• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

I hate approaching a red light at small intersections.. because I wind up slowing down without coming to a complete stop most of the time, and by the time I get up to the intersection's approach, the light's green again.

How about railroad/railway crossings.. has anyone ever gotten stuck behind one of those? I have, twice. I was approaching a crossing and the red lights started flashing, but I was going slow enough to put my foot on the break and stop short of the track and just waited patiently.

Yeah I feel the same way about intersections and I had that actually happen this morning on the way to college.

I hate railway crossings with a passion. There is one on my way to college and every day when I am on my way home, I get stuck at one because that is when the train runs. It is really annoying when I am in a rush :I

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've done it once before, and I've had to wait for about five minutes until I was able to cross it. Five minutes was a long time for me (kind of), because I could be a bit of an impatient person when it comes to driving.

I usually try to avoid railroad crossings and find a different way around, because I feel a little uncomfortable when I'm about to cross one. To me, it always feels as if I'm going to be hit by a train randomly, even if none of them are anywhere near in sight. Haha. :(

Sirfetch’d

I feel the same way about trains :( I always look both ways about 50 times because I am so paranoid that one will come flying out of nowhere and hit me D:

Sirfetch’d

There are many located near my house unfortunately. However none are close enough to where I can hear them from where I live, or that would become an annoyance really quickly.

Years
  • Sometimes I can hear trains from about 10 miles away on a very, very quiet night as they head north of me.. but I live nowhere near any railroad crossings at all, either, so those aren't a problem. The problem for me though is that I live off a 2-lane US highway which can be pretty bad during rush hour traffic heading southbound into the city during the morning and headed northbound in the afternoon for people headed home.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I lived near trains all my life. I lived near trollies, next to train tracks, and railroad crossings. idk, I've gotten used to them over the years and I slept through the loud sounds. xD

Sirfetch’d

I am just such a light sleeper that I don't think I could sleep through it. I will literally wake up at the sound of a pin dropping.

Sirfetch’d

Some people that I know wouldn't have a problem with it. Like my dad for instance, he can sleep through any amount of noise without waking up, but I am the exact opposite.

Years
  • I think it's cool living beside a rail yard. You get to hear the train go hoonk hooonk in the middle of the night, and I find that to be really quaint for some reason.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I lived near a railroad track, and at 2-3 in the morning a train would come by HOOOOOOOOOOONKING. But I'm such a heavy sleeper myself so I got used to sleeping through the train sounds. :D

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I have a friend who lives next to a subway line. But trains on that pass by every... 5 minutes?

I have no idea how he sleeps at night.

Years
  • A place I lived in for a while was near to some train tracks. It was kind of soothing to hear them since they only ran in the day and not at night. Know what I mean? Just a little reminder that something's going on, people living their lives, and all that.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • In Texas, I lived in an apartment building that had a train station literally not even a minute walk away. I used to walk on the tracks on Sundays when the train wasn't running cause I didn't wanna risk getting flattened like a tomato xD

NintendoFreezey

→ Stay frosty!
    Years
  • I got stuck under one of those rail road arms once as I was pulling up to the light. (one of those super long fast passenger trains Amtrak or something) lol I ended up breaking the arm with the front of my truck and running through a red light, it Was totally worth the 300 dollar fine x) and as for living next to a train and or subway station/tracks no way! I'm a bad sleeper already, I couldn't deal with noise like that!!!

Years
  • I try my best to follow traffic laws, that way I don't get fined for breaking the rules of the road at all.. though one might call me a hypocrite for speeding by 5-10 miles per hour above the speed limit, I'm never the only one who speeds like that as there are always people going as much as 15 miles per hour above the speed limit on the roads around my area.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back