• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Is bestow purposely design to remove permanent hold items from your pokemon when the wild pokemon also have hold items?
    One of the item I give to my pokemon been removed permanently. (Quick Claw and end up getting wild pokemon's hold item instead)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • is there any guide regarding pokemon evolution, Stone location and hidden item location?? thanks
    LCCool linked in his youtube channel, on the same video that constains the download of the Hack, a compressed folder with some text files.
    Those include item locations, wild Pokémon locations and that same file includes the evolution conditions for all the Pokémon in the Hack.

ON: I just noticed these in my Bag's TM Pocket, 10/10.
    Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    Anybody have any editor for this game to edit encounters? I want to play my 6 gen fav mons since start, Noibat and Tyrunt are avaible much later in game

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Anybody have any editor for this game to edit encounters? I want to play my 6 gen fav mons since start, Noibat and Tyrunt are avaible much later in game
    A-Map 1.95 should work just fine after hex editing to check for expanded pokémon.
    You can also write a givepokemon script getting their IDs from the National Dex too, I think.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    thanks for reply
    I've tried A-Map 1.95 but all encounters from 4-6 gens are called "chimecho no.411" so I have no way to change it, any suggestions?
    also I've tried to edit "chimecho" levels and it literally swapped new pokemons with chimechos so i can't use wallhack to catch low lv mons I want

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Is bestow purposely design to remove permanent hold items from your pokemon when the wild pokemon also have hold items?
    One of the item I give to my pokemon been removed permanently. (Quick Claw and end up getting wild pokemon's hold item instead)

I don't think third Generation games like Emerald had protection from held item loss in battle the way the current games do. At least a Quick Claw should be re-obtainable from a wild Sneasel, Sandshrew, Meowth, or Zangoose.

Also, are you sure it was Bestow that took your item? Bestow should only give the user's hold item to the target if the target has none. It should not work if the target has an item, so it should not be able to cause item loss if used by an enemy. Maybe it was Switcheroo or Trick, which swap the user and target's held items? I have seen Switcheroo and Bestow used in the same battle when fighting the trainers with Plusle and Minun between Slateport and Mauville.

You also may have been hit with Knock Off, which removes the target's held item, then Bestow. I don't know how the game handles items affected by Knock Off.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • The breeding property of the Power Items doesn't seem to be working.
    I've put a Ditto with a Power Bracer in the Daycare so the egg it would generate, would definitely inherit its Attack IVs but after checking with jiangzhengwenjz's EV-IV Screen, the egg only has 02 Attack IVs when it should have got Ditto's 28.

EDIT: Okay, tried again and the new egg inherited the 28 Attack IVs (its other IVs suck though so I'll have to keep trying).
    It seems to be working on a "X% chance of passing down the IV" but I think that in the official games, the inheritance is always guaranteed with these items specifically.

EDIT2: Their normal effect definitely doesn't seem to be working.
    I just defeated a Lv1 Haxorus inside the Training Cave (Battle Frontier's Artisan Cave) using a Lv1 Torchic with Power Bracer equipped and it just got 3 Attack EVs instead of 7 (4 from the Bracer and 3 from Haxorus).

What's more, it actually got 4 HP EVs for some reason. I saved before killing it to avoid this kind of problems and I just checked, before the battle Torchic has 0 EVs in all its 6 Stats, after killing the Haxorus it obtains 4 HP EVs and 3 Atk EVs.

At least the Macho Brace is working fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    LCCool linked in his youtube channel, on the same video that constains the download of the Hack, a compressed folder with some text files.
    Those include item locations, wild Pok?mon locations and that same file includes the evolution conditions for all the Pok?mon in the Hack.

ON: I just noticed these in my Bag's TM Pocket, 10/10.
    Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

Woah, what did you do that could've caused that? Did you have any TM's? I think the Battle Tent causes a glitch similar to that when you participate in it, in which case it pretty much destroys your item bag and eventually, your save file if you saved afterwards.

The only freeze for me occurs sometimes in double battles. It always happens to me on gym leader rematches when I use a non targeting move. (Like Earthquake) Although there's probably more to it than that.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Woah, what did you do that could've caused that? Did you have any TM's?
    Plenty. And I don't personally know what exactly could have caused it since I'm not checking the bag 24/7.
    These bugs I've been finding are quite annoying, I guess I'll just focus on finishing the National Dex just because I'm so close that it would be a waste to drop the hack now and end it right there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    Tyrunt: Seafloor Cavern, non-water areas, Cave (4%)
    That's its only location.

ON: 10/10, I just checked my bag after EV Training and I lost a bunch of TMs.
    Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

It's literally only place I can't get to with wallhack lol, awesome...
    I wanted to hatch egg just like I did with noibat but I guess i have no chance to do it

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • It's literally only place I can't get to with wallhack lol, awesome...
    I wanted to hatch egg just like I did with noibat but I guess i have no chance to do it
    You know there's warping gamesharks for Pok?mon Emerald, right..?
    I use one to Littleroot whenever I wanna get into the Safari Zone.
    The one for the Seafloor Cavern is this one:
    D31699F4 49C25336
    You just add it, enable it, use any door inside the ROM, disable it, and that's it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2018
    You know there's warping gamesharks for Pok?mon Emerald, right..?
    I use one to Littleroot whenever I wanna get into the Safari Zone.
    The one for the Seafloor Cavern is this one:
    D31699F4 49C25336
    You just add it, enable it, use any door inside the ROM, disable it, and that's it.

BIG thanks mate! I've actually tried warp cheat but I had no idea I have to use door, I thought it is not working :)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • 10/10, I can't even access my bag TM Pocket anymore. This sucks a lot, I'm tired of all these stupid bugs getting in my way over and over again.
    Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

EDIT: Welp, at least I'm taking a nice memory of this mess.
    LCCoolJ95, did you modified the shiny rate or it's the same as an official Pok?mon game?
    If so, this bae's legit <33
    Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

EDIT2: When and why exactly did you thought that it was a good idea to allow the player to get one single Castform when it's a requirement to get some of the legendary Pok?mon? I released mine as soon as I got it and now I need it for the 2 holes near the Weather Institute.. 10/10.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    Wow. I didn't know this rom hack existed! Phy/Spec. split, running indoors, Phy, Spec. Status, icons. Repel refresh. Reusable TMs, deletable HMs!! And a whole lot more!

It's like all the quality of life improvements from the latest gens deliciously baked into a rom you can play on Android! Thank you!!

On a side note, I know it's not allowed to share roms on the forum. But does that also apply to PMs? I'm having trouble finding an emerald rom that works.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    10/10, I can't even access my bag TM Pocket anymore. This sucks a lot, I'm tired of all these stupid bugs getting in my way over and over

EDIT: Welp, at least I'm taking a nice memory of this mess.
    LCCoolJ95, did you modified the shiny rate or it's the same as an official Pok?mon game?
    If so, this bae's legit <33
    Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

EDIT2: When and why exactly did you thought that it was a good idea to allow the player to get one single Castform when it's a requirement to get some of the legendary Pok?mon? I released mine as soon as I got it and now I need it for the 2 holes near the Weather Institute.. 10/10.
    That's really strange. I've been playing for over 80 hours total and only freeze i have is from certain double battles. Could you list major events you've done, any oddities and if it's on VBA?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • That's really strange. I've been playing for over 80 hours total and only freeze i have is from certain double battles. Could you list major events you've done, any oddities and if it's on VBA?
    I don't know...
    -I began catching everything I could in every new map I visited (Pickup helped a lot with this, it allowed me to get rare candies and lots of money. By the time I've fought Roxanne, I already had a Lv36 Blaziken because Chimchar and Riolu took their sweet time on the Verdanturf Tunnel and I didn't wasted the rare candies and experience that I got in the meantime).
    -Once I finished the League, I caught some of the legendaries I could remember the location of.
    -At some point I decided to start filling the National Dex, right now I'm missing some legendaries and that's it.
    -When I was at it, I noticed the bugged TMs inside my bag when I was in the Seafloor Cavern searching for Aerodactyl, as I stated in this post.
    -I ignored it, kept filling the Dex and sometime later, when I decided to take a break and do some breeding, I noticed how I was missing lots of TMs, as I stated in this post.
    -At that point I stopped caring and I decided to immediately drop the hack once I filled the National Dex (my original plan was to train seriously and do the Battle Frontier for the first time here, in TEEX).
    -At some point afterwards, I noticed how I couldn't access my TMs Pocket anymore, as I stated in this post.
    -Then I just kept filling the National Dex. Right now, for some reason, I can access the TMs Pocket again, but I lost a lot of TMs too, again.

The only weird thing I did, was implementing an item in my ROM using the completely unused slot after the Green Shard and then phenom2122's routine to trigger a script through an item and jiangzhengwenjz's EV-IV Screen in a completely unused space, filled with FFs.
    Since those don't interact with the TMs in any way, I'm sure they're not the cause of this bugfest.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I don't think third Generation games like Emerald had protection from held item loss in battle the way the current games do. At least a Quick Claw should be re-obtainable from a wild Sneasel, Sandshrew, Meowth, or Zangoose.

Also, are you sure it was Bestow that took your item? Bestow should only give the user's hold item to the target if the target has none. It should not work if the target has an item, so it should not be able to cause item loss if used by an enemy. Maybe it was Switcheroo or Trick, which swap the user and target's held items? I have seen Switcheroo and Bestow used in the same battle when fighting the trainers with Plusle and Minun between Slateport and Mauville.

You also may have been hit with Knock Off, which removes the target's held item, then Bestow. I don't know how the game handles items affected by Knock Off.

100% sure. I watch wild Chansey use Bestow on my pokemon and it gave lucky punch to my pokemon(Lilligant) and I lost my held item after the battle. (at route 114)

sticktendo

Hat Lover
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Hello, so I recently acquired this romhack and have been having a lot of fun with it until a bug occurred where I lost all my TMs and HMs! I made it all the way to Mauville with no issues until I noticed during the Wattson fight I had extremely large stacks of items (in the range of about 3500) and no TMs. I can also no longer purchase or otherwise regain any missing TMs or HMs. Has anyone else had this issue?

Below is a quick GIF I grabbed to demonstrate the issue.

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

Back