• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

September Stats

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • (Now for public viewing! Older threads are moving here too if you want to dig them up).

Less active than previous months as a few articles finally dropped down in views (although they've jumped up a touch lately). Overall still pretty steady - in fact, negating one article's change we're pretty much like one month in terms of views.

The Raw Numbers
    September total views: 30,089 (August: 35,710, July: 249,080)
    September total visitors: 20,454 (August: 25,582, July: 188,126)
    September average views/day: 1,003 (August: 1,152, July: 8,035)
    Daily High Score: 3,740 (Best ever: 78,064 views, August: 1,836)
    Lowest Score (for a full day): 476 (August: 599, July: 463)
    Number of 100+ days: 30 (August: 31, July: 31)

Image of hits/day:
    Spoiler:

Articles visited since start of month until 1st Oct:
    Spoiler:
    (Note that articles posted in the month have the orange tab to the left. Those with < 10 hits in the month were cut for image size.)

The peak early in the month corresponds to the top article - we got a bunch of SM news early and evidently people were interested in the new characters and UB-01! It even overtook homepage hits. Views throughout the month after that peak period were mostly steady - a bit lower than before by eye which reflects smaller news in the 2nd half of the month and the diminishing GO guide views.

Alolan Rattata and Raticate were very popular bits of news as well. Then the GO Guide article had about 6,000 less views than the previous month, although I've recently updated it (hence why it claims to be posted this month). The GSC eshop article also slide down views the past month, curiously - perhaps people are less interested in GSC with SM being so close.

SM news (ultra beasts, the other Oak, etc) dominates views, but Pokemon Uranium articles are also popular. Generations have a decent start with views. The ROM hacking articles have done well considering they've only been posted in the last week on that note!

Google's versions of the stats ('sessions' = views, seems lower than total stats):
    Spoiler:

Referrers (ie what sites people came from to visit the magazine)
    Spoiler:
    Google remains king. Reddit fell down as did Facebook, while Twitter went up. No gamejolt.com hits this month, finnish forum gave more hits, and we got... references from furaffinity.net. Okay.

Search engines terms (what people put in anything but Google to get to the magazine.
    Spoiler:
    (Removed those that gave only one click.)

The funny and weird searches (that got clicks, and including google) include:
    how do pokemon get placed
    pokemon go buddy update for pennsylvania
    pokemon iwanko.com
    how can pokemon cp25 be a wonder
    viridian city man that needs coffee where to get the coffee from
    when dose the pokemon go buddy sistume come out
    how many caddies pokemon go buddy
    harambe pokemon confirmed
    kissanime pokemon generations episode 1
    namen voor eevee
    мега лапрас
    guzma x lusamine

Clicks (links clicked in articles)
    Spoiler:
    No more i#.wp.com links, at least not in this month. I.e. clicks to images hosted on Daily aren't included here.

Usual websites at the top, but they were clicked a lot more (maybe due to the major SM news at the start of the month?)

Country breakdown:
    Spoiler:
    US on top. Philippines and particularly Singapore went down a fair chunk this month.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Cool to see that the Lillie/Gladion/UB-01 article got a lot of views! Gives me an indication of the sort of stuff I can write on in the next month or two :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • September Stats

So someone knows about PC in my newspaper... hmm...

Also wtf does this mean?

September Stats

That's... very few visits from the EU... considering how many visits are there from EU countries??

September Stats

Does "EU" refer to views from the official institutions in Brussels or what? I'm confused.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Best search 10/10
    To be fair in the same games you do have to get a drink for an NPC, so it's not a bad thought wondering where one gets coffee for that NPC!
    anyway i love statistics thank you for giving me all this to look at in wonder :D
    Statistics like these are super interesting to read, so thanks for this!
    No worries! I'll endeavour to continue them each month. =)

September Stats

So someone knows about PC in my newspaper... hmm...
    The link is https://pokemaster.es/estos-pokemon-no-tendran-subespecies-en-la-region-de-alola-no-99212/
    Also wtf does this mean?

September Stats

That's... very few visits from the EU... considering how many visits are there from EU countries??

Does "EU" refer to views from the official institutions in Brussels or what? I'm confused.
    Looked it up:
    This just means that our geolocation service believes the user is in the European Union, but they can't pinpoint exactly what country. Not trying to intentionally hide any countries on your stats page!

Back