• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2019
    Can someone tell me what pokemon rom based this hack used?? i already patch to clean Emerald U and Trash but it doesnt match.. pls give me some answer T.T

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can someone tell me what pokemon rom based this hack used?? i already patch to clean Emerald U and Trash but it doesnt match.. pls give me some answer T.T

Check his YouTube channel Look in the Description of Pokemon ruby renev finale video

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I noticed a bug. When battling a single trainer with two or more Pokemon, if I switch in my Ralts with Trace to face the trainer's next Pokemon after knocking out their previous Pokemon, Trace does not activate.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    i'd say 800 mons, after all this is an expanded and moderninzed emerald, if there will be another region this would go way off the road to me, ok hoenn feels small now with 800 mons but you could also insert new maps like caves or other hidden locations to accomodate them

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So i was planning on using theta emerald ex in a wired link battle with two flashcards. I'm not sure if the game has a level limit or anything during a wired battle but it should be fun having a battle with six level 250 Pokemon each. I love this game but being able to battle a friend with a Gen 3 hack that has all pokemon until Gen 7 sounds like a blast. I'll report back after i receive another revo k plus 101 flashcard in mail and if there's any gamebreaking glitches.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2017
    My shellder's skill link ability does not seem to be working. I play on Arcadespot.com so I don't know if it comes down to that being an outdated version or not. Is anyone else know more about this?

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    I'll go with the 800 pokemon option but please add a lot of extra maps in the games, like extra caves, forests, new routes.

And a good idea, a small post E4 island with a few towns, routes, caves, forests etc roughly 1/4th the size of hoenn, akin to the sevii islands postgame in FRLG with story driven content in there. Maybe an appearance from team rocket disrupting stuff blah blah. Would be neat, doesn't have to be too big. Hoenn has always lacked post game content... battle frontier is cool but not everyone likes it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    The game does not load. I patched three different fresh Emerald ROMs and it keeps just giving me a black screen. Is the current patch broken or something?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2017
    Man, I don't like to act childish expressing how happy I am with this awesome hack but surely this is one of the best hack so far with all these unique features and non stop updates u keep on doing, we appreciate your hard work! Thanks LC! and I would like to apologize for the people here who stressed you out, just don't let these low life ppl get in your way! I actually like your attitude, they deserve such words for being ungrateful. Anyways, I'm happy to introduce this awesome hack to some of my fb pkmn-related pages as a recommended rom hack to play, with credits to you of course, if its okay. Congrats LC great job man! your hack inspires me to study bout hacking nd stuffs cuz ur hack is just amazing among the great hacks out there.. I wish this hack to be rewarded as best rom hack of 2017.. I was once amazed by pkmn gaia. got hooked by nameless fired.. and many more. But this hack, it's getting better and better. You are really cool man! pls notice this message, I want you know you're the best hacker, cheers!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    The game does not load. I patched three different fresh Emerald ROMs and it keeps just giving me a black screen. Is the current patch broken or something?

Google the pre patched rom from 2-27 of this year. I did and haven't had any problems.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2019
    is there any guide regarding pokemon evolution, Stone location and hidden item location?? thanks

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2017
    Hello sorry to bother, I don't know where to download the latest version for 721 im currently playing the 2-27-17 update where I got the patched rom hack (cuz I dunno how to patch) somewhere, and may I also ask if hoopa unbound is available in the latest version? I hope somebody could help me, tia!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hello sorry to bother, I don't know where to download the latest version for 721 im currently playing the 2-27-17 update where I got the patched rom hack (cuz I dunno how to patch) somewhere, and may I also ask if hoopa unbound is available in the latest version? I hope somebody could help me, tia!

That version is the latest one. I have it and haven't had any glitches.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    is there any guide regarding pokemon evolution, Stone location and hidden item location?? thanks

There's a link to Reddit I've posted numerous times. It has items and wild locations including legendaries. Just Google 'Theta Emerald EX wild locations'

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    Hello,
    First of all i wanna say this is great hack and I enjoying playing it.
    I have three questions
    1. Animations for certain moves (for example horn leech) will be added? Or hack won't be updated anymore? I know there is info "animation for moves will be added as time goes on" but last update was half year ago that's why I am asking.
    2. There is a bugg when entering almost every wild pokemon battle, also sometimes when using moves (some weird little squares textures covering half screen for second)
    3. Battle background looks pretty terrible, any chances it will be changed?

Anyway great hack thanks for great work!

Years
  • Hello,
    First of all i wanna say this is great hack and I enjoying playing it.
    I have three questions
    1. Animations for certain moves (for example horn leech) will be added? Or hack won't be updated anymore? I know there is info "animation for moves will be added as time goes on" but last update was half year ago that's why I am asking.
    2. There is a bugg when entering almost every wild pokemon battle, also sometimes when using moves (some weird little squares textures covering half screen for second)
    3. Battle background looks pretty terrible, any chances it will be changed?

Anyway great hack thanks for great work!

1. Move animations will be added when the Battle Engine gets updated. Also, the last update was Feb. 27 this year.
    2.Never encountered those during my playthrough of the game.
    3.They already looked good on me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Okay, so before I mentioned i was going to attempt a battle from theta emerald ex from 2 flashcards. I'm happy to say it worked flawlessly.

I had six level 50 Pokemon on each side, New and old moves/effects as well as Pokemon and it appeared to be fine. My reccomendation is: Dont use Drain kiss or electro ball in multiplayer. Even with battle animation off, it still plays the move scene. It may disconnect you from a time out.

Next time i wil try Level 100+ Pokemon and one will have a stat above the vanilla emerald 999 limit to see how it functions. Anyways, still my favorite hack by far.

We Would all appreciate a small update to the current theta emerald ex. By removing the animation in PGE, it will stop the minute long delay for those two moves.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    The rockey helmet does 1/6 damage upon contact instead of 1/8. Could be too overpowered that way.

Just fyi.

Back