• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • tumblr_mrdxijZEjf1r0dx95o1_500.png

Is this real? I don't think it is, but it's from Japan so Idk :C

OH MY GOD.

I know it's fake but that would be soooooooo awesome!

I really hope we get Mega Pidgeot now!

tnfsf11

I can imagine a few of the Pokémon that are looked over from the rest will get this Mega Evolution, well I hope so anyway! I'd like to see this happen for Dunsparce, Relicanth, Maractus, Cryogonal, Seviper etc.
    I agree but exclude Relicanth & Cryogonal, their designs are just plain horrible tbh.
    Dunsparce should get a regular evolution first before going Mega, because I doubt them giving a Mega forme to an unevolved Pokémon...
    Maractus could MegaEvolve into something like Togemon (that's a Digimon btw) but maybe with flowers & a few more decorations? IDK really I'm sure GF will come out with something. :P

And seeing as Pikachu is the Iconic Pokemon, most likely it/Raichu will get one. Or it could be a rare exception to the 'fully evolved' rule, and Pikachu itself could get a mega due to its Iconic stature.
    Hey maybe even Ash's Pikachu will be the one to show us in the series~
    Yeah I doubt that, because Ash will never evolve his Pikachu :( but knowing that MegaEvolution is actually just forme changing during battle then maybe there's a chance... But I see his other pokes taking the priority over Pikachu to MegaEvolve tbh.

Perriechu

Years
  • Dunsparce should get a regular evolution first before going Mega, because I doubt them giving a Mega forme to an unevolved Pokémon...

Huh? Mawile, Absol and Kangaskhan all got an upgrade without being evolved Pokemon so that doesn't really make sense tbh.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Yeah I doubt that, because Ash will never evolve his Pikachu :( but knowing that MegaEvolution is actually just forme changing during battle then maybe there's a chance... But I see his other pokes taking the priority over Pikachu to MegaEvolve tbh.

If he knows it's temporary, then he might not mind. And it could be a complete accident. Remember when Pikachu fused with Groudon's stone? Maybe it could accidentally eat/merge with a Mega stone, and then in critical state, it could Mega Evolve~

Also, I had a theory on why Ash never ages.... The residue of conflicting psychic energy from Mew and Mewtwo's battle....
    Or the energy of all the pokemon that brought him back to life..he's trapped in psionic stasis or something like that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As everyone here may or may not know, the Mega Evolutions have increased stats compared to their original counterparts. Here are the known ones so far:
    -Mega Lucario has increased Attack
    -Mega Absol has increased Attack and Speed
    -Mega Mawile has increased defenses (Defense and Special Defense)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • As everyone here may or may not know, the Mega Evolutions have increased stats compared to their original counterparts. Here are the known ones so far:
    Don't forget Mega Mewtwo having increased Speed, and I take it that we don't know which stats were increased for Mega Ampharos?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    With it's ability Huge power and increased defenses Mawile is sure to be more useful.

I'll like to see a MegaExploud. It could have an ability like the one someone mentioned in another thread, one in which sound moves get the same incease as stab. Of course that would make it's Hypervoice quite powerful.

tnfsf11

Huh? Mawile, Absol and Kangaskhan all got an upgrade without being evolved Pokemon so that doesn't really make sense tbh.
    Sorry I didn't mean to say that, what I had in mind is that Dunsparce is yet to become more powerful & have better stats before going Mega so that it stands up to the other Mega pokes...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    With it's ability Huge power and increased defenses Mawile is sure to be more useful.

I'll like to see a MegaExploud. It could have an ability like the one someone mentioned in another thread, one in which sound moves get the same incease as stab. Of course that would make it's Hypervoice quite powerful.

If Mawile didn't lose significant Attack to make up for the increased Defense.

Southueki

Writer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    I can't really form an opinion until we know everything about them.

As for designs, I like them. At first it didn't seem very "pokémon-ish", and it still feels a little weird, but I guess new ideas are welcome, and this seems rather interesting.

I will wait and see

Perriechu

Years
  • Sorry I didn't mean to say that, what I had in mind is that Dunsparce is yet to become more powerful & have better stats before going Mega so that it stands up to the other Mega pokes...

Well they could still give it a drastic boost. I mean Mawile wasn't powerful before but now it has better defenses, a great ability and a new type.

Wouldn't Huge Power mean it's got...well huge power? I doubt they'd decrease its attack and give it that ability...kinda doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense; if they did decrease its attack then giving it Huge Power is their way of compensating for the lowered attack.

Just because a Pokemon has Huge Power it doesn't mean that it has a great attack stat. Azumarill has a base attack stat of 50 and it has HP.

Years
  • I have an inkling that our regional starters will each have a megalution.

Do you guys think that the Kalos Pokemon will have megalutions available, if so, do you speculate that they will be as abundant as the megalutions added to the pokemon released from Gen 1-5?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Just because a Pokemon has Huge Power it doesn't mean that it has a great attack stat. Azumarill has a base attack stat of 50 and it has HP.

What he's saying is it would be really pointless to lower an already established stat, only to give it an ability to boost the same stat... they could just boost the stat a bit and have it keep it's original ability if that was a concern...

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • What he's saying is it would be really pointless to lower an already established stat, only to give it an ability to boost the same stat... they could just boost the stat a bit and have it keep it's original ability if that was a concern...

Thank you....
    That's what I meant by it. Why would they set up a self-contradicting pokemon? I mean that entirely destroys the point of abilities in the first place. They're supposed to make them better, not make them remain neutral. Aside from abilities that have either no empowering effect or no effect in battle.
    They'll most likely keep attack the same or maybe slightly increase it. Mawile isn't exactly fast, and I highly doubt it's mega form is going to be any faster...so they have to do something to take care of that and make it useful.

Back