• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Rip let's go.

Prelawpikachu

Item # 173, "The Sculpture"
Years
  • I can't belive this isn't a page yet.
    With sword and shield, bdsp, and even Legends ARKOOS, this big fat chunk of cute has fallen into obscurity, not getting ANY major updates. And yes, I know it's a remake, but still. Too old too talk about,
    And yet still so new, I really miss my good old partner eevee and pika.
    this is the funeral of this amazing game.
    Well at least grunty Boi still cares.

Years
  • It's about 3 years old by now. Sword & Shield are newer and aren't getting any new content anymore either.

I'd be surprised if they don't do a Let's Go Johto at some point though. LGPE sold pretty well iirc.

Prelawpikachu

Item # 173, "The Sculpture"
    Years
  • It's about 3 years old by now. Sword & Shield are newer and aren't getting any new content anymore either.

I'd be surprised if they don't do a Let's Go Johto at some point though. LGPE sold pretty well iirc.

well let's go NEVER got any new content.
    and yes, let's go johto whould be sick.
    it was made to appeal to the go audience, and that audience is still pretty big, eh?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Tbf Sword/Shield is the first Pokemon game that has DLC at all.
    Before that it was just third versions or sequels, which imo are unlikely for a game that's in a region that's already been done multiple times.

I think a Let's Go Johto would do well yeah.

Years
  • well, it's a game that was supposed to die earlier than other games, just like BD/SP. Those games have nothing new at all and have limited pokemon and basically the same story as the original ones. I think sword and shield can't be called old or dead because they got DLC last year ad because competitive and actually good online functions are still there, along with dynamax raids. The target of LGPE was to get the attention of old players that quit pokemon much time ago and to the pokemon go players. it worked, but it also ended pretty fast imo. I feel like LGPE is older than 3 years for some extent, because it's just a newer edition of an older game, but not a "real remake" like the others we had in past. for example, imo hg/ss are still super valid games nowadays.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Sw/sh haven't gotten more dlc either, though. Most Pokemon games don't get (major) updates after they've been out a year. LGPE were never meant to be big ticket games, anyway, but they're not dead dead, you can still buy new copies, iirc. They won't be dead until they're no longer being sold.

Years
  • I sold my Let's Go Pikachu because I fell out of the Pokemon fandom. To me, it was a disappointing game with no replay value. Especially since according to my Pokemon Home account, I caught every Pokemon in the Kanto Region minus Mew. :(

RIP LGPE Rest in spaghetti.

EDIT: For the record, I do still enjoy the 3DS games as well as the occasional Max Lair in the Crown Tundra Sword.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I was never into the Go mechanics so I never bothered looking into the games. Doesn't help that it's just another remake of a game that had already had a remake many years ago. I'm not opposed to Kanto but if I got the option I'd rather play the original gen 1 games.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I watched a few playthoughs, personally, it felt like the Go mechanics really tore away from the formulae I was used to. Plus, going through kanto again really sounded too tedious.

Years
  • I'm not massively into the GO-style mechanics either, but still really enjoyed the game - it's super cute! Honestly wanted to buy the Eevee version to play it too (I have Pikachu) but stopped myself. Not surprised they're not getting updates since they're old and most main series Pokémon games release as finished products.. but honestly, I do hope we see a Let's Go Johto sometime. I'd love to see the region in that style.

Major Agnostic

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Yeah, the mechanics are for noobs and all, but I don't mind that too much, I get that they wanted to get Pokemon GO fans eased into the series or wtv. My main gripe is that they didn't do much to the postgame or environments (other than making them 3D). They should've added new sections to the routes and really opened them up, make them feel almost like new locations. It's the second Kanto remake, not counting the Johto games, so you'd think they could flesh it out lol. Also would've loved to have more Team Rocket lore.

Back