• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
Years
  • Isn't it special when you for the first time catches a shiny (exept Gyarados)?. I want you to tell how when and how it felt when you first catched one. For my self so did I encounted my first shiny EVER just a few minutes ago (And yes, I have played pokemon since 2000). I was just going over to the burned tower to catch a Magmar for my pokedex entries and who is the first pokemon I encounter down the ladder? It's a shiny Magmar :D I had my strong team so I would had to be careful but with a paralyzing move and some Ultra balls so did I finally catched it, my first shiny :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    Awesome!

It feels awesome when you first catch a shiny ^^
    I just caught mine this morning. A shiny ratata. And i just started playing SS yesterday :D

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
  • I remember on my first playthrough of Pokemon FireRed I was training my Eevee because at the time I didn't have any way to send it to Emerald to make it become an Espeon, anyway I was surfing around on small area of land above Six Island in a small body of water and a Shiny Tentacruel appeared I can't describe how excited I was when that happened.

Years
  • I remember that my shiny was a shiny Ratatta in HG/SS on my way up to catch Ho-oh. I didn't try to weaken it as my Pokemon were about 30 levels above his, so I just threw an Ultra Ball at it and it was caught.
    I felt pretty excited then since I've been playing since LeafGreen and never encountered any before

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
  • Ahhh in Emerald, a shiny Loudred. I was in the Victory road and looked away from the screen for a sec, and there it was!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Well... it's hard to remember I think it was in FR/LG at route (7?) the one with Jigglypuff near Mt. Moon.
    The colour looks like a regular J-Puff colour so it was confusing luckily for me, good ol' Bulbasaur paralyzed it.

Years
  • My first shiny was my Poochyena on Ruby, when I was heading back down to Littleroot to get an amulet coin after defeating my mum, which brought back memories when I used to read Pokemon X before the guy stopped updating.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Whismur on Ruby. I didn't know what a shiny was, but I caught it cause I thought it was sick and I felt bad for it. lol I don't have him anymore, but every shiny after that, I do have.

Years
  • My first shiny was a Rhyhorn in LeafGreen. Not only was that in itself cool, but the fact that I caught it in the Safari Zone (which, as you know, is a lot harder than catching Pokemon anywhere else) made it all that much better.

FYI, that is still the only shiny that I've caught, to this very day.

Rando

Lives to Eat
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Noctowl in Crystal. I remember I was hunting for a legendary and thought that I found one, since the music was different, but it turned out to be a different coloured Noctowl.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
    Years
  • None!But My Friend got a Shiny Geodude.And according to him,"Who Cares?I AM ULTIMATE!Like Shadow in Sonic the Hedgehog."

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
  • I've ran into a fair few shiny's in my gaming history. The only one's I can remember were Shiny Weavile and Shiny Starly. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Sorry, I've never seen a shiny Pokemon (except for Gyarados, of course) and never caught one. My congrats to those who have.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • my first shiny was actually that red gyradous from lake rage, i know, my bad luck, but then i got a shinf tailow and zigzagoon in ruby and trained the tailow and it really felt good.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I wasn't too phased when I caught my first shiny, it was a Geodude, I'm not too fond of that Pokémon. It had a useless nature anyway so I traded it. I've hatched and caught quite a few shiny Pokémon since then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back