• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
AdvancedK47 said:
Meh, the new girl doesn't look shippable with Ash XP. Some insane Misty Pinkification but with smaller boobs

Please keep Dawn

yeah I agree with that.

I wish, but unfortunately it won't happen. The new girl's supposed to be older in the games. So will she be older than Ash? Or cause more confusion and make her younger, or make Ash older...

Jorah said:
So, the new girl = White? She actually looks really cool, I think, she's probably my favourite character design for a character :D And the boy character actually looks cute. Can't wait for the fanart to start ~

Yes, happy that they're *older* but we'll see how old they are. And it looks like they're back to the hats. The girl is obviously a trainer, no more of that prissy contest junk. How about that hair...jeez.

But I found this really funny about the new girl

OMG...did she have to be compared to her?!?! That's another one next to Ke$ha...

I realized after like, four generations, that there really is no point to be in awe or excited to see those two together like that. I mean, haven't we all seen that coming? They'll always have a boy and girl player. So that ship is really nothing new.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
Oh my goodness yay! I know it's based on appearance but I'm hoping finally we'll have a strong, independent girl main character in the anime! In that case, I'm hoping she replaces Brock. Although unfortunately that might mean people will ship her and Brock, when I can't really see that happening. :-/ Wow I'm judging a lot on a few pictures. I just feel like I could relate more to this character. Let's go back to training!!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
*AAAAAAA* THE MALE PLAYER CHARACTER
YOU KNOW, IF I COULD I COULD SHIP MY OC WITH HIM, IF HE DOESN'T TURN UP IN THE ANIME

Does anyone support OCxCanon ships?

Jorah said:
*cool pics*

Ah, I know one of those! It's from reka-chan, right?
...yes it is~

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I don't like shipping OCs with canon characters...I dunno, the one's I've read (which is about 3 XD) it always seems as though they're there because the author has a crush on one of the characters and so is putting themselves in there so they can have a story all about themselves having a crush and a relationship with that character o.O One of my friends did one with herself and Ash...she's 19...o__o I mean, I used to have a crush on him...when I was 9. Nine. But I dunno, if people like doing that I have nothing against it...but I don't myself.

When Barry said to Ash "keep your shirt on" in yesterday's episode it sounded soo random...I'm saying this is a hint for Barry/Paul.

Gotta post this one before it becomes irrelevant..

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

^ Would be 100% amazing if she didn't have a flat chest, it doesn't look right there.

How about that hair...jeez.

OMG...did she have to be compared to her?!?! That's another one next to Ke$ha...

I realized after like, four generations

I like her hair.

lol no. Even if you dislike all the drugs stuff, even if you don't like her actual songs...you have to admit she has a good voice and can sing. Unlike Kesha.

I realised when I was considering whether to buy Silver version that it was repetitive and wondered if I should be wasting my money back then :P It's just nice to see the fanart, got to start up my collection.

Oh my goodness yay! I know it's based on appearance but I'm hoping finally we'll have a strong, independent girl main character in the anime! In that case, I'm hoping she replaces Brock. Although unfortunately that might mean people will ship her and Brock, when I can't really see that happening. :-/ Wow I'm judging a lot on a few pictures. I just feel like I could relate more to this character. Let's go back to training!!

I hope she'll replace Brock, too, because I agree, she does look strong and independent. Wonder what the anime's going to do about her.

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
When Barry said to Ash "keep your shirt on" in yesterday's episode it sounded soo random...I'm saying this is a hint for Barry/Paul.

*facepalm*

Would be 100% amazing if she didn't have a flat chest, it doesn't look right there.

You would be amazed. She looks a lot like Dawn in that though...

...you have to admit she has a good voice and can sing.

Uhh...right...

I hope she'll replace Brock, too, because I agree, she does look strong and independent. Wonder what the anime's going to do about her.

Oh hohoho, they'll make her look *strong* and *independent* for the first few episodes (like with May and Dawn), then she'll become like the other two once we're in mid-season. It's not gonna last.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
*facepalm*

You would be amazed. She looks a lot like Dawn in that though...

XD

? I was thinking it seems like it's quite hard to make vector images that resemble the style of the anime so much...I suppose if you know how to make vector images from the start though...D: It seems like it would take a lot of time. But I'd like to learn...It looks so much like Dawn because it's an edit of a scene from Kimi no Soba de.

Uhh...right...

Oh hohoho, they'll make her look *strong* and *independent* for the first few episodes (like with May and Dawn), then she'll become like the other two once we're in mid-season. It's not gonna last.

Wow. You've got to admit she can at least sing, unlike Kesha, right?

I dont think May was ever supposed to be strong and independent? She never seemed that way. She just wanted to travel, hated Pokemon and wasn't good at battling...obviously that had to change for her to do anything XD Dawn just ended up losing her personality and hasn't actually grown at all, I think >_>

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Wow. You've got to admit she can at least sing, unlike Kesha, right?

Nope.

I dont think May was ever supposed to be strong and independent? She never seemed that way. She just wanted to travel, hated Pokemon and wasn't good at battling...obviously that had to change for her to do anything XD Dawn just ended up losing her personality and hasn't actually grown at all, I think

You've got a point, it's her "weakness" that made her become a contest coordinator than a trainer. Paul would've already thought the obvious. But she was independent. Dawn, yeah, I hated it when they killed her personality. It will happen to the new girl. Doesn't matter if she's older.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021

Failure.

You've got a point, it's her "weakness" that made her become a contest coordinator than a trainer. Paul would've already thought the obvious. But she was independent. Dawn, yeah, I hated it when they killed her personality. It will happen to the new girl. Doesn't matter if she's older.

Misty, Gary and Dawn all killed. Brock and Tracy were bland in the first place. S'pose it isn't looking good.

And now this is going to be the last post for ages....I hate being the last.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
She may be older than the other girls that doesn't stop people from shipping her and Ash.
There's already threads starting up on her and Ash LOL. Guess what? I'm a shipper of them too muhahaha!!!!

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
She may be older than the other girls that doesn't stop people from shipping her and Ash.
There's already threads starting up on her and Ash LOL. Guess what? I'm a shipper of them too muhahaha!!!!

^^ so I guess that whole "4Life" thing meant something different than I thought...? ;-)

I kind of don't want her to be in the show. *dodges bullets* because you guys are right-- they're going to kill her personality, and whenever I load up my game I don't want to see some bland squealing girly-girl who couldn't handle a beedrill to save her life. :/

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
No, no I'll always still be a Pearlshipper.
However, that doesn't mean I can't ship other ships.
Many people do itXD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
No, no I'll always still be a Pearlshipper.
However, that doesn't mean I can't ship other ships.
Many people do itXD

Sooner or later you're gonna have to choose which one would suit you better. Unless you believe in polygamy... in that case... well, not my prob... :\ I decided to stick to Pearlshipping between that and Advanceshipping.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Sooner or later you're gonna have to choose which one would suit you better. Unless you believe in polygamy... in that case... well, not my prob... :\ I decided to stick to Pearlshipping between that and Advanceshipping.

I'll always choose Pearlshipping :(

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
And why is that, explain? Because I don't like listening to her?

For deafness. I don't particularly like listening to her songs much, but I can admit she can sing ~

Not Brock. Not until the Advanced Generation.

He was boring waay before. Like, in Johto. Was dying in the first season, anyway...actually, he was never much interesting.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
For deafness. I don't particularly like listening to her songs much, but I can admit she can sing ~

I'm deaf because I don't like her music? Wouldn't that count everyone else who doesn't like someone's music?

He was boring waay before. Like, in Johto. Was dying in the first season, anyway...actually, he was never much interesting.

Mid-Johto, everyone got boring.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
I don't like shipping OCs with canon characters...I dunno, the one's I've read (which is about 3 XD) it always seems as though they're there because the author has a crush on one of the characters and so is putting themselves in there so they can have a story all about themselves having a crush and a relationship with that character o.O

I thought so! Glad someone said something haha because I always suspected that.

For the record, I thought Tracey was the most hysterical character and as far as I'm concerned he still holds that title. Especially in Pokemon 2000.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
I thought so! Glad someone said something haha because I always suspected that.

For the record, I thought Tracey was the most hysterical character and as far as I'm concerned he still holds that title. Especially in Pokemon 2000.

I liked Tracey too.
Which reminds me, I also ship Orangeshipping.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
Years
  • Age 22
  • Asia
  • Seen Mar 11, 2015
Ok guys, we have something what we could call a hint.

DP177
Just as Zoey was about to leave she asked Dawn if she would like to come with her in Snowpoint because Candice has organized a party to celebrate her win.

Dawn rejected her offer as she said she still has to cheer Ash on.

Also, a new title has been revealed.

DP180
- The plot deals with Dawn unsure of what to do next.
- The group encounters Kenny and Kenny asks Dawn to come with him if he beats Ash in a battle.

So it seems like we're most likely getting some Peanguinshipping VS Pearlshipping rivalry.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Just as Zoey was about to leave she asked Dawn if she would like to come with her in Snowpoint because Candice has organized a party to celebrate her win.

Dawn rejected her offer as she said she still has to cheer Ash on.

lol. She made the right choice. Don't tag along with Zoey to Snowpoint City, and where Candice is also--.......:P

Now that....could be debatable. Or it could still fall under the "friends category".

The group encounters Kenny and Kenny asks Dawn to come with him if he beats Ash in a battle.

What?? Now that's just not right if it's true. Kenny just brought it down if he pulls something like that. Is that why he left? So he's coming back, and demanding Dawn to come with him (unlike May and Drew) if he beats Ash in a battle? Wow, Kenny. Where and how did you drop your balls like that. Not cool. My admiration of whatever it was just dropped to a new low.

The right thing that Dawn should do is improve herself and get that "beat her next time" attitude. Kenny better not intrude on this if he starts to be demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back