• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultra Recon Squad

Years
  • I wonder if these guys will replace the Aether Foundation as USUM's big baddies.

While yes, Lusamine still exists, it's very well possible she may be playing a different role this time around and that can apply to the rest of the Aether Foundation, as well.

From this screenshot here:

Ultra Recon Squad

It can already be deduced that somehow, the URS has managed to either steal or somehow gotten their hands on Aether Foundation technology, so we know the two are connected, or, at the very least, interact with each other at some point during the game.

Should be very interesting, indeed!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like the look of them! There's something very mysterious and unsettling about these guys and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up being the baddies. I'm presuming they will replace the Aether Foundation but they do have similarities to them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It can already be deduced that somehow, the URS has managed to either steal or somehow gotten their hands on Aether Foundation technology

Do we know with certainty that Beasts Balls were originally Aether Foundation technology? What if they found or stole a Beast Ball from the Ultra Recon Squad (or from Ultra Space in general) and then reverse engineered it in order to recreate their own Beast Balls. Then Lusamine claimed ownership of the technology in the name of the Aether Foundation.

Not saying it's likely, but it's possible....it feels more plausible to me than this team from another dimension (who seem like they're more familiar with Ultra Beasts than the Aether Foundation) having to steal technology from the Aether Foundation in order to capture Ultra Beasts.

Also something else I was thinking, since the Ultra Recon Squad use UBs to fight....does that mean there won't be any grunts to fight? There aren't that many UBs, it would get repetitive really fast if we had to fight a lot of grunts that only use UBs.

Though I'm guessing that's why they're called a "Recon Squad", so it'll probably be just like fighting admins.

I like the look of them! There's something very mysterious and unsettling about these guys and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up being the baddies. I'm presuming they will replace the Aether Foundation but they do have similarities to them.

Maybe it'll be like Team Magma and Team Aqua and they'll have some kind of rivalry or conflict.

Even if they're the baddies, I'm guessing they won't be ultimately that bad....since whatever they're doing is because the light has been stolen from their world. So they're already sympathetic without knowing much about them.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I already mentioned this in the news thread, but those guys are very pale, which is what happens if you live in a world where Necrozma stole its light for too long. In an earlier screenshot, I saw Soliera and Phyco without their visors, so I'm guessing that living in Ultra Metropolis for so long may have caused their eyes to become very sensitive to light.

Anyway, I like their designs and outfits.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I said this in the other thread but they looked like they were PART of the Aether foundation? Am I just stupidly assuming things? I mean, there's a shot of Dulce blocking a path in the Aether sanctuary -- why would he try and prevent someone from leaving if he wasn't part of the place?

Can someone please help me understand why people think they live in Ultra Space?

Years
  • Can someone please help me understand why people think they live in Ultra Space?

not saying that I personally hold these views but from a quick glance around here:

a) their skin is super pale. usually this only happens if you don't get enough sunlight. assuming that ultra recon squad spends the majority of their time in ultra megapolis, this would be unsurprising.

b) they wear goggles for some odd reason. unless it's some sort of fashion accessory, one can make a reasonable assumption that they use it because their eyes are much more sensitive to light as a result of spending so much time in the dark.

that's all i've got.

Years
  • I said this in the other thread but they looked like they were PART of the Aether foundation? Am I just stupidly assuming things? I mean, there's a shot of Dulce blocking a path in the Aether sanctuary -- why would he try and prevent someone from leaving if he wasn't part of the place?

Can someone please help me understand why people think they live in Ultra Space?

The official Pok?mon website confirms it.

The Ultra Recon Squad is a mysterious group that has come from a world that lies beyond an Ultra Wormhole. For what purpose have they come to the Alola region?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Seems like Lusamine will still be evil; In the Pokemon official website it says: "Cosmog evolved into Cosmoem after Lusamine forced it to use its power.".

Seems like we have more to deal with. I am thinking if the Ultra Recon Squad is trying to stop Aether Foundation instead.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    b) they wear goggles for some odd reason. unless it's some sort of fashion accessory, one can make a reasonable assumption that they use it because their eyes are much more sensitive to light as a result of spending so much time in the dark.

The official artwork for Ultra Megaopolis shows them without the goggles on, so this is likely the case.

Also I was rewatching the video and I saw something I haven't seen anyone else mention. When Dulse and Zossie are being shown, "Ultra Sun" appears at the bottom of the screen while for Phyco and Soliera, "Ultra Moon" is on the screen. Does that mean they're version exclusives?

I was thinking perhaps depending on the version, two different members of the Ultra Recon Squad visit Alola. All four characters probably exist in both versions though. So Phyco and Soliera might only appear in Ultra Megaopolis in Ultra Sun. (and vice versa for Dulse and Zossie in Ultra Moon)

I feel like this theory is further supported by the fact that Dulse and Soliera are both shown to have only one Pokemon and it's the same one, UB Adhesive.

If this is true I'm definitely starting to lean towards getting Ultra Sun. Since I prefer Dulse, Zossie and UB Blast.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Also I was rewatching the video and I saw something I haven't seen anyone else mention. When Dulse and Zossie are being shown, "Ultra Sun" appears at the bottom of the screen while for Phyco and Soliera, "Ultra Moon" is on the screen. Does that mean they're version exclusives?

I was thinking perhaps depending on the version, two different members of the Ultra Recon Squad visit Alola. All four characters probably exist in both versions though. So Phyco and Soliera might only appear in Ultra Megaopolis in Ultra Sun. (and vice versa for Dulse and Zossie in Ultra Moon)

I feel like this theory is further supported by the fact that Dulse and Soliera are both shown to have only one Pokemon and it's the same one, UB Adhesive.

If this is true I'm definitely starting to lean towards getting Ultra Sun. Since I prefer Dulse, Zossie and UB Blast.

It's true. Official website confirms it:
    Players will see the story told from somewhat different perspectives in each version, with Dulse and Zossie playing a central role in Pok?mon Ultra Sun and Soliera and Phyco taking that role in Pok?mon Ultra Moon.

Source

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Wow, actually getting major story differences that aren't just the legendaries? I'm impressed again :O

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Colress would be the perfect leader for these guys, he just fits the theme so much. The appearance and fusion of the legendaries relates so much to him. Not only that but considering he was brought back to Sun & Moon mainly just to be battled at the Battle Tree, I mean surely it has to be more than that?

Years
  • I think Colress would be the perfect leader for these guys, he just fits the theme so much. The appearance and fusion of the legendaries relates so much to him. Not only that but considering he was brought back to Sun & Moon mainly just to be battled at the Battle Tree, I mean surely it has to be more than that?

I want Colress to play an important role as much as the next person (that's a fan of Unova characters, that is), but some part of me just... kinda doubts it, y'know? I feel like Colress' cameo in SM is really just that -- a cameo -- mostly as a nod to Unova fans, alongside Grimsley's cameo.

And Game Freak has traditionally never had returning characters from past generations serving any plot significant purpose (to my knowledge, anyway), so this would definitely be a first for them (no i am not counting Team Rocket in Gen II/ FRLG Gen III.

One thing is for sure though, it'd certainly be interesting to see Colress as the leader of a different organization this time around!

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I can't tell if they heroes or villains yet. Each of the characters look great. I love to know what they are plotting.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    And Game Freak has traditionally never had returning characters from past generations serving any plot significant purpose (to my knowledge, anyway), so this would definitely be a first for them (no i am not counting Team Rocket in Gen II/ FRLG Gen III.

One thing is for sure though, it'd certainly be interesting to see Colress as the leader of a different organization this time around!

Well wait a minute, what about Anabel? Our beloved Emerald Frontier Brain with amnesia who is now in a special Task Force with Looker? I mean she had a pretty significant importance in the overall Ultra Beast plot. You have to admit, Anabel was a serious curve ball from GF.
    If she can play such a significant role in Sun and Moon with her history in Emerald, I feel like just about any generation character can make a sudden return in any of the newer games and play a significant role in the plot.

Years
  • Well wait a minute, what about Anabel? Our beloved Emerald Frontier Brain with amnesia who is now in a special Task Force with Looker? I mean she had a pretty significant importance in the overall Ultra Beast plot. You have to admit, Anabel was a serious curve ball from GF.
    If she can play such a significant role in Sun and Moon with her history in Emerald, I feel like just about any generation character can make a sudden return in any of the newer games and play a significant role in the plot.

i actually
    completely forgot about anabel lmfao

but i mean

aside from her

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    i actually
    completely forgot about anabel lmfao

but i mean

aside from her

LOL I really do think she's a weird character to appear from so long ago and suddenly be so important, but I just think with her being that important, any random character from an older generation could suddenly have an important role.

I will admit, I agree with the unlikeliness of Colress controlling the Ultra Recon Squad or really being heavily involved with the various Ultra Space dimensions... however Colress has been known to do some pretty scary stuff all for the sake of research, so we could possibly see him doing some things behind the main plot. Just some kind of scene that makes us all say, "Oh that sneaky Colress!"
    So who knows, maybe they could throw Colress in there just to spice it up a bit, but I actually don't see him naturally fitting into the plot of what has been revealed so far anyways.

However if GF decides to pull another Anabel, maybe we will suddenly have Colress be the big bad in this game.

Back