• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
Years
  • This link will bring you to the thread you make your challenges in.

This link will bring you to the current discussion thread. The one you're looking at right now is the old one.

Spoiler: Original Message
    So me and Polar Spectrum were chatting on Skype. I checked if the forums had an official League of their own. Apparently not. (Because the forums were not active enough.) So me and Polar decided to try our hand at managing our own League! (And hope that the forums are active enough now.) In this thread, I'm asking some questions while we decide how to get this League set up and everything, such as what should the League name be?

Progress

July-24-14
    Decided that for now, only people we know or trust to be active, such as friends, will be Gym Leaders, Elites, or Temp Champion.

(This has gotten big. 0.0)
    This is the discussion thread for the Prism League! (Currently Beta) If you want the latest info on the League, check out the last few pages!

I brought up the idea with Polar Spectrum, we started it, and this happened. Thank Arceus I brought Polar into this, because I just can not keep the train rolling by myself. Ever.

The Prism of Honor goes to:
    Spoiler:

The Prism of Honor was given to people who were active in the early stages.

Last edited:

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • I'm confused. How would this work?

Well, there would be the classic 8 Gym Leaders, Elite 4, and Champion. As normal, you would have to beat all 8 Gym Leaders before fighting the Elite 4, and you would have to fight the Elite 4 before fighting the Champion. And, as usual, the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 would specify in one type. But me and Polar Spectrum chatted about that, so we decided that you would have to use the same team for all of them. It's going to be tough.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • (Bumped up here to hopefully make it more visible to people who don't scroll)

Registered participants for league qualifier tourney:

Antebellum (Showdown, possible X/Y)
    Polar Spectrum (X/Y)
    TGM (X/Y)
    Zekrom (Showdown, possible X/Y)
    BlueBoi22 (X/Y, possible Showdown)
    BadPokemon (X/Y)
    Srinator (Showdown)
    Euphoric (Showdown)
    Ferraligatr (X/Y)

As it stands now, we have: 4, possibly 5 players competing on Showdown - and 5 potentially 7 on X/Y. This would de facto give all Showdown competitors listed above a spot in the league, and keep only two contenders on X/Y from placing as a leader or elite / champ.

Okay. I am home. Explanation inbound.

First of all, this thread, I think at this stage in the process of organizing a league, should be used for brainstorming, logistics, and suggestions / development only. We can run the league and get challenges going from another thread once we establish how it will work.

The main idea, would be to operate like the anime or main games Pokemon league. Begin challenging gym leaders to acquire badges; and once you've obtained all 8 - challenge the elite 4 and the champion of the region. Since we have to deal with timezones and such, I think going out of order should be acceptable. Because I'd hate to see this idea killed by inactivity of any 1 member, or poor timing / time zones.

That said; I'd like to PROPOSE (as in this is completely open to debate and change by anyone other than myself, because who the f*ck even am I [this kid, who he think he is] to start deliberating things like this) some ground rules.

• We have 8 gyms.
      [*]We have 4 Elite Four members.
      [*]We have 1 standing Champion.
      [*]We use 6 v 6 battles with X/Y Wifi Normal Ruleset.

And to elaborate, or go a bit more into detail on each of these beasics;

We have 8 gyms. - As in 8 individuals, all different players, each with one unique pokemon type, which every pokemon on their team must be have naturally. The gym leaders may pick the battle format (singles or doubles - no rotation or triples) for their gym, and may NOT use any legendary pokemon. While facing the 8 gym leaders, challengers should keep the same 6 pokemon on their team (to prevent picking 6 hard counters for every gym type, and providing a challenge to both leaders and challengers.) but may change items. (because fairness and fun.) Challengers may have *1* non mascot or event legend (ie; No Mewtwo, Xerneas, Dialga, Darkrai, Genesect, Deoxys) - allowing trio members and non mascots (ie; Gen 1 bird trio, musketeers, D/P lake trio).

We have 4 Elite 4 Members. I'mmmm not sure if, due to numbers, and how many people this may or may not garner right off the bat, if we want to make the Elite 4 different trainers from the gym leaders, or have it where you can be both at once; albeit with different types. Or, if challengers who beat the champion can become the elite four or champion. I don't really think I have an idea which would work better either. So totally open to suggestions on this one. But as far as battles go, same as Gym leaders I would think.

We have one standing Champion. Totally open to opinions on how the champion should work too :v as well as everything really, but especially this since I have no idea what everyone wants on it. But; champion should probably cycle imo.

We use 6 v 6 battles with X/Y Wifi Normal rules set. This basically covers what a lot of people know as tourney / smogon rules. No 2 pokemon with the same dex number, no repeats of items on a team, all that jazz. As I mentioned before, since the leaders are yknow, leaders of gyms, and the challenger is challenging them (durr) the leader picks doubles or singles - ORRRR - for some gyms, we have a leader for singles, and a leader for doubles. (Water gym, TGM and Blue? :D ) Six vs Six because we can have a bit of play through authenticity in it, and normal again, to keep it at level 50. Because I don't think we'll get many challengers if everyone has to level their entire team to level 100.

So yeah, feedback and opinions here?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I know that this is stated to be an X/Y League, but since Leagues are solely about battling, I thought I'd move this into BTB (hope you don't mind wolf and Zeffy).

Moves.

Anyway, if Polar can get the rules and guidelines up, that'd be a great start. You'll also wanna advertise that this league exists (just do it in a way that doesn't break PC's advertising rule). No one's gonna sign up for positions and you won't get any challengers if people don't know about this. And good luck.

....Maybe I'll join in on this once you guys get the ball rolling.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Thanks for the support and suggestions Zekrom, I'll get on a proper and formal list of ground rules as well as promotion as soon as I can. My phone insists on correcting Pokemon to pigeons and pushpins constantly though; so rather than risk people thinking I'm promoting some weird New York office building version of cockfights- I'll wait the extra hour to use my laptop. :1

Very excited though.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
  • Ooooh, I might actually have some rules for a pokemon league I tried to start that can give us a place to start, Polar.

Also yeah, I was asked to be a part of this as well.

edit: also I call water gym before blue

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Ooooh, I might actually have some rules for a pokemon league I tried to start that can give us a place to start, Polar.

Also yeah, I was asked to be a part of this as well.

edit: also I call water gym before blue

Lol F.U. man! We're still fighting for it!

((If I lose, I'll take ice instead))

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    No one asked me, but I'm still wondering how it would work. Once the initial order is set, do you basically - as a newcomer - battle the low man on the totem pole and try to take over the spot? Meanwhile, others can try to move up the list?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So if you want to take over a type, you bring that type of team and challenge that leader? One can take over an E4 spot this way, too?

The Champion is usually not restricted by a type. I would have thought this was a thing where people can challenge everyone in the group, beat them, and be Champion. The idea is that the teams, gyms, etc. are pre-set and not modified.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Okay. I am home. Explanation inbound.

First of all, this thread, I think at this stage in the process of organizing a league, should be used for brainstorming, logistics, and suggestions / development only. We can run the league and get challenges going from another thread once we establish how it will work.

The main idea, would be to operate like the anime or main games Pokemon league. Begin challenging gym leaders to acquire badges; and once you've obtained all 8 - challenge the elite 4 and the champion of the region. Since we have to deal with timezones and such, I think going out of order should be acceptable. Because I'd hate to see this idea killed by inactivity of any 1 member, or poor timing / time zones.

That said; I'd like to PROPOSE (as in this is completely open to debate and change by anyone other than myself, because who the f*ck even am I [this kid, who he think he is] to start deliberating things like this) some ground rules.

• We have 8 gyms.

And to elaborate, or go a bit more into detail on each of these beasics;

We have 8 gyms. - As in 8 individuals, all different players, each with one unique pokemon type, which every pokemon on their team must be have naturally. The gym leaders may pick the battle format (singles or doubles - no rotation or triples) for their gym, and may NOT use any legendary pokemon. While facing the 8 gym leaders, challengers should keep the same 6 pokemon on their team (to prevent picking 6 hard counters for every gym type, and providing a challenge to both leaders and challengers.) but may change items. (because fairness and fun.) Challengers may have *1* non mascot or event legend (ie; No Mewtwo, Xerneas, Dialga, Darkrai, Genesect, Deoxys) - allowing trio members and non mascots (ie; Gen 1 bird trio, musketeers, D/P lake trio).

We have 4 Elite 4 Members. I'mmmm not sure if, due to numbers, and how many people this may or may not garner right off the bat, if we want to make the Elite 4 different trainers from the gym leaders, or have it where you can be both at once; albeit with different types. Or, if challengers who beat the champion can become the elite four or champion. I don't really think I have an idea which would work better either. So totally open to suggestions on this one. But as far as battles go, same as Gym leaders I would think.

We have one standing Champion. Totally open to opinions on how the champion should work too :v as well as everything really, but especially this since I have no idea what everyone wants on it. But; champion should probably cycle imo.

We use 6 v 6 battles with X/Y Wifi Normal rules set. This basically covers what a lot of people know as tourney / smogon rules. No 2 pokemon with the same dex number, no repeats of items on a team, all that jazz. As I mentioned before, since the leaders are yknow, leaders of gyms, and the challenger is challenging them (durr) the leader picks doubles or singles - ORRRR - for some gyms, we have a leader for singles, and a leader for doubles. (Water gym, TGM and Blue? :D ) Six vs Six because we can have a bit of play through authenticity in it, and normal again, to keep it at level 50. Because I don't think we'll get many challengers if everyone has to level their entire team to level 100.

So yeah, feedback and opinions here?

Last edited:

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I think it sounds good so far (although <//3 for missing tripples but oh wel :''D)
    Champion wise... In a way it would be fun if the champion would be whoever beats the elite 4 and remains the champion until beaten by another who will then replace him. But that might be a risky business as the champion might become inactive or so. :(

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • I think it sounds good so far (although <//3 for missing tripples but oh wel :''D)
    Champion wise... In a way it would be fun if the champion would be whoever beats the elite 4 and remains the champion until beaten by another who will then replace him. But that might be a risky business as the champion might become inactive or so. :(

xD I'm sorry - I didn't know you liked triples! Or anyone :x I was under the impression it was the one no one played - but hey, if you wanna do triples, and if enough people do - I could deal with it :3

my gym if I become a leader will so be doubles only huehuehuehue

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
  • [*]We have 8 gyms.

Okay, to reiterate on this, do the pokemon used in this type-exclusive gym have to have the type of the gym as their main type or can it be a secondary typing? Also I approve of no gym leaders using legendaries, since none in the games used any.

It depends on how many people we have. If we have eight people then yeah we may need to create some shared position with the elite four members. How that's gonna be worked out though, I have nooo idea.
    Okay, so what if the champion suddenly becomes inactive and how do we determine who the champion is? Can he/she have other places like gyms or elite four spots, or can he/she only have the champion spot?
    iiii am fine with all of that, though if we want to have two gym leaders (one for double and one for singles) will be up to everyone else.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree that this thread should be used to develop the league and gather/formulate ideas. A neat and organized thread can be made once everything is straightened out.

I think that the Gym Leaders is easy enough, though we have to make sure that these people will be active; some past leagues have fallen apart because some of the gym leaders were really inactive and so people couldn't get all the badges and lost interest. But how are the Elite 4 and Champion to be decided? In the games, the E4 and Champion are stronger than the Gym Leaders. Would we hold a set of battles to decide who can be in those spots, or will we just put in whoever wants the positions?

Speaking of the Champion, I think it'd be best to not have the person who defeats all the Gym Leaders, E4, and Champion become the new champ, just in case it ends up being someone who's not a terribly active battler after they win. Having active league members is important, imo.

As for personnel, we need a total of 13 people, and we appear to have 8 people willing to become Gym Leaders/E4/Champion atm: Cyclone, Blueboi, Antebellum, TGM, Ultraviolence, myself, Polar and Adam. So we need a few more....

And one other thing: Can we please not have Item Clause? I really hate Item Clause.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Okay, so what if the champion suddenly becomes inactive and how do we determine who the champion is? Can he/she have other places like gyms or elite four spots, or can he only have the champion spot?

iiii am fine with all of that, though if we want to have two gym leaders (one for double and one for singles) will be up to everyone else.

Mmm - I had considered that, and I amended the OP to mention something about that, but to go further into detail. We should - for the health and longevity of this idea, have rules in place that dictate the lifespan of Champions and Gym Leader's positions if any question of their activity is brought to light. I think establishing a time period, maybe one week, maybe one month, to designate as the maximum amount they can leave their role unfulfilled before having a new player replace them.

I agree that this thread should be used to develop the league and gather/formulate ideas. A neat and organized thread can be made once everything is straightened out.

I think that the Gym Leaders is easy enough, though we have to make sure that these people will be active; some past leagues have fallen apart because some of the gym leaders were really inactive and so people couldn't get all the badges and lost interest. But how are the Elite 4 and Champion to be decided? In the games, the E4 and Champion are stronger than the Gym Leaders. Would we hold a set of battles to decide who can be in those spots, or will we just put in whoever wants the positions?

Speaking of the Champion, I think it'd be best to not have the person who defeats all the Gym Leaders, E4, and Champion become the new champ, just in case it ends up being someone who's not a terribly active battler after they win. Having active league members is important, imo.

As for personnel, we need a total of 13 people, and we appear to have 8 people willing to become Gym Leaders/E4/Champion atm: Cyclone, Blueboi, Antebellum, TGM, Ultraviolence, myself, Polar and Adam. So we need a few more....

And one other thing: Can we please not have Item Clause? I really hate Item Clause.

The activity question I think we can come up with a pretty viable solution to, as I mentioned above - although I have no idea how to devise an Elite 4 vs Leaders system. .-. If anyone has an idea.. I'm all ears. The series of battles could work, I'd be down. It would be an endeavor, but it would hopefully also provide a foreword on who's active and dedicated enough to bank on keeping this alive. Starting off though? Ummm, probably use the battles, maybe just delegate a few positions. Because really, battle prowess may sometimes be disproportionate to reliability here - and we have a greater need for people who'll be around, than just the best muthaf***'s on the site. After all it's not a YOLOSWAG420NOSKOPE 1337 SKILLS tournament, it'd be more of a community thing that will HOPEFULLY be challenging too. (at least in my head ;-; I hope it doesn't get too serious and competitive)

On those members you mentioned; yes yes yes - I'm in personal communication on and off the forum with at least 4 of those people, so I can definitely harass- I mean, check up on them to maintain activity and ensure it stays alive. Although we'd probably all have to be in contact through at least 1 other form than this thread once we set it up and start taking challengers. Perhaps using the battle chat on the site regularly- orrr skype.

OH - and item clause - I ammm biased on that xD so let's NOT listen to me, and take a vote or something lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back