• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which region would you want to start your journey in if you were a trainer?

Years
  • I'd love either Kalos or Hoenn.
    Wouldn't mind Alola either, but would definitely prefer Kalos or Hoenn.

As for which of the two I prefer, it tends to swap back n forth over time lol
    Atm I think I'd go with Kalos.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Kalos for sure. Can't get enough of the intro of Fairies. Probably wouldn't end up being a trainer, or at least stop by the time I reach Laverre City. I'd live there with my Sylveon, Togetic, and Cleffa. And together we'd work for the Café selling adorable, tasty confections to residents and visiting trainers! ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭✧

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Kanto, Johto or Galar. They have some of the milder climates, the starter Pokémon for Kanto and Johto are adorable and I have a chance to run into/live alongisde some of my favourite people in the games! Although, I wouldn't mind starting in Alola as well if it meant that I don't have to trade to get a Mimikyu. :D

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Kanto, Johto or Galar. They have some of the milder climates, the starter Pokémon for Kanto and Johto are adorable and I have a chance to run into/live alongisde some of my favourite people in the games! Although, I wouldn't mind starting in Alola as well if it meant that I don't have to trade to get a Mimikyu. :D
    Don't worry, I'd make sure to come through with a Mimikyu for you! :)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Johto for sure! Seems like a cozy country life with plenty of nature to explore.

I can actually draw several connections between Johto and where I live IRL (despite it being based on the Kansai region of Japan). For instance, I used to live next to a river that separated us from the next state over, similar to how a body of water separates New Bark Town from Kanto. Now I live in a forested area where we've got a well and springs, bringing to mind Azalea Town. Between the two are my old elementary, middle, and high schools, just like the Trainers' School sits between New Bark Town and Azalea, and our closest "big" city lies on the opposite side, like Goldenrod lies just past Ilex Forest.

Johto's also super nostalgic, being the first region I ever played through.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If we are going by the aesthetics and "feel" of the region then it's Johto without a doubt. It's my favorite region with beautiful towns and nature, more rural and traditional than modern and it has amazing history/lore and traditions. I would love to live in a place like Johto. But the big problem with Johto is the boring Pokedex since it's mostly Gen 1 Pokemon so hopefully I can trade some Pokemon over from other regions.

If the trading isn't allowed then I would go for a combination of looks of the region and the available Pokemon, as well as cool Gym Leaders and competitions. That means that my pick would be the amazing Unova region, specifically the version of Unova from my favorite games ever Black 2 and White 2.

Years
  • Johto is so picturesque... and has some of the best Pokémon ever. Also very tempted by Unova but even though it's my favorite region, I think I would enjoy Johto just a little more. Maybe I'd settle down in Ecruteak later too. \o/

But yes, if someone from another region comes by then please trade me Whimsicott or Altaria lol.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sinnoh for its cold weather, because I hate the heat. Kalos for its architecture. Johto for the traditional style in some of its towns.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • For me, it would definitely be either Unova or Alola. I love the big city, but I also love a tropical paradise too where I get to surf on Mantine and have fun all the time. It's so hard to choose.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    I'd like to start in the Johto Region. The Johto Region has really cool cities and the design to each one is unique and the pokemon in that region are some of the coolest in the game. Tyranitar, Typholsion, Espeon, Umbreon, Politoad, Heracross, Ampharos, and of course Lugia.

NearAutomas

Acoustic Wonderbag
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Sinnoh's snow cold areas are a wanderlust for me, it's also so that I can pick Chimchar. Unova is also a region I'd like to start in, so that's a runner up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Either Castelia City, or any of the big cities in Galar: Motostoke, Hammerlocke, or Wyndon.

agravedigger

Fossil Maniac
    Years
  • honestly probably Kanto for nostalgia reasons and also the ability to pick up charmander, but I'd definitely travel the world, researching fossils and ruins!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Can I just start off in the Charleston/Mt. Pleasant region of South Carolina? No? Well, damn.

Guess I'll go with Orre from Colo/XD, then. You like beautiful, elegant locations? It's got a couple. Like urban decay and run-down locations? it's got those, too. And let's not forget the research and manufacturing facilities that Cipher constructed which have that awesome, eerie mad scientist vibe.

Back