And the hints are appropriately placed too.

I don't have any series in recent memory that has managed to turn my opinion around so much - fairy tail overall went from a series I used to consider dogshit but now I have come to like it quite a lot. It has tied off most of its loose ends from before and though the writing in the fights is still abysmal, the story in general is pretty damn good. Happy with the series.

Years
Since my last post, which was about a week ago, I picked up Oshiete! Galko-chan (fun and surprisingly similar to the banter and conversations from when I was in high school, save for the fact that the guys at my high school could by and large hold a completely normal conversation with girls while the guys in this anime seem incapable of doing so), finished the animator expo shorts (Cassette Girl was probably my favorite), started Dagashi Kashi (Team Saya!), finished Baccano! (Isaac and Miria made the series), started and finished The Comic Artist and His Assistants (protag is insanely thirsty if you know what I mean), finished the Baccano! specials (learned a couple things and also never seen a wrench that large in anything before), and dove back into Brave Beats! to try to catch up.

Everything else I'm watching weekly that I am caught up on can be found here (currently 11 full length episodes a week new, 7 shorts, and catching up on Brave Beats, plus an episode of original Naruto after every series I finish):

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/donavannj?status=1

derozio

Years
Started these:
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Shinsekai Yori
Non Non Biyori

Resumed from "On-Hold" status:
Ouran High School Host Club

Ongoing animu:
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi
Gintama (2015)
Haikyuu!! S2
Dimension W
Akagami no Shirayuki Hime S2
Oshiete Galko-chan
Ojisan to Marshmallow
Ajin

and idk a few more series I guess.

Years
And since my last post, I've finished Ghost Stories (does it count as American comedy or it's still Japanese?) and started Fate/Zero, which looks pretty interesting, but I got a lot of spoilers when I was looking for songs from this anime.

Years
At the moment I am watching Ao no Kanata No Four Rhythm which is a new anime and the character in my profile pic is from the show.
I think I might start watching
- Angel beats
- Smile Precure
- Aikatsu! 4
- Musiagen no phantom world
- Charlotte

Years
... and now I've gone and sidelined Heavy Object in favor of One Punch Man, and may be sidelining that in favor of actually bothering to watch the Cowboy Bebop Movie finally and moving onto the second season of K-On!.

Oh, and Toonami aired the final episode of Akame Ga Kill this weekend and I've finished that, so I'm done with the series and moving onto Dimension W next Saturday.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
... and now I've gone and sidelined Heavy Object in favor of One Punch Man, and may be sidelining that in favor of actually bothering to watch the Cowboy Bebop Movie finally and moving onto the second season of K-On!.
Heavy Object is better watched in arcs anyway =D
I'm always waiting until the arc ends and then binge watch it =D

It definitely grew on me in recent arcs, even though I didn't like it that much at the start =D

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
Years
I finished madoka magica couple of days ago and decided to watch the movies as well. From what I read around the first two are essentially a recap of the series, with only the 3rd one containing new material. However, while watching movie 3 I noticed some differences with the series, potentially meaning that the first two movies aren't just a recap but a slightly altered version of the series.
Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Edit : It might be obvious but I forgot to mention that I jumped straight to movie 3, didn't watch the first two.

Years
I finished madoka magica couple of days ago and decided to watch the movies as well. From what I read around the first two are essentially a recap of the series, with only the 3rd one containing new material. However, while watching movie 3 I noticed some differences with the series, potentially meaning that the first two movies aren't just a recap but a slightly altered version of the series.

Edit : It might be obvious but I forgot to mention that I jumped straight to movie 3, didn't watch the first two.
What was different? From what I've heard there aren't any new scenes, first 2 movies are just 12 episodes compressed into 2.

Also I finished Fate/Zero and started watching Psycho-pass, it seems like an original idea (I haven't seen anything about cops in dystopian future, usually the main characters fight against goverment, not against crime, but there are 50 episodes, so I guess everything may change).
P.S. There is spoiler tag you can use for spoilers.

Last edited:

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
Years
Psycho pass is really good. Besides having an overall great story and good character development, it's an anime that openly questions morality and it's decent at that. It's number 4 on my top 5 list, for what it's worth.

derozio

Years
Watching Shinsekai Yori / From the new world. The show is really good so far. Mysteries all around and a creepy atmosphere. Definitely liking it a lot.

Psycho pass is really good. Besides having an overall great story and good character development, it's an anime that openly questions morality and it's decent at that. It's number 4 on my top 5 list, for what it's worth.
Psycho Pass is niiice. I remember liking it a lot for those reasons. And for the nice visuals. And for the Makishima vs Kougami rivalry. Was really nice.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I mentioned a list in Anime/Mango DCC about what I'm watching since I just finished Muv-Luv alternative so i need more of that delicious ultraviolence and BLOOOOD DANCIN to dip some of my food on.

Just opened a tab for:

- Demon City Shinjuku since it involves Shinjuku. For some reason, its a place i'd like to Visit when i go to Japan. And Shinjuku was also my favorite place in SMT4.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Here you go, all you need to know.
14b.png

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
Years
Alright so I just finished Seven Deadly Sins...which I just started like 3 days ago, now that I think about it....

I'm also watching Your Lie in April, No Game No Life, and Hai to Gensou No Grimgar.

Probably going to pick up one or two longer shows that aren't possible to binge watch in less than a week too for the sake of always having something to turn to in free time.

derozio

Years
Here you go, all you need to know.
14b.png
whoa. I knew the QUALITY increases between those releases but I never knew they were so fence-obsessed XD;

Alright so I just finished Seven Deadly Sins...which I just started like 3 days ago, now that I think about it....

I'm also watching Your Lie in April, No Game No Life, and Hai to Gensou No Grimgar.

Probably going to pick up one or two longer shows that aren't possible to binge watch in less than a week too for the sake of always having something to turn to in free time.
I LOVE all the four series that you're watching right now. Here's to hope you enjoy them as much as I did! <3
Long series, eh? I wonder what you're gonna go for. Most of the long series I like aren't exactly viewer friendly so, as much as I'd like to suggest them, I really can't just do it that easily XD

Back