• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my mom h8s me why

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
  • my mom tries very hard to understand me and support me with my life decisions that are drastically different from what she imagined me to have. she's done a good job and coped well and i love her a lot.

my dad is another story though... i used to look up to him, but he disappointed me and i can never look at him the same way after what he put me through. i don't hate him. i can't. i just don't understand his actions.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't care for my family. They "love me" I guess, but I don't love them back. I don't feel like explaining at all, so let's just leave it at that.

Tricksquad1992

Just chilling in the shadows.
    Years
  • I am neutral with my family, I love my Dad, my Mom has just come back into my life so I'm still working on my relationship with her. My Sister is a good person so I enjoy her company, but my brother is the total opposite. He stabbed me in the back once by stranding me somewhere where my Dad is to get his money. So, I personally hate my brother.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I never had a good relationship with my mother, but I did with my dad. However a few years ago my mother took advantage of this in the worst possible way. And...my dad went along with it. It was then that I knew that he'd be behind her no matter what, and as a result I don't think much of either of them anymore, =/

The opposite can be said of my brother however. We hated each other growing up(I'm exaggerating of course, but not by much lol), but we've grown closer since. He was also betrayed by our parents unfortunately-not in the same way as me but in the same manner, ie. it being orchestrated by our mother while our father went along with it.

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • My dad and mum mostly neglect me and never really want to be apart of my life and my step mum, she is just bossy and opinionated to annoyance.

I don't have a good repore with my folks at all.
    Hell I might as well be alone, they just not in my LIFE that much...

Oh well. Gotta do me, even if they aren't in it at all.

Years
  • mmm

My mother and I have... a rollercoaster of a relationship. My sister once told me this is because we're basically the same person so most times we get along while other times when we don't get along... it delves into pretty brutal verbal arguments. For now, I think we get along fine; our arguments are becoming less frequent than they used to and we ACUALLY do want to get along with each other more, despite our faults.

My father... is an interesting story. I got along with him excellently when I was a kid, mostly because he used to be the main person that would spoil me in my childhood years. The more I grew up though, the less and less I started to see him until I moved right after I graduated high school. After that, I've only really started to see him once a year, maybe once every two years if it came to that. I still think he's a decent guy, but he lives his life and I live mine. That's pretty much the way I've always seen it ever since high school. I wish we spoke more to each other on the phone but I think, for both of us, it becomes rather awkward because we don't have a lot of common ground of topics to talk about other than "oh hey how's life and work going?"

I would say my best relationship right now is with my older sister. Being like, five years older than me, I feel like I get along with her really well since we've gone through very similar life experience and seen similar things and stuff. In recent years, I haven't gotten the opportunity to speak with her much which I'm trying to change, because I do text her every other day to let her know what's going on in my life and whatnot.

I rarely speak with my brother, but really that's only because he lives on the other side of the world and 9 times out of 10 I just don't really know what to say to him. At least he wished me a happy birthday this year, so I know he didn't forget about me, which is nice.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I love my parents and I generally get along with them, but of course after living with them for far too long, I found things about them that annoy me. I guess this is as good of a place as any to get it off my chest.

First off is that my Mom hasn't worked in about 15 years, and doesn't really do much of anything around the house except play games all the time on her phone and computer. That wouldn't be such a problem on its own, but she ends up complaining regularly to me and my Dad about messes and problems at the house. Me and my Dad work to pay the rent, while, as I said, she pretty much does nothing, so I feel like she should be complaining about these problems a lot less and doing more about them herself.

And with my Dad, he listens to and watches the same type of political media all the time, and instead of forming his own opinion, he just sears out the same exact crap that goes in his ears to everyone he knows, as if it's his own opinion. There doesn't seem to be any second thought with logical reasoning there, it's just in his ears and out his mouth. :/

The other thing that sickens me is that he likes watching TV/movies that have a lot of gorey and disgusting things, and to each his own. However, I do not like watching that stuff, so it's disturbing when he excitedly describes to me in graphic detail what happened in what he watched. I've told him several times I don't want to even hear about that stuff, but he'll keep saying "Just let me tell you this one thing". I can get pretty ticked off from this, but he never listens. :/

Before I go on further, I better just say '/rant'. :P

Years
    • Seen today
    My siblings are all older than me and have moved out.

My oldest brother gets along perfectly with me...although we only get to see each other on holidays or funerals because he lives so far away. There is a 15 year age gap between us, but we have the same interests, and I talk to him online a lot.

My other older brother is a bit rougher. 5 year age difference between us, but growing up we had different personalities. I was hyper, loud, and annoying. He was introverted with temper issues and wanted to be left alone. We fought a lot...I've mellowed out though as I got older, and we get along pretty great now

My sister is 7 years older than me. We were kind of close before, but we've gotten more distant...we make small talk but she's reserved about everything and somewhat feels like a stranger.

My Mom does what she can. She gets me to appointments, anywhere I need to be, etc. Not great for going to with problems, but I wish there was more I could do for her. Sometimes we chill and watch movies/TV.

My Dad passed when I was young, sometimes I wonder how different things would have gone if he were alive.

Back