• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    i really feel like Megas will be a way to play on what makes each (or many) Pokemon species special. Dex entries, designs, and unique traits. I feel like it's a way to show their true potential, and Mega Kangaskhan makes believe so many more will be given this treatment... and I do hope baby Kangas is it's own species.

Years
  • First i hated the Mega stuff. Now I don't like it at all.
    I hope that with the time I will start thinking: "Well, that mega stuff isn't bad after all.".

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I am VERY relieved we are limited to one Mega. It is almost like that will be our signature pokemon, distinct from the rest. But honestly, this only works if all fully evolved pokemon get one. If not, I probably won't bite.

I'm pretty sure we're waiting for clarity on this, serebii don't seem to know exactly what it means.

"One Mega per battle" could mean:

+ Only one of your pokémon can transform per battle.
    + Only one of your pokémon can hold a mega stone.
    + Only one mega pokémon can be out in double/triple/rotational battles.
    + Only one transformation per battle. Meaning if you withdraw Mega-X it will not be able to mega-evolve when you send it out again.
    + Could just be limited to online/wifi battles.

Really, we don't know much ><.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure we're waiting for clarity on this, serebii don't seem to know exactly what it means.

+ Only one transformation per battle. Meaning if you withdraw Mega-X it will not be able to mega-evolve when you send it out again.

I highly doubt a function that's part of the game's story (after all, the gym leader Korrina knows the secret and there's a building in the game dedicated to them) would be limited to wireless.

I believe it may be the first one, only one can change per battle.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I believe the guys who still want a Kangaskhan pre-evo may not have heard of this theory: What if the baby IS Kangaskhan, and the mother was just its substitute, which explains why the Mega Stone only affects the baby instead of the mother?

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    This is even more broken than Huge Power Mawile. >.> Double Fake Out...Sucker Punch that can break through sub, sturdy and sash...2 Helping Hands for a teammate. Scizor/Breloom + Technician + 2 Helping Hands = disgusting priority.

Fake Out is only usable on the first turn the Pokemon is out; Kangaskhan (or any others) won't Megavolve on round 1 before the attacks...

tnfsf11

800px-Torchic_Beta.jpg

megablaziken.png

The first pic is the "beta" design of Torchic, it has 2 wing-like thingies on the head.
    MegaBlaziken also appears to have 2 similar wing-thingies on the head so...

Could the design of MegaBlaziken be inspired by the beta design of Torchic? Or could MegaBlaziken's design be the "unreleased" evo of beta Torchic?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Am I the only one who noticed this?
    800px-Torchic_Beta.jpg

megablaziken.png

The first pic is the "beta" design of Torchic, it has 2 wing-like thingies on the head.
    MegaBlaziken also appears to have 2 similar wing-thingies on the head so...

Could the design of MegaBlaziken be inspired by the beta design of Torchic? Or could MegaBlaziken's design be the "unreleased" evo of beta Torchic?

It's also probably inspired by Blaziken/Latias' early prototype design
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2014
    Stop being cynical. The game is as popular as ever. Just because there are some new form changes that you don't like, or just because there is CHANGE to a SERIES, it doesn't mean it's automatically bad! Why not embrace it? Or if not, fine, you don't have to use it. The game doesn't force you to by the looks of it. (And what's wrong with it being like digimon..?)

I think mega evolutions are pretty cool. By limited to only one I think it means you can only have one change per battle. It would sort of suck if the mega stones were one-time only use, though. :<

Years
  • Nope. They have to be Flying or have Levitate to participate. If they aren't or don't have, then they cannot participate. From initial response not all Flying/Levitating Pokemon can participate either. They said there were some more restriction but never went into detail iirc. We'll know when the games come out though.

They did say that not all the Pokemon will be getting some.

Like I've said before we can pretty much rule out those that already have Form Changes since Mega Pokemon are also Form Changes.

Keldeo, Meloetta and others like Cherrim who mostly change while in battle seem like they'd conflict with a Mega Form. Those with temporary changes like Rotom, Shaymin, Deoxys conflict as you can change the forms outside of battle needing to create multiple Mega Forms for the pokemon which I don't see happening. The you have Battle Item forms for Genesect, Arceus, and Giratina which I again don't see happening.

Other than Pokemon who already have Form Changes, a few gimmick Pokemon I can't see getting Mega Forms, Ditto, Smeargle, Zoroark. Two of them defeat the point of the Mega Form Gimmick and one is an attack gimmick.

I see maybe 20 to 30 Pokemon getting Mega Forms and I feel as if I'm being too generous with this. I think its going to be a small collection and not a large amount.

They said, not all pokemon, not "All Fully Evolved pokemon"

Plus, this is what I would prefer; I doubt it would actually happen :p

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm pretty sure we're waiting for clarity on this, serebii don't seem to know exactly what it means.

I think considering that they actually only boost a couple stats and change some typings and abilities that this would bastardise Mega Evolution. Of course this is all speculation, but it would be stupid for them to do this.

Well maybe if they introduce Warp Mega Evolution they would be useful in Little Cup lol.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Now that it's clear that Mega Evolutions have their limitations, I'm very pleased with them. I'm still hoping for more starters to have them, as I still think it would be unfair for Blaziken to be the only one with a Mega Evolution.

Now I'm hoping for a Mega Kyurem to be the Unova Original Dragon, and maybe even a Fairy/Dragon Dunsparce. But I also hope this doesn't dash Mawile's chances of having a real evolution in the future.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    At first I thought this was really fake. Then I realized it's actually the best thing ever.

The mom gives the Mega Stone to the child. It is really SO. GREAT <333

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Now that it's clear that Mega Evolutions have their limitations, I'm very pleased with them. I'm still hoping for more starters to have them, as I still think it would be unfair for Blaziken to be the only one with a Mega Evolution.

Now I'm hoping for a Mega Kyurem to be the Unova Original Dragon, and maybe even a Fairy/Dragon Dunsparce. But I also hope this doesn't dash Mawile's chances of having a real evolution in the future.

Yeah, we still have no idea what the Original Unova Dragon looked like, nor whether it was called Kyurem or something different, the only problem, I doubt Mega Kyurem would resemble the original dragon as it'd also require absorbing both Zekrom and Reshiram back into itself.
    GameFreak really needs to reveal the original dragon already.

Also, Mega Dunsparce, needed, poor little guy.

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2014
    After seeing what they did to Kangaskhan I could see both Plusle and Minun gaining a Mega evolution that allows them to summon their respective counterpart to battle with them. Their ability would allow them to benefit from Plus and Minus like Neutral Charge (oh god I'm terrible at names) or something like that......

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I can imagine a few of the Pokémon that are looked over from the rest will get this Mega Evolution, well I hope so anyway! I'd like to see this happen for Dunsparce, Relicanth, Maractus, Cryogonal, Seviper etc.

Back