• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Soul (Disney)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So... have you seen Soul yet? Are you planning on doing it?

As much as I love Pixar, this recent title hasn't really gotten me excited. Even Onward got me more interested (and turned it to be a really sweet movie actually!).

Plus, I'm kinda meh ew about Disney

Years
    • Seen today
    I watched soul with my family

It didn't hook me. I'd put it on the lesser end of Pixar movies. It was more interesting than Brave, but not even close to the better pixar movies such as Cars and Wall-E

The animations was really pretty though. They've perfected it.

Years
  • watched it last December with the gf.

i'm with Zeo here. best looking Pixar movie to date and had a good message, but it didn't capture me like older titles did. not saying it isn't great, but i don't know i feel like they could've done better with the storytelling and structure? tbh i'm just glad they featured a good chunk of New York, bcs when i first saw the trailer, i immediately thought it'd only be in the first few scenes then the rest of the movie is them traversing the afterlife realm (or whatever it was called lol).

reviews i've watched have been praising it though, calling it mature and different from the usual Pixar "masterpiece". might need to rewatch to see if that take really holds.

Years
  • We watched it the second it was available on disney plus. I was soooo excited for it. It ticked all the boxes for me. I couldn't wait. My partner was actually getting annoyed at me because I was so looking forward to it...

It left me flat. Completely flat.

I cry at every movie. I cry making tea. I didn't shed a single tear watching Soul. The story just wasn't great, and I didn't enjoy the humour. It was a totally phoned in, by the numbers, movie for me with no erm... soul.

Not Pixar's best, not by a long shot.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    I JUST saw Soul today. It was pretty... meh. It wasn't all that entertaining to me. The animation was great though.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Watched it w/my sister, I loved it. then again, I love animated disney movies, so I'm the right audience. I also like the concept of the afterlife in movies, so I found it enjoyable, overall.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Watched it with my family as soon as we got Disney+.

And I agree with the general opinion here, I feel like it's lacking in essence.

Caution: actual spoilers.
    Spoiler:

We also watched Frozen 2 right after it, and I'm a sucker for Frozen so Soul just paled in comparison.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have not yet but my friend really liked it! I am planning to check it out either tonight or later this week before uni starts... maybe as a way to chill out at the end of a long day. I'm excited to see it :D

Back