• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sweet Nostalgia

Years
  • There have been a lot of RPs in this section over the years, heck just in the three years I have been around I have seen more than I can count. Despite all these roleplays that come and go though, there are always a few that hold a special place in our hearts.

So which past roleplays do you have particularly fond memories of and why?
    Maybe leave a link if you're feeling brave!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Back when I was a Sims nerd, this is what got me into roleplaying.

It was a hugeeee roleplay, really fun characters and players and loads of competition. Each round had puzzles and games to play and it was just generally superawesome. ^_^.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • Half of these RPs were yours, from what I hear. xP

Oooh boy, where to even begin? All of the RPs that last more than just a couple pages carve a special place in my heart. But of course, if I could only mention one I would HAVE to mention the one RP I've ever been in that actually finished.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokemon Extermination (Circa 2009-2010)
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=161674

I only joined about halfway through. The RP ran into quite a few roadblocks, but everyone was fun and determined and we made it! (The sequel is a different story, but alas we can't have it all.)

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • If it wasn't for the Curse of Ryan, I would say Avatar: New Legends was my favorite RP of all time. I really can't say much about it without feeling super guilty for its death, but I our small cast was the first group of people I befriended on PC (before you filthy lot smh) and those memories are forever in my heart.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • The first RP always holds a special place. Mine was a mess: it was some kind of Pokemon x Transformers (Pokemechs...?) thing. But it was definitely a great way to dip my toes into he RPing waters and figure out miscommunications (SO MANY miscommunications) and interactions.

And it was just good to make new friends and be accepted into the fold so instantly, it was really a good way to get a sense of how open and friendly the community was. Ahhh ~nostalgia

Years
  • Half of these RPs were yours, from what I hear. xP

Half is stretching the truth somewhat :P

If it wasn't for the Curse of Ryan, I would say Avatar: New Legends was my favorite RP of all time. I really can't say much about it without feeling super guilty for its death, but I our small cast was the first group of people I befriended on PC (before you filthy lot smh) and those memories are forever in my heart.

The first RP always holds a special place. Mine was a mess: it was some kind of Pokemon x Transformers (Pokemechs...?) thing. But it was definitely a great way to dip my toes into he RPing waters and figure out miscommunications (SO MANY miscommunications) and interactions.

And it was just good to make new friends and be accepted into the fold so instantly, it was really a good way to get a sense of how open and friendly the community was. Ahhh ~nostalgia

You guys are very much right, the first is always special... except for mine. I made it, and it is a concept I still really like to this day but I have to admit that I like a lot of the RPs I have made since then a lot more than that one. The original Reapers and Fragmented in particular I was really proud of and would have loved to see make it to the end. Both were just starting to get right into the plot when they died.

As for other RPs

Outbreak, Tournament of Life and Yokai Academy all immediately spring to mind. All of those RPs finished way to soon in my opinion. They all had a really great cast of characters and plots that I was dying to see come to completion. Not to mention the other RPers were all great people.

The Hoenn Grand Fesitval event is another one for me. I pretty much JPd the entire thing with Naku but it was really cool seeing the relationship between our characters develop throughout the short space of time the RP was going.

Also I won which helps a bit

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • If it wasn't for the Curse of Ryan, I would say Avatar: New Legends was my favorite RP of all time. I really can't say much about it without feeling super guilty for its death, but I our small cast was the first group of people I befriended on PC (before you filthy lot smh) and those memories are forever in my heart.

The GIFT of Ryan. FTFY

As for me it would have to be the War between Humans and Pokémon, right here on PC. One of my first RPs and the first I was in that actually finished. Oh those were the days. Being a poor little Leafeon whom used magical Celebi powers to reverse time and save all of his friends only to die after getting shot.

You know, the more I think about it, the stranger it sounds.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    I've got four I really loved, flaws and all.

First two were part of my series, Pokemon Odyssey 1 and Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning. Odyssey 1 was my first RP I ever GMed, and one of the first RPs I ever was apart of. I didn't really know what I was doing in the beginning, so it was kinda a mess to get used to RPing and GMing. Once I did, it was a great ride all the way to the end.

Odyssey 3 was much better in terms of writing and story. It was longer, had overall a better cast, and I believe was a much stronger RP. It also had so many moments that the RPers helped create that I can always come back to and think about, and say, "That was amazing."

The next one is Aerion. This was the most ambitious RP I have ever done. With Raikiri, we made this high fantasy RP in a world we created called Aerion. It lasted a few months, but it was packed with memorable moments and dialogue. I don't think I've ever seen better writing in a roleplay than in Aerion. Posts were always top notch, which meant I also had to step it up. It is one of my favorite roleplays I've ever been apart of.

This next one is an interesting choice: La storia della Arcana Famiglia. It was a great roleplay to be apart of simply for the character interaction we created. I joined this as a group with a few of my roleplaying buddies, and it was glorious. It didn't last nearly as long as I would have liked, but I always enjoy looking back on it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Hey, War between Pokemon and Humans was my first RP too. What an amazing clusterfuck that was. Nothing made sense. But good times.

Arcanum was one RP I really really enjoyed. It died way too early. It had a really great world, just waiting to be explored.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey, War between Pokemon and Humans was my first RP too. What an amazing clusterfuck that was. Nothing made sense. But good times.

Arcanum was one RP I really really enjoyed. It died way too early. It had a really great world, just waiting to be explored.
    Hey, I haven't seen you in ages! Hi :)

Arcanum was really cool, if I may say so myself. I had so much planned out, loved the region. If I have time at some point, I'll remake it.

Many old journey RPs sit close to my heart actually. Some being A New Professor in Town and New Johto League (I think it was called).

Years
  • This next one is an interesting choice: La storia della Arcana Famiglia. It was a great roleplay to be apart of simply for the character interaction we created. I joined this as a group with a few of my roleplaying buddies, and it was glorious. It didn't last nearly as long as I would have liked, but I always enjoy looking back on it.

I just missed out on joining that one but I was reading it. I was so disappointed to see it die so early.

Back