• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aakeosu

Archaeopteryx
Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    My first shiny was a random Cubone in Platinum during a swarm. A few hours later, a shiny Starly appears. Both were evolved, but eventually traded. Recently, I've hatched a shiny Pichu, with Volt Tackle.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    I have encountered possibly one of the most hard and inside-killing ways to get it. My first shiny ever was when I was driving to my cabin house in the woods, I was playing Diamond and I went in the Safari Zone. I was just walking around, and then I saw the Quagsire shadow appear. But then I noticed the sparkles and the purplish on it, so I knew it was a shiny. I was amazed. And I didn't know what to do. I was afraid that it would flee. So I just threw a Pokeball. The first one failed and I closed my eyes expecting to hear those shoes run away. Then I broke down and threw another, and I caught it.

I don't know what those chances are of catching a shiny without moving any closer in the Safari Zone.

But I was extremely happy. I had no idea how to use the Pokeradar and I literally screamed when I heard the Pokeball click. Sadly, I had forgot about it when I wanted to restart my game. It was also on my Pokemon Revolution which I was glad I imported, but I had also forgot about that when I returned the game to Gamestop.

My first and only shiny I have received on my own is gone. But I hope to find more.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    My first shiny was a Paras in Mt.Moon in Lea Green but I didn't know what Shinies were and Released it after hearing it was a Virus.

My second Shiny other than the Red Gyra in SS,was a Zigzagoon in Ruby,you know that Zigzagoon that you must save Prof. Birch from.Let's just say because of the lack of Pokéballs swearing was involved. (Happened last month.)

My brohter on the other hand gets lucky and gets a Shiny Adament Marill with Huge Power and transfers it to Diamond at Lvl 5 when I relize it's a Untouched Marill.Then decides to deleate his game out of boredom without offering me the Marill so I could EV it :/

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Shiny Krabby on Crystal. It looked silver in those games, so I nicknamed it Silver. Evolved it into a Kingler, then my internal battery died. Wanna know how badly I cried? 8D

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    the first shiny i've ever found was a zubat, the first shiny i caught was Voltorb, but the saddest thing that ever occured to me was at january this year, i found a shiny gyarados while EV training my shelgon, i caught it, and a few minutes later, i was like: "oh darn it, HGSS comes out in at least 2 months, i got ripped off."

Years
  • I've never caught a shiny in a Pokémon game except for the Red Gyarados. My cousin's caught a shiny Beedrill on Gold version and a shiny Bidoof on Pearl version, and my brother's friend caught a shiny Zubat on Diamond version.

Years
  • My first shiny I have ever caught (Besides Gyrados) was a shiny Ponyta.

I adored that Ponyta because of it's blue flame that was on it's mane.

I caught it using the Poke-radar on my platinum game. I was trilled when I got to 40 and even more excited when a sparkle was on the grass. I knew that If I missed this opportunity, or step in the wrong grass patch and a Bidoof comes up (which I would send out my level 100 Metagross to squash that little thing for breaking my chain but Bidoof weren't in that route), It would be all over.

I got a Critical hit after using stun spore, which I feared because if it died... well.... lets just hope that don't happen. it was at red plus it was an easy target so attacking may not of been Necessary.

I got it in a shiny red Pokeball and had it trained with my best 5 Pokemon.

This is the same day I found an unclaimed $100 in the woods, but no one was there and no complaints has been made about it. Ironic.

This was on my platinum game, my first game to get, on my birthday, along with my first DsI, which saddens me because I lost the game...

A friend let me have his diamond along with TWEWY. So i hope to get another shiny on diamond and make it my first, second Pokemon game to get.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Shiny Steelix. It looked so awesome because it was gold. Here's a sprite! :D
    Spr_4h_208_m_s.png

Anyway, I found it when travelling through the Victory Road for the first time in Pokemon Diamond. I had no idea what pokemon could be found in the Victory Road, and I was shocked to see a Steelix (this one was not shiny, btw. ;)) Anyway, after trying to catch it, I gave up. Due to the fact that normally the only way to get it was through trading a Onix with a Metal Coat, I decided that I was going to catch one.

I continued going through the cave, and then I found it. :D It looked amazing in my opinion" :) I managed to catch it, but didn't have any use for it, so I left it in my Box. I've lost my Pokemon Diamond now, though. Luckily, I managed to find a shiny Meowth in Pokemon Soul Silver. :)
    Spr_4h_052_s.png
    It looks a bit rubbish, but when it evolves, it looks a bit better in my opinion. :D
    Spr_4h_053_s.png

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
  • My first shiny was RNG'd Cranidos, but i dont count that. Then when I was trying to get a shiny torchic in Sapphire, the Poochyena was shiny. Then a couple months ago I caught a shiny grimer in HG.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • It was Shiny Onix on Pokemon Red.
    RGBY didn't have shinies. However, if you trade a mon from RGBY to GSC, it could become shiny, is that what you meant?

Anyway, my first excluding Gyarados was a Weedle, which I caught and evolved into a Beedrill. My second excluding Gyarados was a Larvitar less than a week later.

Radekal

Bone Keeper
    Years
  • My first one was a shiny Graveler in Platinum. I was training up my Tentacruel when it just randomly popped up. I was soooo happy :D When I was catching it I prayed for it not to use explosion :D

Years
  • I haven't caught a shiny yet :(

I've seen two though, I don't remember what they were, but when I saw them each time, I thought my game was glitching (ssh, I was a kid, haha) so I turned it off and blew in the cartridge and stuff.

It was in Gold, by the way. Ahh, memories

Brave Jonah

Ground Trainer
    Years
  • Game: Pokemon Ruby
    First Shiny: Ralts

I remember it vividly. I freaked out and called my best mate and ranted about how cool the blue helmet looked compared to the green. It was when I saw the Pokedex for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl; there stood Gallade in all of his Psycho Cutting glory. So, that did me in; I traded my shiny Ralts (I had just left him in a box unused) over to Diamond where he became a shiny Gallade; I snagged Chimchar as my starter, and I stepped into a new region as a fighting trainer. Since then, I've made a switch to ground type training but still hold a dear place in Box 1 for my shiny Gallade.

Last edited:

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • The first shiny I caught (after Gyarados) was Magby on Crystal. I got the egg from the pension and man, I was so surprised and happy when I saw it!^^ I taught it Dynamic Punch, Psychic, Flamethrower and Fire Storm (fun fact: Did you know that the shape of Fire Storm is "fire" in japanese?^^) but unfortunately, I don't have it anymore...^^ But I encountered tons of shinies since them (Zigzagoon, Linoone, Tentacool, Stantler, Lairon, Porygon2 and many, many others...^^)

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • RGBY didn't have shinies. However, if you trade a mon from RGBY to GSC, it could become shiny, is that what you meant?

Anyway, my first excluding Gyarados was a Weedle, which I caught and evolved into a Beedrill. My second excluding Gyarados was a Larvitar less than a week later.

Actually, it can't. That's like trading a Sinnoh Pokemon to Pokemon FireRed.

Aside from Gyarados in Gold, my first shiny was probably a Slowpoke that I evolved into a Slowking. I still have it, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back