• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • This can turn out good or bad. I'm jumping on the pessimism boat. *jumps*

This "special training" from Jasmine (bet she's in there because she's at Sunyshore City in the games, and not a hint that the group is going to Johto after this) may mean that Kenny have a chance of beating Ash.

I feel it's favoring Kenny over Ash. Ash is just gonna suck up to another loss, by Kenny this time (which is embarrassing compared to Paul's).

^^ Now what you said, since we've had a series of episodes in this generation that are repeats of older episodes, this might be the case again.

Perhaps Dawn will say no in the meantime, but after they break up to go their separate ways, they'll go together a la Drew and May? I still find this a forced relationship than anything though. May and Drew weren't like that. Kenny's forcing this. It doesn't make this ship a valid one.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    As I said in the episode thread, either Pearlshipping or Penguinshipping is going to get a holy shot to the head. Sad but true.

But we all know what's going to happen. Ash hasn't gone to the Pokemon League yet, and the writers can't just make a character leave mid-season. So I present Penguinshipping with...

The Official AdvancedK47 Golden Shipping Plaque of Death Certification (O.AK47-GSP-DC)

deathcertpenguin.png

Last edited:

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Ash and Dawn (I refuse to call it PearlShipping because Dawn's manga counterpart is not named Pearl) is popular, but what about their main Pokémon, Pikachu and Piplup? Yes, I know they wouldn't be able to breed even if they were opposite genders, but it would be good for at least a crack pairing. Remember Pikachu and Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree? Or Pikachu and... wait, Pikachu isn't in any major ships yet.

Pikachu and Sparky could be a possibility. Of course, Ritchie hasn't reappeared outside of Chronicles in a while.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    This can turn out good or bad. I'm jumping on the pessimism boat. *jumps*

This "special training" from Jasmine (bet she's in there because she's at Sunyshore City in the games, and not a hint that the group is going to Johto after this) may mean that Kenny have a chance of beating Ash.

I feel it's favoring Kenny over Ash. Ash is just gonna suck up to another loss, by Kenny this time (which is embarrassing compared to Paul's).

^^ Now what you said, since we've had a series of episodes in this generation that are repeats of older episodes, this might be the case again.

Perhaps Dawn will say no in the meantime, but after they break up to go their separate ways, they'll go together a la Drew and May? I still find this a forced relationship than anything though. May and Drew weren't like that. Kenny's forcing this. It doesn't make this ship a valid one.

Maybe this will just have Kenny learn he needs more work in the end.
    I still think Ash will win, I mean this is before the league for crying out loud. Now the ending depends on what happens, Dawn's choice after the league. Shey'll probaly say no in the mean-time, maybe Kenny can take a hint. I say either Pearlshipping or have Dawn travel with Zoey or stay alone. Cuz being forced into a relationship by Kenny is just not cool.
    Should be airing week after this weeks episode right? Can't wait for the preview.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Ash and Dawn (I refuse to call it PearlShipping because Dawn's manga counterpart is not named Pearl) is popular, but what about their main Pokémon, Pikachu and Piplup? Yes, I know they wouldn't be able to breed even if they were opposite genders, but it would be good for at least a crack pairing.

Unfortunately, if Ash and Dawn don't get together (I'm hoping they don't), then I would find it hard for a Pikachu and Piplup relationship to work. Although it'd be interesting to see if Pokemon relationships correlate with their owners' often. Wasn't there an episode recently like that where a guy liked a girl and their pokemon got together so it was hinted they would, too?

In terms of the ongoing discussion, hahaha nice award, AK. I was a Penguinshipper, but now I am much more of a Twinleafshipper, especially since Kenny's become such a not-ideal mate, you know? But, I'm more Penguin than Pearl, so if either has to die then I'm hoping it's Pearlshipping. I honestly don't think either will receive the "shot to the head."

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    ^ lol, I've noticed you like deleting your posts here

Urgh, if this happens...just...no. I agree with Pearlshipper, Ash can't lose to Kenny at this point in time. I'll actually be angry if Kenny wins this. Ash will win against Kenny so he see's that he's got to do more training, it would look just too bad for Ash if he loses to some random person who couldn't make it through the appeals round. But you never know with the way the writers are, completely no logic..urgh. I hope Kenny loses.

But we all know what's going to happen. Ash hasn't gone to the Pokemon League yet, and the writers can't just make a character leave mid-season.

The Official AdvancedK47 Golden Shipping Plaque of Death Certification (O.AK47-GSP-DC)

Yes, I agree

I have a feeling my signature's been forged. It seems oddly similar to my realism style portrait
    Spoiler:

Regardless, I'm saving this certificate into my Pokemon shipping folder...it's my first one relating to Penguinshipping.

In terms of the ongoing discussion, hahaha nice award, AK. I was a Penguinshipper, but now I am much more of a Twinleafshipper, especially since Kenny's become such a not-ideal mate, you know? But, I'm more Penguin than Pearl, so if either has to die then I'm hoping it's Pearlshipping. I honestly don't think either will receive the "shot to the head."

I now dislike both Pearlshipping and Penguinshipping, there is no lesser of two evils here D: I'd wish for Twinleafshipping, but there just seems to be zero hints for it D: Which is only slightly less hints than the other two, anyway...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Ash will win against Kenny so he see's that he's got to do more training, it would look just too bad for Ash if he loses to some random person who couldn't make it through the appeals round. But you never know with the way the writers are, completely no logic..urgh.

Kenny's not a random person anymore. His clothes and face may look random, but as a character it's not random. Now I think back to the Solaceon Ruins episode...what was that all about, then? Kenny being all comical and sh**, then he just turns into a jerk by not acting like a friend (recently)? Talk about a mood swing. And why isn't Barry mentioned? I mean the way Barry slung his arm over Kenny looked to me that Kenny accepted this (bromance, yum), but there's none of that at the Grand Festival, or with this upcoming battle against Ash. Maybe this time he will mention Barry...
    Spoiler:

I think I like it with Dawn not shipped with anyone (perhaps Zoey). Just like Ash shouldn't be shipped with anyone (except Pokemon/Pikachu).

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Pearlshippers are not evilXD
    Kenny is evil, evil I tells yah LOL.
    What kind of guy forces a girl to go with him in a battle?
    That's evil. At least Ash doesn't force girls to go with him.
    LOL I think its funny Kenny considered Ash more of a rival for Dawn's affections than Barry.

Last edited:

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • We got a slight PearlShipping hint in the Meowth episode.

detraw.jpg

When Meowth defeats Infernape, Togekiss, Seviper, trainers remark how Meowth's Fury Swipes is different than usual.

Dawn: Meowth is powered up by love!
    Ash: What do you mean?
    Dawn: It's okay Satoshi -.-

Lol, I don't know if she was making a reference to herself or Ash, but she seemed a bit annoyed by how Ash dense was. I mean, seriously.

Or good old Ash. :P

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Kenny's not a random person anymore. His clothes and face may look random, but as a character it's not random. Now I think back to the Solaceon Ruins episode...what was that all about, then? Kenny being all comical and sh**, then he just turns into a jerk by not acting like a friend (recently)? Talk about a mood swing. And why isn't Barry mentioned? I mean the way Barry slung his arm over Kenny looked to me that Kenny accepted this (bromance, yum), but there's none of that at the Grand Festival, or with this upcoming battle against Ash. Maybe this time he will mention Barry...
    Spoiler:

I think I like it with Dawn not shipped with anyone (perhaps Zoey). Just like Ash shouldn't be shipped with anyone (except Pokemon/Pikachu).

He's Dawn's rival and lost too early to make it seem even OK for him to win against Ash :( If it was Drew who battled Ash and won, that would be *alright* since he's actually good (and actually had a decent personality >_>), but not Kenny. For someone who hates yaoi or anything like that, you do seem to like bromance a lot. Don't get why Barry likes Kenny, anyway >_> He's more interested in Paul now that they've met, I expect.

Zoey shipped with Kenny so they kill each other with their dullness >_> I don't care if Zoey's a lesbian, they can go together

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • He's Dawn's rival and lost too early to make it seem even OK for him to win against Ash :( If it was Drew who battled Ash and won, that would be *alright* since he's actually good (and actually had a decent personality >_>), but not Kenny. For someone who hates yaoi or anything like that, you do seem to like bromance a lot. Don't get why Barry likes Kenny, anyway >_> He's more interested in Paul now that they've met, I expect.

Zoey shipped with Kenny so they kill each other with their dullness >_> I don't care if Zoey's a lesbian, they can go together

Oh yeah, I forgot Barry was obsessed with Paul! It was kind of like a tween in love with a Jonas for a while, really. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had posters of Paul all over his walls right next to his Lance Bass calendar. O_o I'm kind of glad that ended because I Twinleaf now...

I like your Zoey-Kenny plan. They can meet at an obnoxious-voice club.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    He's Dawn's rival and lost too early to make it seem even OK for him to win against Ash :(

So? Just because you're rival's a girl doesn't mean you enforce your "manliness" to overpower over her and drag her along with you. That's sexual harassment.

For someone who hates yaoi or anything like that, you do seem to like bromance a lot.

I like bromance with clothes on. End of story. -_-

Why, did the creators make a boy so unnaturally dense? Is that even possible in human nature? I can't believe they made it so...people are laughing this off, but I find it really irritating.

Last edited:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I like AshxPaul and AshxBarry if were talk bromance.
    We can pair BrockxKenny cuz there just so freakin sad and boring.
    Plus Brock understands Kenny's views on being a looser when it comes to girls. They fit perfectlyXD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    lol XD I don't think Kenny understands he's a loser...yet. XD Just have to wait until that battle for him to see...XD

Oh yeah, I forgot Barry was obsessed with Paul! It was kind of like a tween in love with a Jonas for a while, really. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had posters of Paul all over his walls right next to his Lance Bass calendar. O_o I'm kind of glad that ended because I Twinleaf now...

I like your Zoey-Kenny plan. They can meet at an obnoxious-voice club.

If he had posters, they'd have to be of photos he'd (secretly) took himself o.O Can't imagine Paul approving of merchandise of himself XD

I thought Kenny's voice was alright, but not Zoey's

So? Just because your rival's a girl doesn't mean you enforce your "manliness" to overpower over her and drag her along with you. That's sexual harassment.

o.O

I dunno, does it look more likely that Kenny loses, and Kenny's like, I suppose I wasn't good enough for you to come along with me, so the whole point is so Kenny knows he has to train more. Or Kenny wins and Dawn decides to stay with Ash, so the whole point in the battle is for a Pearlshipping hint. And that Ash has no chance at the league. >_> I prefer the first. I don't know what sort of excuse Dawn would give to not go along with Kenny (and she's not going to say anything about not supporting her at the grand festival, she didn't care >_>) or she could just say she wants to stay with Ash through the league...fff, I don't know, I have a feeling I'm not going to like whatever happens, anyway.

I like bromance with clothes on. End of story. -_-
    I wasn't thinking without clothes o.O

Why, did the creators make a boy so unnaturally dense? Is that even possible in human nature? I can't believe they made it so...people are laughing this off, but I find it really irritating.
    I think it's cute

Spoiler:

He has an adorable oblivious face

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Damn it, Ash reminds me of my childhood. Two girls were ****ing crazy over me and I never realized it until ****ing 7th grade! ****ed up man ;_; Girls don't know the pain guys get when we suddenly realize that, we are like SSSSHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIII---

Uhu. In other off-topic news, my first girlfriend broke up with me. I should probably be off to make another plaque, but my linux crashed and I had the original gimp template in there ;_; Gotta fix this like a geek then.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Damn it, Ash reminds me of my childhood. Two girls were ****ing crazy over me and I never realized it until ****ing 7th grade! ****ed up man ;_; Girls don't know the pain guys get when we suddenly realize that, we are like SSSSHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIII---

LOL. Actually, the same thing happened to me when I was in Year 8, and I didn't realise it until a few years later when my friends told me and I put all the pieces together...>_< Which was *really* annoyed because by that time I liked him, but he liked someone else...D: It was actually quite bad since he asked me out 3 or 4 times, but I had thought he was joking with me at the time...o.o

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    Can't imagine Paul approving of merchandise of himself XD

"Hi, I'm Paul, and I approve these posters."

I think it's cute

He has an adorable oblivious face

More a face I'd like to punch into.

I'm not arguing that boys are never like that. But I'd have more of a confused/deadpan/sweatdrop reaction, instead of that frowning, clueless look.

AdvancedK47 said:
    Uhu. In other off-topic news, my first girlfriend broke up with me.

Aww, tough luck. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back