• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
Years
My first ever shiny was a Diglett I came across in Diglett cave. At the time, it was my first Pokemon game and I had no clue what a shiny was, so I just thought it was a boy Diglett since it had a blue nose. Needless to say I KO'd it.

My second shiny was a Nidoran in the Safari zone. I went to click ball, but instead I clicked run away -___-

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
My first ever shiny was a Diglett I came across in Diglett cave. At the time, it was my first Pokemon game and I had no clue what a shiny was, so I just thought it was a boy Diglett since it had a blue nose. Needless to say I KO'd it.

My second shiny was a Nidoran in the Safari zone. I went to click ball, but instead I clicked run away -___-
Ah wow that sucks :|
I also found a few shinies like electrike, pidgies, zubat, etc. I caught a few of them but got unlucky on some like electrike.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
Years
Ah wow that sucks :|
I also found a few shinies like electrike, pidgies, zubat, etc. I caught a few of them but got unlucky on some like electrike.

I feel like most of the shiny encounters are with Pokemon that people don't even care about, or even like. Like the Geodude lol.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
My first shiny ever was a shiny Marill in Emerald. He evolved to Azumarill and is now being taken care of on my sister's Diamond game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
Woo. I was training my weedle in Victory road to get a Beedrill to fill up my dex and BAM. Shiny Golbat. I was so excited. First.Shiny.Ever

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
Years
I remember getting shiny Torkoal in Pokemon Ruby in Fiery Path; I was real exited. I think I went on to using it as breeding Pokemon for prefect Torkoal's.

AleksanderU

Woohooo
Years
I remember getting a shiny zubat in pokemon crystal :D I don't remember where, but I think it was in the cave before Azalea. The cave might be called Union cave, but I don't remember xD

Jenayru

X3
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2011
I just caught my first shiny yesterday. It was a jigglypuff in the safari zone (HG). I was really surprised, 'cause I've playing for three years and never encountered one. Thankfully the fourth safari ball caught him. ^_^

Darkhunter101

Ice Trainer
Years
My first shiny was a shiny Voltorb and i caught it in New Mauville in either Sapphire or Emerald. Blue shinies are the coolest 8)

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
Years
My first ever shiny was a Nincada back on Emerald (that was my first ever PKMN game), I was like "WOAHWOAHWOAHWHATISTHIS" when I saw it. I caught it, then trained it till it evolved into a Ninjask, and with that, I also got a shiny Shedinja. :D Two shinies for the price of one ~! I don't have it anymore though. :(

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
The first shiny I got was the shiny zigzagoon from the old Pokemon center in new york. I lost the berry it was holding though.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Pidgey.

It was in Pokémon Firered when I first encountered it. I caught it because it looked cool.

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2011
Raticate in Pokemon Crystal, in that route right before Victory Road (from Johto). It was after I finished the game, so I didn't really do anything with it. I remember being quite excited about it, though.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
The first one beside the Red Gyarados was a Poliwag in the area near Mt. Silver in Gold. I was so excited. After that in all the games (except in Emerald) i've found at least a shiny in the wild.

Kinoko_Otoko

Mutant Jumpluff
Years
Swinub in Gold. It ran away.

That's right. You kids today have it easy; your shinies don't run away.

In the current crop of games, I've caught 3 shinies in FR, only one of which I was attempting to find. Fearow (huge disappointment) and Persian (mild disappointment; I got a shiny cat?). They've grown on me though. Then I got a shiny Hoppip on that one island in FR that only has Hoppips. I think it only took me a couple weeks of running back and forth during movies.

Haven't found a non-RNG-manipulated, non-chained shiny since...

I was talking about this topic with a guy on Metalkid's chat box, and he said:

Coocolate said:
mine was one from gts but my first one that i really caught besides the red gyrados was hopip in hg i was like SWEET

ironicly it was st patricks day and the shiny is green, then after a while i saw a shiny tauros ... again its shiny was green lol

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
A diglett was my first, but my game broke...... But then the game started working after I restarted it.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
I was going to the Power Plant in HG when I accidentally went up to a patch of grass (using a bike - it's pretty hard to control sometimes) and there it was, a shiny Fearow. I was pretty excited.

Too bad I don't use it at all :/ It IS pretty 'shiny' and cool.

Years
My first shiny was in gold (yes, gold, not HG, a long time ago, I know). It was the first ursaring I encountered, and at first I thought all ursarings were like that. When I began to see others, I realized that mine was the odd one. I thought it was a glitch or something at the time, as I didn't know what a shiny was. It wasn't until gen 3 that I found out what they were, and by that point I'd caught 3 (other than the red gyardos in G, S and C): Ursaring in gold, tentacool in gold, and hoot-hoot in crystal. I still have my ursaring and tentacool, but I lost my hoot-hoot when I reset crystal prior to getting SS and Pl.

The first shiny I encountered in SS was a linoone while working on my pokedex in the safari zone, but sadly it fled on me. I've encountered quite a few others training and wandering since, such as a tentacool, a drowsee, and a pidgeotto, all of which I've caught. They all have average IVs, though, and aren't really usable for much.

In Platinum, I'm only at giratina, trying to catch one with decent IVs and nature (I can't RNG yet), and haven't encountered any shinys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back