• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Do you think this game will connect with HOME?

Years
  • This just popped into my head, and I'm honestly not sure what to think since I can see it going both ways and the game ending up separate from the main series. Do you think Legends: Arceus will be able to transfer to/from HOME? If it does, do you think you'd ever try bringing anyone over?

pkmin3033

It most definitely will, because I can't imagine subscribers would be pleased if it didn't - Home is supposed to be a hub for your Pokemon collection in a similar fashion to Bank, so if Legends wasn't compatible with it, as a main series title, that wouldn't do much to prompt people to waste their money on a Home subscription. But I feel as though it *might* be a postgame feature, because Game Freak tend to do silly thing like lock difficulty options behind game completion, or trading behind getting the first Gym badge, and so on. But I don't think a question of IF rather than WHEN there will be connectivity.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • But computers don't exist in the time period Legends takes place in, so it wouldn't make sense for these games to connect to Pokemon home? Unless "boxes" in these games are storage bins instead, lmfao. But, I'm up in the air about Home connectivity for this one, I honestly don't think I'd use it since it wouldn't make sense, since these games happen so far back into the past.

Years
  • I'm inclined to agree with Dawn that they'll connect - we do pay a lot for HOME compared to the 3DS's Bank, and there are already drawbacks that people don't like (like GO requiring 'energy' to transfer things to HOME, which is something that recharges over time, despite many people already paying a subscription for the app itself). Having Legends not connect would probably not go over well with people. I'll probably bring some over anyway even if it may not make too much sense with the time period we're in, would love to see my mons in something other than a main series game!

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
    Years
  • I'm really hoping it does, but I'm just not sure if it will. It would be really nice if it did, but the fact that we're only getting one version of this particular game as far as I know, they actually can just self-contain the collection aspect for once. It could be a a special case of no connectivity whatsoever with Home or even with other players, if they're so inclined. I'd obviously prefer to be able to connect though!

Years
  • I'm certain it will, as someone who is working on a living dex in pokemon home it becomes apparent how many sinnoh pokemon are left out of sw/sh making it a huge pain in the backside to get pokemon introduced in gen 4 into home.

I'm inclined to agree with Dawn that they'll connect - we do pay a lot for HOME compared to the 3DS's Bank, and there are already drawbacks that people don't like (like GO requiring 'energy' to transfer things to HOME, which is something that recharges over time, despite many people already paying a subscription for the app itself). Having Legends not connect would probably not go over well with people. I'll probably bring some over anyway even if it may not make too much sense with the time period we're in, would love to see my mons in something other than a main series game!

Also this, as much as I prefer home because I can do things from the phone app it doesn't feel like it's worth the extra money.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    There's no way Nintendo is going to turn down another chance to have more people connect to another subscription service.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Since it's a part of the main game like LGPE, expect it to be connectable to Home...

They'll include a way for this in that era, likely via an NPC who can travel in time with a Celebi... Or a new Rotom appliance?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I highly doubt it, even if its restricted to an after game only thing, I just don't see them putting in the effort to create animations and sprites for all the possible pokemon.

Yeah let me just bring in my Kyogre real quick, with its ability to just suddenly call down rain. I'm sure they planned weather effects. -_- right?

even though the only animation we've seen involves pokemon literally sliding forward and back, it would still require optimizing that movement for every sprite involved across every battle area to avoid clipping. I just don't see them putting in the time and effort for that even with a year or so left on development, which isn't really that long for development.

...dang what if they palparked it? You beat the game and unlock a new area populated with yet unseen pokemon to catch, which are the pokemon you add with Home... that would be some stuff.

Last edited:

AussieJimmy

Jimmy
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to it. I think the franchise is moving into an open world type game. Which is want I am personally looking forward to

I would love to see a full open world like The Witcher 3. You could have different biomes with different types of pokemon. You could have it that each biome has its own starting level (that way you have to progress to get certain pokemon, you can't go catching your dream team in the first couple of hours). And as you get gym badges, the lower areas rise their starting level that way post game the entire world is at lvl 60 or 70 like in the Wild area in Sw/Sh.

You can have in game events to restrict certain elements eg you have to defeat x amount of gym leaders to face a specific gym leader.
    Or you can scale the gyms so that you can do them in any order and the A.I will adjust the gym leaders team and levels accordingly. This then creates a variety of ways of how you can progress through the game and adds replay value.
    And also depending on some of your choices, you should get two or three entirely different sub plots and you only get to play one base on how you play through and on your decisions. Further adding replay value.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • I'm not sure.

If they did I think a lot of stat conversion and one-way systems may have to be in place.
    It looks like Legends will be a real time game, which means stats (if they're are any) will more than likely function differently, and/or be calculated very differently.
    Gen1 - Gen6/7 had stat recalculation but it was only for minor updates in how the games played. Legends could be on an entirely different level that we may not comprehend fully yet.

Pokémon has not been real-time as it looks in the trailer before.

Years
  • This just popped into my head, and I'm honestly not sure what to think since I can see it going both ways and the game ending up separate from the main series. Do you think Legends: Arceus will be able to transfer to/from HOME? If it does, do you think you'd ever try bringing anyone over?

Most probably yes, seems like their marketing strategy now is to make a "pokemon universe" and connect all games and apps together and make certain special events/pokemon only available is you use a certain platform.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am 100% certain it will connect to home. As others have stated, there is no way they are going to make new Pokemon and Regional Variants and not include them in home. They will probably be introduced later depending on the environment. If they wanted the game to be separate, they wouldn't have made new pokemon.

Plus they are advertising Arceus way more than BDSP.

I can also see them including something special if we send pokemon over to Leegnds, but I think what we can send over will be very limited.

Years
  • i think they've already confirmed the connection with HOME. I ll be kinda sad if they let u transfer those ancient/extinct pokemon to the other games, it would kinda ruin the lore, but it's never been a problem for GF lol. Indeed i wander what it's going to happen when these pokemon will be transferred to new games: I mean, till now it looks like they don't have abilities and even the other statistics are just different. Also, I d be curious to know what could be written in their pokedex entries, if they ll ever get one lol. And how they justify us receiving an extinct pokemon lol. I don't wanna be pessimist, but they probably won't justify anything. if it was so, i d be very sad, because LPA seems to be a game that tries to focus more in depth on the lore. so, it would be a step back...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • i think they've already confirmed the connection with HOME. I ll be kinda sad if they let u transfer those ancient/extinct pokemon to the other games, it would kinda ruin the lore, but it's never been a problem for GF lol. Indeed i wander what it's going to happen when these pokemon will be transferred to new games: I mean, till now it looks like they don't have abilities and even the other statistics are just different. Also, I d be curious to know what could be written in their pokedex entries, if they ll ever get one lol. And how they justify us receiving an extinct pokemon lol. I don't wanna be pessimist, but they probably won't justify anything. if it was so, i d be very sad, because LPA seems to be a game that tries to focus more in depth on the lore. so, it would be a step back...

They never confirmed that these new forms were extinct. My guess it just depends on the environment. I don't see how it would break lore, especially since we suddenly have Alolan Vulpix now that you would expect to be in all snowy areas where Vulpix can be found in the given region. Especially now that we have a place where fossil pokemon are still very much alive in Crowned Tundra.

Wyrdeer and Braviary - Probably just needs to be a colder environment.
    Voltorb - I can't see a reason why you couldn't find one in a jungle or forest.
    Basculegion - I don't see why it couldn't be there in future games. This one to me is no different than say Yanma and Yanmega.
    Kleavor - Specifically states specific minerals is why it evolved. There can always be more of these minerals in other regions, it was just depleted in Sinnoh.
    Zorua and Zoroark - No reason why this can't exist anymore either. Especially since humans just have to bully it, which would probably be even more common in today's world than the original.

Last edited:
    Back