• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon have you gotten attached to?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ivysaur is special to me. ♡( ◡‿◡ )

And obviously Sylveon captured my heart. But I think if I had to name any others, it would be Milotic and Volcarona.

Years
  • Edna the female Crobat. Can't remember which game, but I finally gave Zubat a chance and captured it. It was then that I realized just how much of a beast its final evo is. I've been a super fan since.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I miss my first ever Dragonite - got LeafGreen in the gap between Diamond and Platinum, transferred it to Diamond and had a lot of fun with it. Rebooted Diamond for a 4-hour round trip car journey to a shopping centre...where Platinum had just come out and my mum was feeling generous. Worst. timing. ever.

I generally find more attachment to weaker Pokémon I persevere with for an entire save - so a Munchlax and Buizel on a previous Platinum save. One of my weakest teams ever actually, but I bred the Munchlax for Curse (named him 'Huell' after the Breaking Bad character) and prevented Buizel from evolving because its cute, partnering it with Rotom using Rain Dance and a Damp Rock. Really high probability of failure but great fun sweeping E4, Barry with them. Likewise Castform (sucky stats but constant weather is fun) and Wynaut in separate Emerald saves, the latter is especially tough to use against the AI pre- physical / special split.

My first ever Feebas came in my last Emerald save a few years back - having owned it since debut - when I painstakingly fished spot by spot, then caught about 50 to get the right nature and some half-decent IVs, then completed the game, waited for Blend Master / Guru / whatever he's called to appear then got its Beauty up, evolved and EV-trained it. It was part of my first ever teams to defeat any battle facilities - Battle Dome in Emerald (my all-time favourite), then Battle Tower in HeartGold, all the way up to Gold Print in the latter, with Milotic repeatedly saving me when my frail sweepers were KO'd with its Toxic stall. Salamence from the same save beat Battle Hall for the first time, although I had to erase its bred Hydro Pump move (one of my first breeds since a PC member stole all my Pokémon back when I only had 1 console) for Fire Blast to get past Shedinja, so also counts among my favourites.

Generally any firsts are favourites - first EV-trained, first egg move bred, first IV-bred, first shiny etc. For my most recent Platinum save I eventually bred 9 Pokémon with 31 IVs in relevant stats, solid overall IVs, egg moves, EV-trained them using the Little Cup method then carried through the save with them. But my favourite is Gallade, enemy of the roaming Pokémon - he's a real quality of life improver!

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    My favorite Pokemon ever since the original red and blue came out has been Primeape. Its always pissed off. The bulging vein was always its own. Its a fighting type that doesnt really have any martial arts, its more of a brawler. Ill never forgive Ash for giving away primeape to some guy who clearly had an obssession with winning this tournament and when he saw a better pokemon, he was like hey kid trust me.

I dont even think its stats are terrible. Its a glass canon much like persian, infernape, and mienshao. 105 isnt terrible attack and 95 speed is good. I have learned to make the most use out of it. Every game since, if I cant take a mankey with me through the game i just havent enjoyed it the same. Such as gen 3 and 5.

I have always taken primeape into OU tiers and been successful with it. I pretty much make teams revolving around it. Something to set up stealth rocks and lots of other hazards since primeape benefits as well as a way to remove them because primeapes poor defenses doesnt want to waste anymore HP then it needs to. Heck during gen 4 I took it into ubers because of darkrai/dark void/dream eater/dark pulse move set that had people gritting their teeth. What better way to kill it then something with vital spirit and stab close combat? It always killed darkrai in one shot. Vital spirit has always been insanely useful. Breloom spore/focus punch was made useless.

Ice punch was one of its most useful moves letting it kill nearly every dragon which was also flying or ground. This became less useful when garchomp got rough skin and dragonite got multiscale.

Rock slide has always been good if it hits, being good for putting down talonflame and mega charizard y, while using a focus sash.

Sure, its not as good as alot of Pokemon but as a die hard fan, possibly obssesed? I shall continue to use the angry pig monkey.

agravedigger

Fossil Maniac
    Years
  • I didn't ever particularly like Seismitoad. the line is cute up to palpitoad and then it's meh. made it even worse when my purrloin in Black nuzlocke was killed by a tympole and I had to catch it too. fast forward to N's Castle, my team was destroyed by the E4. PC half empty, many multiples of the same types.. I took that tympole, Petyr, out. my guy's poison touch afflicted hydreigon. he survived several STABs from it by using drain punch. he murdered the murderer. uno reverse.

Years
  • Did not think I would say this, but recently I got a bit attached to Magnezone - a mon I never cared much for at first. It is so good in BDSP and really saved me through so many situations. Now I want to fix up its nature/EVs/IVs and actually keep it around as a Pokémon I use more regularly post-game!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I don't think there's any Pokemon I'm overly attached, but I guess I did get a bit more attached to Delibird after I did a solo with in Gen 2 and it was ... surprisingly OK actually.

Lanturn did become a solid bro in my heart too after using in a few electric monotypes too. Corsola was actually surprisingly useful too.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • Politoed because frog, and it's a super cute Pokemon. I was beyond hype when it was introduced, been a mainstay in my teams whenever possible ever since.

And also Pumpkaboo. I love Halloween and I remember catching a LOT of Pumpkaboos one year hoping one would be a shiny. They're adorable!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Though I try to only use Shinies I've gotten at full odds these days, I'm particularly fond of Noko (Dunsparce), Endymion (Glaceon), and Jasper (Persian). I believe these were also the Pokémon I used in my ORAS secret base before I transferred everything and restarted.

Noko was the first Shiny I ever chained, and before I really knew how to chain properly, that just happened to have the perfect nature-ability combo. I used him for my first playthrough of HeartGold, teaching him Headbutt to maximize his para-flinching abilities, and considered him my mascot for years.

Endymion was one of my first MM'd Shinies, my first purposely bred IIRC, and it only took 8 eggs! I'd actually disliked Glaceon since it was revealed, with its awkward "headdress" and ugly mint coloring, but I decided to evolve my Shiny Eevee into it anyway since I ran a mono-Ice team at the time and, becoming my MVP in Black 2, I came to love it.

Not much of a story behind Jasper, he was just my first Shiny hatched without MMing (though it was post-Shiny Charm). And cats!

I also enjoy some of my full-odds Shinies, but I feel that it's more for their aesthetic and the bragging rights than legitimate attachment. Tael (Mothim) and Chipotle (Flareon) might be the only exceptions. And maybe Seaglass (Corsola).

Last edited:
    Back