• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mozilla vs Chrome: Which One Is The Best

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
  • personally, i use firefox because it seems more smooth, fast and easy for me to use. i did go through a time where i used chrome constantly on the old pc we had, but then after we switched to laptops i realized firefox worked better, for me at least. plus i find firefox has more tools and stuff than chrome. i've been using firefox for probably 4 or 5 years and i've never had any serious issues with it. it's certainly better than.. *shudder* microsoft edge that they already have downloaded on my hp laptop.

this is all just based on my opinion though. when it comes down to it, it's all up to what you, Abirama, think and want to do.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I feel like Chrome runs slowly for me because I have five different extensions running at the same time, but that's the price I pay for having them.

Years
    • Seen today
    I've never really taken to Firefox - i used it for a while when I was younger, but my shared laptop with my brother started getting loads of viruses - most likely a combination of AdBlock not being a thing so lots of pop-ups and my parents preferred "free antivirus" being terrible - and my parents were convinced not using IE was to blame so I had to remove it.

Luckily Chrome popped up in '08 (I believe I heard of it here first actually) as IE was terrible. However recently I also hate Chrome as it hogs battery on my Mac (which thanks to Apple's insecurity about their latest Macbooks no longer predicts how long its battery will last) and I had to have it just because Student Finance England's site didn't work on Safari for me until some time this year. Obviously the latter won't be relevant to most people, but the battery thing is a big one.

Years
  • honestly, I prefer Firefox over Chrome.
    I've had a lot of problems with Chrome in the past, and Firefox has never given me any problems whatsoever. Plus, I like the look of Firefox as opposed to Chrome. It just looks neater.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I do like both as they each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Chrome I'd say I use more only because I'm more familiar with that browser, but I will switch over to Firefox occasionally.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Just pick the browser that has the criteria that you want/need.

Firefox for me, because Chrome doesn't work as great under bad internet connections.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Lack of customization, go with chrome or you want to customized just go with firefox. Be warned, Firefox eats lots of portion of your memory though than chrome did

Years
  • Lack of customization, go with chrome or you want to customized just go with firefox. Be warned, Firefox eats lots of portion of your memory though than chrome did
    Chrome also has some pretty hefty customization as well if you know how to utilize it.

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
    Years
  • Just use opera:D Is fast, respects your privacy and since not alot of people use it, u are kind of safe, since there ins't alot of people that will try exploid the bugs it may have.

Muahaha is prob even faster then chrome:3

Retro Grunt

IT'S YA BOI RETRO
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    Firefox will always be my preferred. Chrome has a lot of security issues, mainly in the form of exploits. I'm a little picky about that kind of thing. :P

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've always used Chrome and using anything else just feels wrong now. ;-; Chrome has everything I need and want, and I don't really care about privacy enough to make an issue out of that. I make extensive use of my Google account and Chrome also remembers some really old passwords I've forgotten so it's very nice for me. RAM is an issue, though.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I don't really care about privacy enough to make an issue out of that.
    k1874Gq.png

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    wow so deep

I'm not saying I have nothing to hide; I know they're getting my data anyways even if I change my browser to something more privacy-friendly. I'm not gonna fight against something I consider unpreventable.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    Firefox, but there are so many apps & plugins on chrome that are really useful and just work better imo or aren't available on firefox. i always use chrome for certain things like youtube playlists and notes across devices, but the privacy concern is the main thing for me. this is actually a useful summary about the major differences.

Last edited:
    Back