• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated Pokémon you like

Years
    • Seen today
    Slaking. It's so immensely powerful that the ability doesn't bother me...against the A.I. It definitely hurts in multiplayer.

I still love slaking anyways

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Everyone hates on Eiscue. But, Eiscue is one of my favorite Pokemon from Galar. I love this adorable ice cube penguin. I don't understand the dislike for it?

Years
  • Crustle, it's an amazing Pokemon with great design and decent potential in battle thanks to Shell Smash but people like to dismiss it as a Gen 5 copy/version of Kingler and they don't see how unique and amazing Crustle actually is.

Years
  • Arbok and Ekans. I know they are pretty bad by competitive standards but I really liked them as a kid, especially Jessie's Arbok and the base set Ekans card.

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Would Corphish/Crawdaunt be considered underrated? He ends up on my team most of the time. And Mudbray/Mudsdale.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I love Eiscue :pleaplup: I also like Aromatisse and Shiinotic a lot

Years
  • +1 on Eiscue, I really like it for whatever reason. I also like one of the most hated Pokemon in Unova being Vanilluxe, and I'm not sure how this Pokemon fares but I reaaaally like Oricorio too (specifically the Baile form)

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    The two thirds of the Simi trio . I always use them whenever I go back. Fairly cool design concept and I like how they pulled it off.
    The disliked one is simipour because it killed my starter in a nuzlocke.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I really like Unown, always have. I think they're such a neat concept, and with that I'm not too bothered that they aren't battling Pokemon, since conceptually they're awesome.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Overall, many. About half of the ignored or badly recieved mons out there I either like or don't mind because I'm aware that everyon can be good if used right. As some notable examples:

- Lickilicky. Of course I don't love it's design, I just love using it. Ironically, I was actively looking up weird mons that nobody seemed to use as I was looking up recipients for an old homemade personal Egglocke of mine, and decided I would give it a chance. Basically unkillable, coverage for days, and hits surprisingly hard for a defensive creature? Yes. I've pretty much guaranteed myself to go out of my way to get one to use in the upcoming remakes, hopefully in both versions.

- Incineroar. Not sure if it counts, but I still hear some people complain about it, so I think it's still fair. Admittedly yes, I was originally disapointed it it. While I do like it's base form, for some reason I expected it to have the worst looking final form and even I was still unimpressed. But that feeling only lasted for about a week or two after I first saw it and as time passed I began to think it was somewhat cool and grew to like it. Of course, it is very random and those are possibly the weirdest proportioned hands I have seen on any creature, but that's about it. I was also very impressed by using it too. I prefer using it in the Ultras where we can get Fire punch more easily and it can get Double kick to substitute before being able to learn Brick break on the final form, but overall, I did have a lot of fun using it.

Also slightly unrelated, but it is also the only starter line for gen7 where I like all members of the line. When I first saw all the starter middle stages, Torracat was originally my least favourite because it looked too similar to the pre evo, but very shortly after it became my favourite gen7 starter middle stage. Yeah, better to not change much be stay good than change a lot but be bad. I have grown on the other two middle stages though even if they aren't my favourite.

- Leavanny. Who cares about those weaknesses if you're fast, hit like a truck, and learns all sorts of overpowered moves? My absolute tank of a Chandelure is still the MVP of my first Black Nuzrun, and my Leavanny in that same run was my second favourite team member. Never, not even once did I need to care about it's weaknesses because it one shot so many things.

- Inteleon. For some reason I never really thought too badly of it's design, although that's possibly because of the badass potrayal of it I have in mind for whenever I feel like documenting my original gen8 Nuzruns. That and both times I used it it pulled through greatly. It seems like we will have to wait a long, LONG time to see another generation where the Water starter isn't my favourite.

- The Chikorita line. I fully accept the fact that it was just unfortunate that the gyms of it's game had to be most of the ones not used in gen1, where almost all of them have an advantage on it. I have tried using it in ROM hacks and randomizers where it doesn't have this disadvantage, and I had a good time using all of them. Admittedly yes, a defensive pure Grass isn't really a great combination, but I tried to make it work out. Meganium also has a great movepool for pretty much anything which made each time using it pretty refreshing as well.

- Most or if not all gimmick mons. Not all creatures have to be amazing, and some have to serve a role in the lore of the region or area, which I do not mind because some of it is pretty cool.

- All the two stage Route 1 Normal mons. The funny thing is I very much remember admitting that I used to not like them and now I'm here admitting that too many sleep on them. They aren't the best things in the category, of course, but they are feasible if you know what you're doing and I myself have used enough of them to know that all of them can be worth your effort if you try.

- Rampardos. Well, not so much like, but I do sometimes feel I'm the only one who doesn't not like this thing. Yes, it's annoying that it has no stats other than physical attack, but hey, if you manage to get one with a speed boosting nature of any kind, it can definitely help even if it takes soft resetting. The one I had in an old Sun Nuzrun I did was Naive and helped me get through way too many opponents. If I could make that run a duolocke with only it and my Adamant Decidueye, I would not mind.

- A whole bunch of mons that people diss on based on deign that I personally don't think the design is too bad. Way too many to list here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I dunno if this counts as underused but Stakataka. I ignored it all of gen 7 cuz I thought it was ugly, but as soon as I discovered the beauty that is trick room dynamax doubles Stakataka holding grassy seed (due to Rillaboom partner) with body press, it was always on my team. I was pretty convinced it was OU but was surprised to see it in RU on Smogon.

Back