• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Would you play virtual console Gen 3 games?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • I'm curious because the Gen 1 and 2 VC games seem well-received, however Gen 3 still feels a lot more modern in terms of graphics, functionality, and platform. So, if TPCI were to announce Gen 3 Virtual Console games, let's say with added Poké Bank support like the other VC games, would you buy it?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • If Emerald is out, yes.
    Don't really see the need for Ruby and Sapphire considering we already got an upgrade of them in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
    Probably I will if they release them a few years down from now but for now, only Emerald.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I, personally, wouldn't. I got 4 out of 5 Gen III maingames as cartridges already, so it'd feel like a waste to me to have them on VC as well.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I definitely would not. I put hundreds of hours into all of the 3rd gen games, and went out of my way to finish the National Dex in all of them. (Trust me, it took forever and thousands of trades between two GBAs xD ) And since I transferred all of my Pokemon to the current games, I have no reason to play them again even if I could transfer the Pokemon to Sun/Moon. :/
    Of course, seeing how hard it is to find non-bootlegs of the games, this wouldn't be a bad idea, but I personally prefer the original experience, and being able to trade, plus interaction with the Gamecube games too.
    Besides the spin-offs(SOME of them), I never replay the exact same Pokemon games anyways.

Years
  • I was a really dumb when I sold most of my gen 3 games. Luckily, I found Emerald in my mom's basement a year ago, and trust me I held onto it. I would DEFINITELY buy gen 3 VC games being superior in my opinion to the ORAS!

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • I do not see them do a VC of RSE on the 3DS, since we already have ORAS available for that platform. Though it would be interesting if they would do something similar with the Switch. Though are a few spin-offs they could also add for VC (Pokémon Pinball?).

I think the biggest question now is where the Gen IV remakes will be released on.

Years
  • Probably not. Mostly because I still have near fully-functional copies of the original third gen games - part of the reason I jumped on getting Gold was because my copies of those have been dead for years. I skipped on getting R/B/Y for that reason as well. I also wasn't that keen on the third gen games. They weren't bad games, they just didn't do as much for me as other gens did.

Though I never did get a chance to play Emerald, so if that were released I might get that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Probably not. :( My copies work fine as it is and while Pokemon Bank would be cool I can at least transfer my stuff over... just takes a long time lol

Years
  • I still have my Sapphire version and it's kinda working (it sometimes reset my save), but I would like to have Emerald on VC. I never had a chance to do Battle Frontier, so that would be probably only reason why I would buy it.
    But I would like to see original Mystery Dungeon games on 3DS VC.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I still have my Sapphire version and it's kinda working (it sometimes reset my save), but I would like to have Emerald on VC. I never had a chance to do Battle Frontier, so that would be probably only reason why I would buy it.
    But I would like to see original Mystery Dungeon games on 3DS VC.

Mystery Dungeon would definitely be a good candidate for VC

Years
  • I myself wouldn't get virtual console RSE. I already have functional copies of Sapphire and Emerald. I also still have Alpha Sapphire, so I'd say it's too recent for me to get these games again. I would get FRLG though, since I don't have a physical copy of the game.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Not much, if only because ORAS is still very fresh on 3DS, so it seems redundant. Admittedly, it would be pretty sweet to see RSE on the Switch at some point down the line, if the 3DS ever phases out.

Back