• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wanna go back!

Which region would you most like to see get a sequel title?

• Kanto (RBY/FR/LG)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Johto (GSC/HGSS)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Hoenn (RSE/ORAS)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Sinnoh (DPPt)

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Unova (B2W2)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Kalos (XY)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Alola (SM)

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

pkmin3033

OK. Wild random question. You have the opportunity to make a direct sequel to any game, set in the same region some years - you pick - after the first game's story. Which game do you go with, and why? What do you imagine a sequel to your chosen title would be like? What would the characters be doing, and what would the story focus on? How would the landscape have changed in the time that has passed?

...and yes, Alola is on here because we don't know if USUM are sequels or not. Feel free to share some ideas about what a sequel to SM would look like if you want, though :o

...and no multiple region sequel titles. That's cheating.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Kalos just because I feel like there are many unexplored areas that we've yet to cover there. I know we're past that now, but as a whole Kalos just felt really dull to me. It could cover both the Northern and Southern halves of Kalos giving way to many new areas. A sequel with new areas and an updated story would make me appreciate the region a lot more as did BW2 with Unova.

Years
  • As much as I love Kanto, Johto and Hoenn, we've been back to them all before and I feel like I can wait to eventually return to those regions. I decided to vote for Sinnoh cause it's such a great region with some really cool Pokemon so I would be really excited to go back there.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Probably Sinnoh. It's certainly my prime pick for a remake and could do with some fleshing out in terms of geography and lore, like BW2 did. I'm particularly interested in seeing the region itself developed more and having tons of interesting hidden areas and nooks and crannies to explore added to it. BW2 did a great job at that when it came to Unova, as did ORAS to Hoenn, so hopefully the trend will continue on into future remakes.

I am not sure Kalos can be redeemed t b h.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    If I played XY, I might've picked Kalos just because I've heard so much complaints about the story being incomplete and the region massively unexplored. That's a major bummer, but I've yet to judge that for myself. I voted Kanto because I just want Gamefreak to do something different and go back to re-explore the older regions but in a different way. Kanto would now be re-explorable with how SM ended.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Boy, this is a great question. I put some deep thought into this, and decided on Hoenn.

I'm basing this as a sequel to Emerald. Imagine if they had a cooperation program with the other island region, Alola. Instead of battle tents there would be mini trial sites hosted by people from Alola. Complete the trial, get a Z-Crystal.

The big contest hall would stay in Lilycove City, but other contest halls would return in Rustboro, Fortree and Dewford. We need more things to do in Dewford.

Beat the Elite Four and champion, and then you travel to Alola to do real trials.

Battle Frontier would return, smack dab in the middle between both regions.

And we'll throw in the Pokemon World Tournament in Mauville.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Kalos, because it was my absolute favourite games of the series, yet post game was so underwhelming and they never even got a remake/sequel. There were so many interesting areas, and lore that could be added to stuff like the Scary House, or Zygarde, or Mewtwo's presence, etc.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I voted gen4. I mean don't get me wrong, I really liked XY and I do feel it could be improved in some areas, but not as much as I love my first and favourite gen...

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Just give Unova a third instalment. Why not. Anything for the best games of the series. Kalos should have one but I don't know if I'd want it.
    grAb0EW.gif

Years
    • Online now
    Just give Unova a third instalment. Why not. Anything for the best games of the series. Kalos should have one but I don't know if I'd want it.
    If Unova gets a third installment, they should add the Pikachu line to the Unova dex.

And Kalos NEEDS a third installment. It had a lot of potential and unsolved mysteries, and it really doesn't deserve to just be left in the dust like this.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Just give Unova a third instalment. Why not. Anything for the best games of the series. Kalos should have one but I don't know if I'd want it.

Gen5 is cool but it doesn't compare to my amazing gen4 ;)

Last edited:

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Sinnoh. Just imagine it, fully updated Poketch, it's something I'd really like to see. Then, maybe they'd re-release the event items for the hidden legends. Exploring the abandoned mansion on updated graphics would be cool, they could jam it up with a few more hidden stuff. Also battle frontier was in Sinnoh [not sure if it was called like this tho]. It's also one of my fave regions.

Years
  • Sinnoh, not even thinking twice, Platinum was still too short for me and it was too enjoyable. I wish I could do much more in this region.

Back