• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Announcement: Changes to the Queue and Hosting Games

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Announcement:

As many people have noticed, the Underground has slowed down - with fewer new games starting up and the queue slowing down to halt. The queue has the potential to work in some ideal situations - however, the current state is far from ideal. As such, we will be changing how hosting new games will be done in the future.

Our first step will be to remove the queue entirely, and create a cap on currently existing games to approximately 5-6 (of any size). This means there are no more upper/lower limits on number of users able to join small or large games - as their size will be determined strictly by the GM's plans for their game and the number of users willing to join.

When a current game ends, any user with a complete OP finished for hosting a mafia game will be able to post their game to immediately. It is then up to the Underground staff to approve the thread so it will be publicly available and ready to take sign-ups!

Additionally, when a game finishes - the GM of that current game will be set to a "cooldown" of one month (four weeks, and is subject to change in the future) where they can not host any new games. This is to help encourage a wider selection of GM's to host games and hopefully avoid the same GM's hosting too many games too quickly (or at the same time). If the four weeks cooldown is either too long or too short, we will most certainly be changing it if the need arises.

As a note: the queue will be dissolved; however the thread will be left open for a few days for any GMs/members to check to see what games they had been planning on hosting and hopefully remind them (if they still intend to host) that they can host as soon as possible if their game is ready!

Lastly, if any GM currently has a game ready to go, or is able to get one up in the upcoming days - feel free to write up the OP and get it posted and we'll read them over and approve them when we're online! Going with the plan of 5-6 games up at a time (hopefully), we'll be looking at having 3 or so games starting up as soon as GMs are ready! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Yay~! Also RIP because there's no way my game will be ready to get in the initial rush.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Yay~! Also RIP because there's no way my game will be ready to get in the initial rush.

With three slots open atm and the current 3 games drawing to a close, I'd say you've got a good chance. :P

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
This seems like a good move to fix the issues that seemed to be ongoing for a bit.

That being said, someone get a game going, I got killed and wanna keep playing :P

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Suggestion though, I'd say keep the Index up, but as like a preview of Upcoming Games. It doesn't necessarily need to be in the order it appears, but it would be lovely for people who actually want to know what games should they expect be up soon, and be hyped for.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Suggestion though, I'd say keep the Index up, but as like a preview of Upcoming Games. It doesn't necessarily need to be in the order it appears, but it would be lovely for people who actually want to know what games should they expect be up soon, and be hyped for.

y tho

If someone wants to post their banner in the DCC, that'd be the same basically.

"IM SUBMITTIN THIS NEXT YOALL"

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
idk atleast it be on one big master post instead of the dcc where you wont really know if thats still worked on or not

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I agree, post in the DCC when you're approaching readiness :). Otherwise the poor mods will have to keep the not-quite-a-queue up to date for no reason.

On the GM side, you won't have people pestering you to post a game if you're not ready! :)

I think this change will be super. Just a side note that any submitted OPs must be 100% complete - you can't submit an incomplete Mafia thread to save yourself a spot.

Back