• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Mew to be available via Poké Ball Plus

Years
Is Mew still available through the Pokeball Plus currently?

I already have one so hopefully I'll be able to transfer that over via Home but... not exactly a fan of the paywall. :s

edit: apparently not, then? would be a huge bummer if not...

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Glad I didn't transfer mine, I knew there was a reason I was saving it.

That said, I understand any frustration involved for those who did, considering Home isn't being released until next year.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hella stingy. Only new ones can send Mew over because it's 'used up' when sent to LG? And it can't be used for the game either. No thank you. Didn't buy it for LG, definitely won't for SwSh either.

Years
Complete garbage that anyone who's already transferred their Mew to Let's Go either has to buy another Poke Ball Plus or transfer over their Mew from Let's Go.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing people taking their Poke Ball Plus to a random store and swapping them out for a new one/buying a new one, putting their old one in the new one's package, and "returning" the old one disguised as the new one because of this.

(And no, I'm not trying to give anyone any ideas. Don't do either of those!)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
oh what the hell lmfao that's so shitty bc i'm pretty sure most people got the pokeball plus just for mew in LGPE. i know that's what i would have done, had i gotten one. ughhh that's so. lmfao literally why would they do that actually don't answer i know the answer is money

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I was considering getting one because I'd love to use it like a Poké Walker but now I don't think I will. I don't really want to condone these kinds of practices... It's incredibly unfair for people who got one to put Mew into LGPE. With how expensive they are, you'd think they'd let players get just one more Mew for their troubles?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm definitely not buying this just to get a mew in Sword/Shield, tbh. This peripheral is like $50s before taxes. No thanks. Honestly, I really don't see the point in this? Why more Mew pandering, lmfao.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
It's pretty dumb. The only logic behind that is to cater to people who buy the PokeBall Plus AFTER buying SwSh. Will LGPE even be for sale after SwSh are released?

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Aug 8, 2019
Especially with the Pokémon GO Plus+ coming. Maybe it'll come with a Mew, too?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 14, 2022
Alright let me see if I understand this right.

The Pokeball+ comes with a Mew.
You can send this Mew to either LGPE or SwSh.
You cannot send one Mew to each game.
When Pokemon Home launches, the Mew can be transferred between those two games.
???
Pokecommunity gets triggered.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Like other people have said, it's a shitty move. The colosseum bonus disc can still transfer one jirachi per save file, but Gamefreak can't do this with the Poké Ball Plus?

I don't even have the let's go games, or ever planned on getting the plus for SwSh, and this is pissing me off. Why does gamefreak/Nintendo insist on giving their fans the finger with all these horrible game design choices and cash grabs that do nothing but upset their decades old fan base?

Back