• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Is this some kind of self-torture? xD
    How can you resist watching fma b!!

good question :P probably just because it's a reasonably long anime, which I'm never good at getting through. And it hasn't overly got me hooked, despite being a great anime.

Gate was one of the animes I had planned on watching and liked the first ep but my friend was disappointed with how it ended up, and I was already pessimistic about how it was going to turn out (can't remember why, I think I read something about it or just foreshadowed something) so never bothered watching it. But the second season seems to be getting a lot of decent reviews, so I may get around to watching it. Especially since I can never be bothered watching any long animes.

Years
  • I finished watching Tokyo Ghoul last week, I think. I am rewatching it though. I like the overall concept, I haven't the manga yet so I don't know the differences between Season 2 and the manga. Please don't bash me. :P

Years
  • Here's what I'm watching this season (excluding shorts):
    HaruChika
    Koukaku no Pandora
    Dimension W
    AssClass Season 2
    Shirayuki-hime Season 2
    GATE Season 2
    Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
    Active Raid
    Shoujo-tachi
    Bubuki Buranki
    KonoSuba
    Grimgar
    Osomatsu-san

Pandora doesn't have thread and is generally hated amongst the community, but I really like it so far. It would so much better though if it knew whether or not it was episodic. It seems to be building up to a plot ala Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront, but it's doing so at a pace that's pretty damn slow, especially since this is a one-cour show (mostly likely; 99% sure that at most it'll get 12/13 episodes and no sequel). Guilty pleasure of the season as even Active Raid has more artistic merit than it. (That and it's a bit uncomfortable to watch at times) Even though I'm watching it subbed the dub is pretty solid as well. (Even though I watched like one episode of the dub)

Also Rakugo is fantastic and if you can handle the slow pacing I definitely say to watch it.

(BTW if anyone has a MAL I'm on there as Burger-Meister. (Hummingbird as Burger_Meister))

Years
  • Just finished watching Code Geass and it was great. The ending though. ;__;

Now I'm starting Tokyo Ghoul. I've already read the manga and most of RE but I want to see how it compares. Plus I'm gonna try to get my brother into it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    New/New to Me:
    Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi
    Hai to Gensou No Grimgar
    Assassination Classroom
    GATE
    Anohana

Rewatching:
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Claymore

And obligatory Pokemon Origins and first season of Pokemon to go along the 20th anni! ^^

I'm also looking for recommendations. I'm a huge fan of melancholic themes like Anohana, so let me know! Addicted to dem feels.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • Just about to start watching Erased and shigatsu wa kimi no uso

Your Lie in April is an experience. It is going to rip your heart out and stomp all over it, but in the best possible way. I had a Clannad-like experience with it. I weeped for hours, and that isn't an exaggeration. God, what a freaking beautiful show. It's kinda left me in a disheveled emotional state this weekend, but it's a feeling I've kinda missed since I watched Clannad the first time.

Also considering starting Erased, but seeing as I'm already waiting on one series weekly, I may wait until it's over to pick it up.

So, yeah, now I'm currently on No Game No Life (kinda took a pseudo-break from it lately) and Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. I'm also casually starting Fairy Tail, trying to decide if I want to take the plunge with it. I'll have to really recover from YLA before I take up any more though haha

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Finished watching One Punch Man - which I felt started strongly but felt a bit formulaic towards the end; I got bored around episode seven or eight - and started Rokka no Yuusha...it's an incomplete twelve-episode series, so I know I'm going to walk away disappointed, but it's got an interesting premise and a fantastic score too, so I'm going to keep going with it.

Also rewatching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex...sort of. An episode or two in the morning if I've time, but I've been catching up on TV shows (Gotham and SHIELD) recently so I've not had the time for it.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Completed Death Parade the other day and wow, I have to say they handled the afterlife topic with a genuinely creative twist. Every episode had a unique way of gripping for your heart strings that I surprisingly enjoyed, despite being a rather empathetic person. Before going into this anime I was warned it would be feelsy and not at all like it's misleading energetic (and super amazing) opening song.

Some elements could've been handled better, like one of the emotionless characters suddenly becoming emotional wasn't executed as well as it could've been. But overall a solid watch, I will remember it years from now.. especially that intro. (I'm gonna stick it in this post because you guys should watch it if you've never seen it)

Spoiler:

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • I've started watching Fruits Basket recently. It was kind of a strange thing for me to stumble upon. I like the older art style and the comedy though, so it's been a pleasant series so far, though I've been told it gets kinda sad.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I've started Saenai Heroine no Sodateka and Seitokai Yakuindomo. Shall start Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron Blooded Orphans tonight. Here's to hope it is an enjoyable ride. :3

Back