• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What has been by far your most pleasant video game happening in 2017?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Go.

In my case, we now have an official sh*tposting thread on our own sub forum, Wolfenstein 2 the new colossus, and Kayn the Shadow Reaper. Honorary mention goes to Doomfist's official release.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    428 localisation <3333

Also Teken 7's console release and the announcement of two new Metroid games.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Deciding to give Splatoon another chance! Bought it when came out but I never really played it much and eventually sold it. Fast forward 2 years later and I happen to watch a Splatoon 2 trailer and start realizing that I might've missed out on something. Picked it up off eBay again and played nonstop for about a month. Splatoon 2 is out tomorrow and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Also, we finally got a solid date on Kingdom Hearts III! And with a Toy Story world!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If we're talking about stuff that actually came out in 2017, the Hearthstone expansions and GETTING A SWITCH. I'm having a blast with Breath of the Wild - I will admit I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan because I think they are so formulaic and repetitive with their games, but it was really nice to see them break so many LoZ traditions and create something so different (and fun) for the franchise. I also got Puyo Puyo Tetris, that's also been addicting as hell.

In terms of just happenings this year not related to 2017 games, I've been having a blast with Left 4 Dead 2 - terrible at shooters but I've been having so much fun just messing around with my friends since we don't get annoyed at each other even if we don't play well (well, a certain someone gets really mad when I refuse to use my projectiles).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The remastering of the Crash Bandicoot trilogy made me seal the deal to get a PS4. But sadly I am broke and can't afford said console, nor game. Which sucks because I really don't want to spend at least $300 on a console just for one game.

battlepikelucy

Randnet
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2017
    honestly i am so stoked for KH III because i've been waiting so long to get a ps4 and here's my chance :^)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Riot Buffing Nasus to beyond extremities and receiving news that Fiora and Yasuo who were previously hit hard with a nerf will be buffed in the next patch. I am pretty aware of the future positive changes to Fiora and Yasuo considering those are two of my main champions.

Also, Titanfall 2 getting a better player count. It desperately needed that because Titan2 is amazing and was only cocked hard by EA's really bad release date scheduling. Also, BF1, a game that i kinda liked and loved getting a lower playercount. Karma baby.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • If we're talking about the happenings in the year 2017, I think it's a nice year for me to get several retro consoles and handhelds. At first, I managed to get a Wii as the consolation because of the issue with Switch pricing at my end, and finally I got my hands on PSP after quite a long time. Besides of that, I also noticed that Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 happened to have Chinese commentary as well, which causes me to buy it and playing it for long.

As for stuffs that are released in 2017, I'm looking forward to get Puyo Puyo Tetris someday, if I'm able to get the Switch somehow. Besides of that, I'm also psyched on the news of Pro Evolution Soccer 2018, even though I'm cautious at the same time because I'm not sure if my laptop is compatible or not, considering that it says the specs required to play this upcoming game might be higher than the last one.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    played the Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC for the first time this year, it's one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a long time

Spoiler:

Years
  • Well next week I'm building my own PC finally, so I could finally play a lot of games I have without lag. That will probably be my best gaming experience for a long long time.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm going to vote crash n san trilogy absolutely love the blast of nostalgia even if it was slightly altered, and throw in the stormy ascent level dlc and man u have a real challenge on your hands

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • My unofficial or delayed quadra kill with Urgot:

I actually didnt know that engage me and our thresh did might have worked but it did.

Back