• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We rule the world - Legendary pokemon Fan Club

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Welcome to the club! Articuno isn't typically one I see picked as a favourite from the first gen legendaries, so I find that pretty interesting. Care to elaborate on why you like Articuno? :o Personally, my favourite of the three birds is Zapdos, purely because it's the one I've used the most, and as a result have ended up loving, but I definitely like Articuno's design the most. Probably the most elegant of the three :D

I Also like him by elegeant. And by fact. That I allways going with him into Indigo Plateau to beat Elite Four... In any new game of Pokemon Red. <I played often colourization by Skeetendo> Articuno also take main role in my fire red Teams.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
You say how you weren't very impressed with the 4th gen's selection of legendaries, but you only mentioned 4. One thing I always kind of disliked about the fourth generation, was the large amount of legendaries it introduced. I felt like the third generation has a pretty good balance, but the 4th generation introduced 14 new legendaries, and I felt like that was just a bit overboard.

I gotta say, that the fourth generation got some different thoughts. I'm in the middle. I thought some of them were really nice, but some of them weren't. At the end of the day, they were all made for something, and Nintendo used them well in the movies and games. I was about time to bring a god pokemon. XD

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I Also like him by elegeant. And by fact. That I allways going with him into Indigo Plateau to beat Elite Four... In any new game of Pokemon Red. <I played often colourization by Skeetendo> Articuno also take main role in my fire red Teams.
I had to look up what Skeetendo is. I'm guessing by any new game of Pokemon Red you mean ROM hacks? Basically altered versions of the game. That's unrelated though, good to know we both agree on Articuno being elegant though :D What are your thoughts on the other legendary birds though? Do you like them as well, or is it just Articuno? :o

I gotta say, that the fourth generation got some different thoughts. I'm in the middle. I thought some of them were really nice, but some of them weren't. At the end of the day, they were all made for something, and Nintendo used them well in the movies and games. I was about time to bring a god pokemon. XD
That's true! Generation 4 really stepped it up when it came to the lore surrounding the Pokemon. I really liked how most of the legendaries played into the whole story about the creation of the Pokemon world (or was it just Sinnoh? I've never really been sure). Meanwhile we have some kind of rivalry going on between Cresselia and Darkrai, and then Heatran, Phione, Manaphy and Shaymin just being a bit out of place. But in any case, the backstory surrounding the lake trio, the creation trio and Arceus was always really intriguing to me, and I feel like they played it well in the anime as well.

I can't say I quite agree with you on the Pokemon god part though. I never really liked that move by Gamefreak. I feel like it might have been inevitable and that it would come at one point or another, but I feel like the fourth generation was really early to bring it into play, when there was no sign of the franchise ending soon. I always felt like it really killed the hype surrounding possible concepts of new legendaries, and that it kinda removed the WOW-factor about the concepts, because how do you top a god Pokemon? Of course we can still be intrigued by the designs, but concept-wise, I don't see them really surpassing Arceus in any way D: But to each their own, I definitely think the concept is cool, and that's not something I'd complain about, I just think it was way too early :D

I kinda speculate it to have been a move to shut up creationists though. Pokemon used to receive a lot of hate from creationists, claiming that it was trying to brainwash people into believing in evolution instead, so the idea of a god Pokemon creating everything might make those accusations stop, and I haven't heard about it since, so I guess it helped :D Even if that wasn't the reason, it still helped them in that regard haha

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
That's true! Generation 4 really stepped it up when it came to the lore surrounding the Pokemon. I really liked how most of the legendaries played into the whole story about the creation of the Pokemon world (or was it just Sinnoh? I've never really been sure).

If you think of legendaries in the pokeverse as we think of gods in the real world, then all legendaries have played a part in shaping the world whether significant or not. Some gods like Dialga and Palkia have created important ideas like time and space whilst other legendaries only use their power for themselves. I think Gen 4 stands out the most due to the number of legendaries being introduced though. Overall it was a huge generation for legendaries though I can't say I agree with them chucking out all those legendaries in one go. Maybe it'd of been better to spread them out between Gen IV and V?

I dunno, do you guys feel like they should of just left some of the legendaries out? I kinda see Phione as unnecessary but if Gamefreak felt like it was needed they could of just introduced it later. Same thing goes for Shaymin and maybe some others. Otherwise I'm happy with how much we learn in this gen, legendary-wise.

Anyway I actually really like most of the fourth gen legendaries! Call it biased since they were the first legendaries I learnt about but I remember thinking that Giratina was a must have on any team. And I was so excited about having one that I went up to the rest of the kids who played pokemon in my grade going 'I got Giratina! I got Giratina!'. Turns out that they all already had one. Awkward but hey at least I had one too! :D

As for my favourites I think I like the Creation and Lake Guardians the most. They make up most, if not all of Team Galactic's role in D/P/Pt. I think as a whole that made the games a whole lot more interesting with the idea of the leader wanting to end the universe as opposed to ruling it. It was kinda cool also trying to stop them capturing the lake guardians / jumping into the Distortion World to confront Cyrus.

Oh and since we're on the topic of fourth gen legendaries - how did you guys feel about the Rotom family? Though not classified as legendaries, I feel like it could of been made into one had it been introduced later in the game. Yeah we have way too many already but I felt like it had potential there with its multiple forms. Thoughts?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
If you think of legendaries in the pokeverse as we think of gods in the real world, then all legendaries have played a part in shaping the world whether significant or not. Some gods like Dialga and Palkia have created important ideas like time and space whilst other legendaries only use their power for themselves. I think Gen 4 stands out the most due to the number of legendaries being introduced though. Overall it was a huge generation for legendaries though I can't say I agree with them chucking out all those legendaries in one go. Maybe it'd of been better to spread them out between Gen IV and V?

I dunno, do you guys feel like they should of just left some of the legendaries out? I kinda see Phione as unnecessary but if Gamefreak felt like it was needed they could of just introduced it later. Same thing goes for Shaymin and maybe some others. Otherwise I'm happy with how much we learn in this gen, legendary-wise.

Anyway I actually really like most of the fourth gen legendaries! Call it biased since they were the first legendaries I learnt about but I remember thinking that Giratina was a must have on any team. And I was so excited about having one that I went up to the rest of the kids who played pokemon in my grade going 'I got Giratina! I got Giratina!'. Turns out that they all already had one. Awkward but hey at least I had one too! :D

As for my favourites I think I like the Creation and Lake Guardians the most. They make up most, if not all of Team Galactic's role in D/P/Pt. I think as a whole that made the games a whole lot more interesting with the idea of the leader wanting to end the universe as opposed to ruling it. It was kinda cool also trying to stop them capturing the lake guardians / jumping into the Distortion World to confront Cyrus.

Oh and since we're on the topic of fourth gen legendaries - how did you guys feel about the Rotom family? Though not classified as legendaries, I feel like it could of been made into one had it been introduced later in the game. Yeah we have way too many already but I felt like it had potential there with its multiple forms. Thoughts?

I feel like that Gen 4 gave Pokemon a way deeper meaning. Before Gen 4, nothing seemed connected to each other. I just felt that Gen 4 answered many questions about the Pokemon world, along with giving more questions. Plus, I felt Team Galactic had a really big influence, unlike other gens. I just fely Gen 4 is the deeper meaning of pokemon.

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2015
You say how you weren't very impressed with the 4th gen's selection of legendaries, but you only mentioned 4. One thing I always kind of disliked about the fourth generation, was the large amount of legendaries it introduced. I felt like the third generation has a pretty good balance, but the 4th generation introduced 14 new legendaries, and I felt like that was just a bit overboard. I know 5 of them were event exclusives, but it's still quite a lot. But yeah, I'd love to hear your thoughts on some of the other fourth generation legendaries :o

Well, I played through the whole game and did little dabbling afterwards with Diamond. Now that you say it, I did forget so many legendaries in that Gen. Whoopsie. Well, I talked about the legendaries you had to meet along the main story line (maybe the lake spirits weren't, I dunno. They were easy to find in any case). I did completely forget about Arceus and Regigas and others. Though they weren't mentioned a lot in the main story line (well, maybe with the exception of Arceus...) Looking back, I am starting to take back my call of bad selection and blame it on the access to those legendaries (That's right Red, put yourself deeper into a hole). I'm basing this off my own personal experience so don't hate TOO hard.

Hmmm... I am currently looking up all the legendaries in that Gen and I had NO idea Shaymin was in that Gen :o The others I haven't heard of was also Heatran (Really is a stupid idea for a legendary, Groudon pretty much trumps him in the background story), Phione, Cresselia nor Girantia through the game play of Diamond... I really do need to start reading up on my lore XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
hm, i suppose i should start by listing a bit. favourite, then strongest.

GEN1: Moltres, and Mewtwo - especially now with its Mega Evolutions.
GEN2: Ho-Oh, and strongest... Lugia, i suppose.
GEN3: Deoxys and Mega Rayquazaaa
GEN4: Arceus x2
GEN5: Genesect, and strongest... would be the fusion of the Tao Trio, but yeah (。 >艸<)
GEN6: Xerneas, but i'm not sure if it'd also be the strongest. Yveltal seems more likely to 'win in a fight' due to its destructive power.

to briefly tie into the current discussion surrounding Gen 4, i definitely think it had too many Legendaries... some of which i definitely think were not necessary. Heatran, for one, but also Regigigas, and perhaps Phione. then again if you think about it, Gen 5 also had a lot, in fact only one less than Gen 4 did, which i also thought was overkill. ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Olli

Years
Looking back, I am starting to take back my call of bad selection and blame it on the access to those legendaries (That's right Red, put yourself deeper into a hole). I'm basing this off my own personal experience so don't hate TOO hard.
No, I think this is definitely a valid reason, personal experiences are what shape my opinions the most :o I definitely agree that a lot of the legendaries became less accessible, mainly due to so many of them being event Pokemon. I mean, to date, the fourth generation is the one with the most event exclusive legendaries, including Shaymin, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai and Arceus. Generation 5 was also kinda bad with its 4 legendaries. I understand why they did start to include more event exclusives, since, with the access to wifi, you could now simply download them instead of having to send your game somewhere when an event was held in your country/area. But still, 5 event legendaries is a lot, and it just adds a lot to the feeling of the generation having too many legendaries.[/quote]

GEN1: Moltres
GEN3: Deoxys
These two I'm interested in hearing more about :o It's not that they're odd picks for favourite, I would just love to know why. Moltres I'm mainly interested in because my own favourite has always been Zapdos, and I just love to hear why people prefer the others :D Deoxys is more because it isn't really the typical generation 3 favourite, but it has a really cool feature with the form changes, so I see lots of reasons to like it :D

Hmmm... I am currently looking up all the legendaries in that Gen and I had NO idea Shaymin was in that Gen :o The others I haven't heard of was also Heatran (Really is a stupid idea for a legendary, Groudon pretty much trumps him in the background story), Phione, Cresselia nor Girantia through the game play of Diamond... I really do need to start reading up on my lore XD

to briefly tie into the current discussion surrounding Gen 4, i definitely think it had too many Legendaries... some of which i definitely think were not necessary. Heatran, for one, but also Regigigas, and perhaps Phione. then again if you think about it, Gen 5 also had a lot, in fact only one less than Gen 4 did, which i also thought was overkill. ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ
I see I'm not the only one who's always found Heatran pointless. I think the main reason is, that it's one of the only Pokemon without any lore tie-ins to the world creation, that is obtainable without an event in the fourth generation games. Because personally I find Pokemon like Shaymin, Phione and Manaphy even more pointless, and it's not just because they're cute legendaries. They honestly just feel like ones that were thrown in just for the sake of having cute legendaries, but they don't really have anything to add story-wise, which there was such a heavy emphasis on in the fourth generation. I wouldn't really have minded it if there weren't so many legendaries in that genreation. i like the Pokemon, but I just don't feel like there was much point to adding them haha :D

And なぎ's right that the fifth generation was just as bad, but I'm just less familiar with that generation, so I haven't focused too much on it. But from what it seems, most of the legendaries included in that generation at least fit in with each other or with other previous legendaries. The Tao Trio is obviously related to the story, and tie in together with each other, the swords of justice along with Keldeo seem to have the purpose of protecting the Unova region, the kami trio obviously tie in with each other (god there are so many trios in this generation, that's probably why :D), and Genesect kind of has a backstory relation to Mewtwo, both being artificially created Pokemon. The only ones I feel fall into the same category as Heatran and the cute legendaries from the 4th generation, are Victini and Meloetta, coincidentally also cute Pokemon. So yeah, it seems more like each generation they just want to introduce some kind of cute Pokemon, but don't know how to tie them together with other legendaries D:

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2015
I see I'm not the only one who's always found Heatran pointless. I think the main reason is, that it's one of the only Pokemon without any lore tie-ins to the world creation, that is obtainable without an event in the fourth generation games. Because personally I find Pokemon like Shaymin, Phione and Manaphy even more pointless, and it's not just because they're cute legendaries. They honestly just feel like ones that were thrown in just for the sake of having cute legendaries, but they don't really have anything to add story-wise, which there was such a heavy emphasis on in the fourth generation. I wouldn't really have minded it if there weren't so many legendaries in that genreation. i like the Pokemon, but I just don't feel like there was much point to adding them haha :D

And なぎ's right that the fifth generation was just as bad, but I'm just less familiar with that generation, so I haven't focused too much on it. But from what it seems, most of the legendaries included in that generation at least fit in with each other or with other previous legendaries. The Tao Trio is obviously related to the story, and tie in together with each other, the swords of justice along with Keldeo seem to have the purpose of protecting the Unova region, the kami trio obviously tie in with each other (god there are so many trios in this generation, that's probably why :D), and Genesect kind of has a backstory relation to Mewtwo, both being artificially created Pokemon. The only ones I feel fall into the same category as Heatran and the cute legendaries from the 4th generation, are Victini and Meloetta, coincidentally also cute Pokemon. So yeah, it seems more like each generation they just want to introduce some kind of cute Pokemon, but don't know how to tie them together with other legendaries D:

Hmmmm... Understand that Legendaries are suppose to be one of a kind Pokemon (as in, you cannot have more than 1 at any given time, even if they wander all the regions like lost children). The incorporation of the seemingly useless cute legendaries... Well that has me stumped. Celebi is technically a cute Pokemon and she is a guardian of nature. You can see that idea recurring in most of them (Shaymin being able to cure the earth and plants with one fell swoop, Manaphy being the wandering guardian of the sea, etc.). Maybe they aren't so much the creators as the managers? In either case, the cuteness causes you to wanna have them, which leads me to a topic I found interesting.

Would it be morally and culturally acceptable to capture these important Legendaries?

Break it down, should you be allowed in the game to capture, oh to put it in perspective, Moltras and Zapdos and Articuno just because you have a spare Ultra/Master ball? (If any of you get the movie reference, I applaud you)

Olli

Years
Can you please explain the question in a better way. I didn't get it.
I think he means like, since legendary Pokemon have such a big influence on how the world functions, since some have been part in shaping the world and keeping balance in the world and the likes, would it be morally correct to capture them, keeping them from fulfilling their purposes. Like capturing Dialga or Palkia could cause some kind of disruption in time and space, or capturing the Kami trio could cause the weather to go crazy and the likes. If you've watched the second Pokemon movie, where the three legendary birds were captured, and it had disastrous effects, pretty much akin to that.

Personally, I'm honestly just confused to how people even have the ability to capture these Pokemon. Realistically, they should be way too powerful for anyone to capture them. I definitely think it's morally wrong to capture them though, especially the ones who are crucial to keeping the world in balance. I don't mind befriending them, like we've seen in a bunch of movies, but actually capturing them would keep them from doing what they have to do. Also, considering how many shrines and other symbols of worship several legendaries have received, I don't believe most people would be too happy with the idea of people capturing them either.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I think that he told about Capturing Creation Trio and even Yveltal, Xerneas and Arceus. SInce this legendaries have very important role on the world... Time, Space, God, Life and Death shouldyn't was been in the human Control.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Idk why Heatran exists, but its pretty useful in competitive battles.

It is kinda weird how some of these legendaries can be captured by humans. Particularly Arceus and the Creation Trio. How is it possible for the god of Pokemon to be captured by and obey a human child? Can the legendaries still fulfill their duties while in a PokeBall? Cuz if they can't the universe could just fall apart and it would probably be best to not catch them. Lugia is said to have such great power that a slight movement of it's wings can cause a typhoon for days, which is part of the reason why it lives deep underwater or deep within the Whirl Islands. But if captured, wouldn't that be a problem every time the trainer brings it out in battle? Hoenn's Weather Trio would also be a bad case, since when Groudon or Kyogre is awake they cause intense droughts or rain, so a trainer carrying them around would bring terrible weather changes wherever they went.

The ones that aren't directly tied to nature or the universe probably wouldn't be bad to catch, since the don't perform some vital function to the stability of the world. But most legendaries are very powerful, so would it be a good idea to let one or a few people have that much power? The original Tao Dragon didn't have a function needed to keep the world intact or have an effect on nature, but it was strong enough to, by itself, defeat all the tribal armies of Unova 2500 years ago. Zekrom and Reshiram, while only half of that dragon's power, are still very strong themselves. If it wasn't for the player getting one of the dragons in Black/White, Team Plasma could've easily took over Unova.

So I think that realistically it's probably not possible to capture most legendaries, and it's probably not the best idea for them to be captured because of potential power abuse. But in the games it seems that any adverse effects their capture would have are ignored, and the player character never seems to want to take over the world or commit genocide or anything.

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
In other Side... Let's look at the Two Legends... Hoopa nad Zygarde. Zygarde for me is preparing to kill humans... Why? My theory is based on RAGNAROK. Nordic Doom Day... Zygarde Resamblance so much to the Midgard Snake. Which is main will to kill Humans... It's dex also said about REVEAL OF SECRET POWER... I think that Pokemon Z or Pokemon Y2/X2 main plot was based on Zygarde who want destroy humanity in day based on Ragnarok... <Thor of PokeWorld is going to be Hero/Heroine>

Hoopa in other case showing corruptions of human wills.... As it was mentioned as RING ARCHJINN... Jinn was made for make any whish as true... Hoopa and Prison Bootle showing that in full case... But why Wishes Corruption was seen there? If really Hoopa can make wishes... Evil Organisation who's capture them can dominate world in few secounds... Mischief Pokemon Hoopa don't care about any whishes and make an Havoc based on great Battle between all Legends.

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2015
I think he means like, since legendary Pokemon have such a big influence on how the world functions, since some have been part in shaping the world and keeping balance in the world and the likes, would it be morally correct to capture them, keeping them from fulfilling their purposes. Like capturing Dialga or Palkia could cause some kind of disruption in time and space, or capturing the Kami trio could cause the weather to go crazy and the likes. If you've watched the second Pokemon movie, where the three legendary birds were captured, and it had disastrous effects, pretty much akin to that.

That's exactly what I'm getting at ^^

Personally, I'm honestly just confused to how people even have the ability to capture these Pokemon. Realistically, they should be way too powerful for anyone to capture them. I definitely think it's morally wrong to capture them though, especially the ones who are crucial to keeping the world in balance. I don't mind befriending them, like we've seen in a bunch of movies, but actually capturing them would keep them from doing what they have to do. Also, considering how many shrines and other symbols of worship several legendaries have received, I don't believe most people would be too happy with the idea of people capturing them either.

It's also funny how every single legendary is at level 50 when you get them. Even if they were there from the beginning of time and has been kicking around with power over time or space... If a 16 year old can take them down with nothing but an Ultra ball and a level 100 Pokemon that's been in existance for only a blink of an eye to the legendary at question... That's kinda sad. Nintendo logic.

I wouldn't know...

It is kinda weird how some of these legendaries can be captured by humans. Particularly Arceus and the Creation Trio. How is it possible for the god of Pokemon to be captured by and obey a human child? Can the legendaries still fulfill their duties while in a PokeBall? Cuz if they can't the universe could just fall apart and it would probably be best to not catch them. Lugia is said to have such great power that a slight movement of it's wings can cause a typhoon for days, which is part of the reason why it lives deep underwater or deep within the Whirl Islands. But if captured, wouldn't that be a problem every time the trainer brings it out in battle? Hoenn's Weather Trio would also be a bad case, since when Groudon or Kyogre is awake they cause intense droughts or rain, so a trainer carrying them around would bring terrible weather changes wherever they went.

The ones that aren't directly tied to nature or the universe probably wouldn't be bad to catch, since the don't perform some vital function to the stability of the world. But most legendaries are very powerful, so would it be a good idea to let one or a few people have that much power? The original Tao Dragon didn't have a function needed to keep the world intact or have an effect on nature, but it was strong enough to, by itself, defeat all the tribal armies of Unova 2500 years ago. Zekrom and Reshiram, while only half of that dragon's power, are still very strong themselves. If it wasn't for the player getting one of the dragons in Black/White, Team Plasma could've easily took over Unova.

So I think that realistically it's probably not possible to capture most legendaries, and it's probably not the best idea for them to be captured because of potential power abuse. But in the games it seems that any adverse effects their capture would have are ignored, and the player character never seems to want to take over the world or commit genocide or anything.

That's a good point. A Master ball would hold more bargaining power than a nuke for us... That is a scary thought.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years

I even tried to understand why Heatran existed. I watched the movie, and pretty much everything related to it, but no results. Maybe, just maybe this created because they need competitive battlers in the game. That may be the only possible reason imo.

Olli

Years
In other Side... Let's look at the Two Legends... Hoopa nad Zygarde. Zygarde for me is preparing to kill humans... Why? My theory is based on RAGNAROK. Nordic Doom Day... Zygarde Resamblance so much to the Midgard Snake. Which is main will to kill Humans... It's dex also said about REVEAL OF SECRET POWER... I think that Pokemon Z or Pokemon Y2/X2 main plot was based on Zygarde who want destroy humanity in day based on Ragnarok... <Thor of PokeWorld is going to be Hero/Heroine>
This is an interesting theory, and it would've honestly also made sense with the concept of the designs of the three main legendaries of X&Y, but from what I understand, the correlation to Norse mythology lies entirely in the design, and doesn't have much to do with their backstories. I mean, Yveltal already pretty much carries the title of doombringer, so I can't see why Zygarde would really be in the same boat. Also, the pokedex entries for Zygarde state that it protects the ecosystem of Kalos, and keeps watch over the ones who harm it from the cave, so I don't think it would look to cause any destruction, unless it was to kill all humans just to keep the ecosystem safe, which I feel may be just a tad bit extreme :p Still, interesting theory!

I can't comment much on Hoopa though, as I don't really know much about it.

-lots of text-
I think this pretty much sums up most of the issues that would come with catching legendary Pokemon. There isn't much reason to why a trainer, let alone a small child, should be able to capture the legendary Pokemon with control over nature and the universe, and it would be way too dangerous to allow them to have control over that. And the ones who are simply just powerful shouldn't exactly be captureable either. But it all just comes down to how it would affect the gameplay if you weren't able to catch the legendaries. I don't think anyone would really enjoy a game that was just like "nope, 2 powerful to catch", so I can't say I mind having issues with the logic behind catching some of those Pokemon. Heck, even judging by the Pokedex entries of a lot of normal Pokemon, they shouldn't even be safe to have at your disposal haha

It's also funny how every single legendary is at level 50 when you get them. Even if they were there from the beginning of time and has been kicking around with power over time or space... If a 16 year old can take them down with nothing but an Ultra ball and a level 100 Pokemon that's been in existance for only a blink of an eye to the legendary at question... That's kinda sad. Nintendo logic.
I don't think there should be too much focus on levels, since that's just a gameplay element. If every legendary was encountered at the level cap, it would take quite a while for some of the games to progress :p And it's not every legendary that's encountered at 50 :o Some are encountered at lower levels I believe, Mewtwo was encountered at 70 and Arceus at 80. But if you're purely judging by the games, then yeah, it's kinda odd that a trainer that's only lived for 10 years can train a Pokemon to be stronger than even the one who created the universe over the span of a few days, and defeat capture said Pokemon. That definitely isn't liogical haha.

I even tried to understand why Heatran existed. I watched the movie, and pretty much everything related to it, but no results. Maybe, just maybe this created because they need competitive battlers in the game. That may be the only possible reason imo.
Like I said, I feel like a lot of legendaries in the fourth gen was just excess legendaries, made for the sake of having more, and that's why there isn't much point to Heatran. I mean the legendary beasts don't really have much point either, they were just dead Pokemon revived by Ho-oh and suddenly they became legendaries who spend their days roaming around the region. I know they received more of a purpose following the anime, but purely judging by their lore, there shouldn't really be too much to them.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Like I said, I feel like a lot of legendaries in the fourth gen was just excess legendaries, made for the sake of having more, and that's why there isn't much point to Heatran. I mean the legendary beasts don't really have much point either, they were just dead Pokemon revived by Ho-oh and suddenly they became legendaries who spend their days roaming around the region. I know they received more of a purpose following the anime, but purely judging by their lore, there shouldn't really be too much to them.

I don't feel like that's true. The only legendaries that were that were really worth anything was Phione, Heatran and Shaymin. All the others were reasonable enough to me.

Olli

Years
I don't feel like that's true. The only legendaries that were that were really worth anything was Phione, Heatran and Shaymin. All the others were reasonable enough to me.
I also consider Manaphy to be one of the more pointless legendaries, and while 4 may not be too many considering the amount that was introduced in generation 4 and 5, if you compare it to the 1st and 2nd generation, it's almost as many legendaries as were introduced in those generations, and all things considered, I find that to be s lot :p But again, 3 of those legendaries were event legendaries, so I think it can be excused. But if you don't think 4 are too many, or if you don't think Manaphy is pointless, then that's completely understandable! :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
These two I'm interested in hearing more about :o It's not that they're odd picks for favourite, I would just love to know why. Moltres I'm mainly interested in because my own favourite has always been Zapdos, and I just love to hear why people prefer the others :D Deoxys is more because it isn't really the typical generation 3 favourite, but it has a really cool feature with the form changes, so I see lots of reasons to like it :D

just quickly replying to this since i noticed i still hadn't?! ahem.
to be honest, Moltres is not one of my favourite Pokémon in itself, but i suppose it is my favourite out of the Gen 1 Legendaries. especially cause it reminds me of a Phoenix, which i love - which is also why i picked Ho-Oh for Gen 2, haha. and because i just love the way Moltres' flames wave out as it flies.
Deoxys IS one of my favourite Pokémon though - i love everything about it! i'm into astronomy a bit, so its backstory in being from outer space and it being related to the creation of auroras i think is great. also it being visibly based on (viral) DNA, and how that ties in with it being able to change forms by changing said DNA, and have you seen how awesome every single form looks?! ah, Deoxys is the greatest. c:

as for the topic...
i obviously agree that Legendary Pokémon should not be captured if that keeps them from performing their duty as guardian of the world - like was mentioned before, it would be far too powerful for such a Pokémon to fall in a single person's hands. of course, this also normally wouldn't be possible for a regular person - just see how much effort entire organizations (aka Evil Teams) put into acquiring just a single one of these legendaries.
from a gamer perspective, however, it is entirely necessary for every Pokémon to be catchable. in a game whose motto is 'Gotta Catch 'em All', in which you get sent out with a mission to complete the Pokédex by capturing every Pokémon there is, naturally the ultimate end goal would be to catch that amazing Pokémon on the box cover! i'd be outraged if that wasn't possible (ノ>▽<。)ノ it is the nature of protagonists that they do extraordinary things, if you ask me. or they wouldn't have been the protagonist!

Back