• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
Years
  • First encounter was shiny geodude, i was like OMG and then i ran out of pokeballs.

FML

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Mine...? Let me think. I was traveling through Mt. Corenet for fun, and outside in the snowy grass, I found a shiny Snover<3 Oh yeah it's in Platinum. XD\

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • My first ever shiny was a Golbat in Crystal, which his now "dead" because some kid tricked me into deleting the file because he convinced me that it was a very dangerous glitch. I believe that was around seven or eight years ago.

Years
    • Seen today
    Outside of the red Gyarados, I never encountered a shiny until this year, and then I was lucky enough to run into 4 over the course of 3 games. In order:

1. A Zigzagoon in Ruby. I caught it, but accidentally released it from my box when I mistook it for a regular one I'd intended to let go.
    2. A Wailmer in the same game. Migrated to Platinum, where it still sits.
    3. A Machop in LeafGreen. This is the only one I didn't catch: I lowered its health into the red, but when I went to get a Poke Ball, I accidentally selected Run. I'm still kicking myself.
    3. A female Torkoal in Emerald, in Team Magma's hideout. Sits next to my shiny Wailmer in Platinum.

More luck than I ever thought I'd have.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    A shiny Shinx in Pearl. I was really excited because I'd never managed to see a shiny in my older games before.

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • my first shiny was a graveller i caught on mt. coronet that i didnt even notice was shiny, i just caught it to be an hm slave and like a month later realized it was shiny

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • My first shiny was in FireRed. I was travelling through Viridian Forest, and got into a battle. I had found a Caterpie. But, y'know what? It was golden, and the shiny animation made it look like it had gotten hit by a shooting star. I caught it immediatly, because I knew it was something special. Later that day, my friend came over and was like, "Ohmygodyoucaughtashinyohmygodyou'resoluckyohmygod." I had no idea what he was talking about, but now I do. I traded it for a shiny Eevee with perfect IVs, though.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    My first shiny was a Ponyta. I found this shiny Ponyta in the grass while I was playing Pokemon Diamond, I guess. Even though I had played the older games as well, I never found a shiny till then.
    It was only after that when I found a shiny Graveler in Victory Road in Pokemon Emerald. It used self-destruct. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    My first one was a Shiny Caterpie in Gold (or was it Crystal, I forget). Caught it in the Bug Catching Contest- I thought a Shiny pokemon would win the contest but it had no effect in prizes (the Caterpie alone was prize enough though).

Imagine my surprise when it turned into a pink Butterfree! (All thoughts flooded back to the Goodbye Butterfree episode)

My first one in Emerald was a Wingull in the sea routes (nicknamed Seabreeze and became my contest winner), in Platinum was a Golbat (looks yucky) in Iron Island and in Diamond was (another) Wingull outside Fuego Ironworks. I like the Green Wingulls though, one of the better Shinies

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • I've seen about five shinies in my time of playing Pokemon. First, it was a yellow colored Oddish in Sapphire. Unfortunately, I had no idea what a shiny Pokemon was at that time (I was still fairly new to Pokemon), so I got kinda freaked out and ran away. Second, was an orange Cacnea, again in Sapphire. Then it was a mint-colored Marril in Ruby, followed by gold Geodude in Leafgreen. The last shiny I saw was an orange Poochyena in Emerald. Sadly, in used Roar before I could catch it ):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back