• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
  • lol. She made the right choice. Don't tag along with Zoey to Snowpoint City, and where Candice is also--.......:P

Wow, Kenny. Where and how did you drop your balls like that. Not cool. My admiration of whatever it was just dropped to a new low.

Hahaha. I'm not sure exactly what you mean because it is kinda gutsy of him to demand something like that of ASH KETCHUM but yeah, not the smartest or most unsexist thing he's ever done. And yeah, that whole time Zoey was first with Candice I thought... um... is "Miss Senior" a pet name or is it a pet name? Buticouldbewrong.

Honestly, if that episode with Ash and Kenny goes down like ben_pokemon is suggesting, expect heavy on the penguinshipping and light on the pearlshipping. Ash. Loves. Battling. Hands down. Kenny could demand his last rice cake and Ash would probably fight for it with as much enthusiasm as he will for Dawn.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I read that.
    I'm like, my God man where'd your respect go?
    Guess Kenny was like screw dat I just lost early in the Grand Festival.
    This is my only hope to get the girl I love.
    Pearlshipping V.S Penguineshipping indeed.
    Course, it could always be heavy with Pearlshipping too. From Dawn's point of view any ways.
    Ash is just clueless about it.
    Finally end Penguineshipping?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Wow, so Ash is perhaps going to be "giving Dawn away" in a battle o.o
    Ash: Here Kenny, take this woman I possess...
    Kenny: Wow, thanks, this is what I've always wanted

And a battle between Ash and Kenny isn't even interesting, why couldn't it at least be Kenny vs Dawn?

Hahaha. I'm not sure exactly what you mean because it is kinda gutsy of him to demand something like that of ASH KETCHUM but yeah, not the smartest or most unsexist thing he's ever done. And yeah, that whole time Zoey was first with Candice I thought... um... is "Miss Senior" a pet name or is it a pet name? Buticouldbewrong.

I think Zoey just calls her Suzuna-sensei in Japanese, so the dub should've said Miss Candice. Suzuna has a nickname for Nozomi in Japanese though, its "Nozochi" lol.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • > <

- The group encounters Kenny and Kenny asks Dawn to come with him if he beats Ash in a battle.

So it seems like we're most likely getting some Peanguinshipping VS Pearlshipping rivalry.

My god Kenny, you not only made Dawn's childhood life miserable by calling her by Dee-dee and having everyone laugh at her, THEN youleave Dawn ALONE in the Grand Festival just because you lost, and in the end you come back just to demand the same girl to come with you? Are you crazy? Are you trying to be a douchebag?
    Well, congrats Kenny you are even worse of a douchebag than Shinji.

No we won't. Ash loves battles, and you know how he reacts to challenges like these.

Kenny: Battle me! If you lose I'm going to take Dee-dee with me.
    Dawn: It's D-A-W-N.
    Ash: -ignores the rest of the sentence- Yay a battle~ I'll take your challenge.

I almost want Ash to win JUST to have the douche squirm in his loss. D<

Obviously Ash won't, there's still the 8th gym badge and the Pokemon League. According to Pokemon anime rules the girl stays until the end.
    Besides, Ash's just gonna be like "yay a battle".

Even if he loses I hope Dawn's going to refuse the offer/demand/order thing. Kenny can't just leave and come back like this.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Kenny is making me want to buy CFC'ed hair spray and abuse it to kill penguins in Antarctica for some reason...

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016

And a battle between Ash and Kenny isn't even interesting, why couldn't it at least be Kenny vs Dawn?

Yah, as some one said Ash loves battles.
    He probaly won't even know he's battling over Dawn LOL.
    We all know how clueless Ash is over this stuff.
    Dawn will know though, try to decide which one she likes better.
    Than in the end me thinks Dawn will cheer Ash on.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Honestly, if that episode with Ash and Kenny goes down like ben_pokemon is suggesting, expect heavy on the penguinshipping and light on the pearlshipping. Ash. Loves. Battling. Hands down. Kenny could demand his last rice cake and Ash would probably fight for it with as much enthusiasm as he will for Dawn.

But it's "forceful" Penguinshipping because it's not Dawn thinks or cares at this moment. I can see her saying no, because as a friend, she'll stick around for Ash at the Sinnoh League Championship. This is a trait that Kenny is clearly lacking, so it should be him who should learn from Dawn about this.

Ash is just clueless about it.

I don't care what Ash thinks, clearly this is a battle, and a Pokemon battle is a Pokemon battle. He'll take it seriously. Plus it'll be good practice. Show that Floatzel who's boss by evolving your own Buizel -_-.

Azumi, I totally agree with everything you said. Not worth quoting it so I'll just say it here. This is such a dick move by Kenny.

Even if he loses I hope Dawn's going to refuse the offer/demand/order thing. Kenny can't just leave and come back like this.

She's smart enough to come to her senses that she's been by Ash at his battles, and vice-versa, and it would be insulting if she agreed to Kenny. She'd kill her own character too.

Kenny is making me want to buy CFC'ed hair spray and abuse it to kill penguins in Antarctica for some reason...

Nooooo not the penguins....D: Think Happy Feet...think Happy Feet...

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Oh great, now I really am going to do it. I'll get a picture of myself doing that.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Wow, so Ash is perhaps going to be "giving Dawn away" in a battle o.o

Hahahahah XD Oh and when I first read that without the dialogue, I was thinking that you meant like a father gives away the bride. That'd be one messed up wedding. Anyway.

I'm guessing Kenny never has a father figure present?

oh and off-topic questions, does anyone know why you can't change your username anymore?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Every time an username is changed, one electrode from PC's server dies. (Every name changes ****s up the server XD)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I'm not quoting everyone who said the same thing to me, so I'll just say ~ I was talking about the sexism with the whole winning Dawn as a prize thing, not about my future predictions. I thought that was obvious since I went on to say the battle should at least be Kenny vs Dawn. o.O Yay Shedinjareese, you got it ^^ Or, I think you did, well you at least you found it funny o.O Yeah, I was also thinking of a wedding where the father gives away the bride XD But this time the father's keeping her (for a little while longer, at least) XD.

Yeah, they stopped giving name changes around February/March. The only way you'd be able to have a new name is to create a new account :/

She's smart enough to come to her senses that she's been by Ash at his battles, and vice-versa, and it would be insulting if she agreed to Kenny. She'd kill her own character too.

I think it kills her character a little in that she just accepts this battle to happen on these terms :( I wonder if she'll even protest

...That film is adorable o_o

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Shedinjareese said:

If he did, then he'd be pulling a Luke Skywalker and going "That's not possible!! *cries* I have Barry!"

Jorah said:
    I think it kills her character a little in that she just accepts this battle to happen on these terms :( I wonder if she'll even protest

Submitting to Kenny's d**k? Yeah I think that kills her character.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Yay Shedinjareese, you got it ^^ Or, I think you did, well you at least you found it funny o.O Yeah, I was also thinking of a wedding where the father gives away the bride XD But this time the father's keeping her (for a little while longer, at least) XD.

Haha yep, that's what I thought. Who knows, maybe Dawn's a little deeper than we thought and actually LIKES boys fighting over her? X-P

If he did, then he'd be pulling a Luke Skywalker and going "That's not possible!! *cries* I have Barry!"

Now THAT is a fanfic I would read! Maybe. You know, if it was grammatically correct and less than twenty pages.

When does this supposed episode air?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • shedinjareese said:
    Who knows, maybe Dawn's a little deeper than we thought and actually LIKES boys fighting over her? X-P

Or as equally dense as Ash is. Remember, this is the writers' original intention. Make her equal to Ash.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Or as equally dense as Ash is. Remember, this is the writers' original intention. Make her equal to Ash.

Well even if she turns out to be incredibly shallow, that's more character development than Ash has, so that would be interesting. I think she already is as dense as Ash. But Ash wouldn't like girls fighting over him, he'd just be mad he's not in the battle bc he has a 1-track mind. And thanks ben_pokemon-- I'll mark my calendar!

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Hahahahah XD Oh and when I first read that without the dialogue, I was thinking that you meant like a father gives away the bride. That'd be one messed up wedding. Anyway.

oh and off-topic questions, does anyone know why you can't change your username anymore?

LOLz It looks like that.
    Or else the dad would have had a talk with Kenny about the birds and the Bees LOL.
    Sadly enough, I could see Dawn being as dense as Ash is about love.
    Than Kenny would think Dawn means she likes likes Ash and be all you won best man won.
    I'd LOL at that.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Guys, a new summary for DP180 leaked which might change are speculations a little bit.

"A sudden propose!? Satoshi VS Kengo with Hikari on the line!!"

Kengo, who has set his goal to next Grand Festival, was having a special training with Asagi City's Gym Leader Mikan (Jasmine).
    After hearing that, Hikari starts to stress about not making her future goal yet.
    At that moment, Kengo tells Hikari, "If I beat Satoshi in battle, I would like you to travel with me."
    Hikari gets flustered by this sudden request.

Source of this information is none other than 2ch.
    A person who posted this has cited TV Station Magazine as a source.
    It is likely that this information is not a fake for other posters in 2ch are saying it is real and fans in Japanese SatoHika fansite are also talking about the same article.
    Also, it is very possible that Ash and Brock won't know for the offer Kenny made Dawn so he will have no idea he is indirectly fighting for her to stay.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, well that looks a little better to Ash, ever so slightly to Kenny as well. I thought it would be Kenny randomly announcing to Ash that he wanted to battle for Dawn. I don't know why Dawn would want to agree to that, anyway.

Submitting to Kenny's d**k? Yeah I think that kills her character.

XD

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I still say its lame of Kenny to request Dawn to go with him in a battle.
    Just ask her you dork, let her make her own choice UGH! Still sounds like he's battling over Dawn. I think it will be like Misty Meets her Match in which Dawn decides to cheer Ash on and stay. Hopefully Kenny will take the hint LOL. I hope this episode allows us to know what the future is for Dawn. Here's hopping she stays *Crosses fingures*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back