• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I love nature shows. I watched Planet Earth when I showed on TV every night it was on. There are such weird things on the planet. Like creatures that live in acidic water.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The only nature show i watch is Too Cute. That counts, right?!

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm never returning home, because China sucks.

not just because no freedom, it's because that turns it into a boring hole of nothing.
One thing you should know about Australia is that it has several unique plants and animals that aren't found anywhere else, but yeah who ever knew that an echidna looked like a porcupine mixed with an anteater? Everyone has different thoughts on different animals after all.

isn't Australia the place where all the things that can kill you meet

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Can koalas kill you? They're so cute. ;c

And I'm just a boring American. Nothing else. Not that I mind. :I

Contrary to common belief, Koala's are incredibly dangerous.

Most people know them by the name 'drop bears'. They drop out of the trees and onto your head. You'll die before you hit the floor.

A few years ago the Australian special forces attempted to tame the bears as a deployable attack-bear for guerrilla warfare. Over 100 soldiers lost their lives, and the single bear they were trying to wrangle escaped unharmed.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Contrary to common belief, Koala's are incredibly dangerous.

Most people know them by the name 'drop bears'. They drop out of the trees and onto your head. You'll die before you hit the floor.

A few years ago the Australian special forces attempted to tame the bears as a deployable attack-bear for guerrilla warfare. Over 100 soldiers lost their lives, and the single bear they were trying to wrangle escaped unharmed.

....well then.

Looks like I have a new phobia, aside from dogs. :I

Honest

Hi!
Years
God, books make them look all innocent and adorable, minus the claws. They even sound cute. Koala. Kolaaaaaaaaaaaaaala.

Are kangaroos dangerous. If you tell me that movie with the boxing kangaroo is a true story, I'll eat my mouse. Computer mouse that is.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Since we're talking about animals, I feel like I should introduce y'all to the national bird of New Zealand, the kiwi!
Also known as the most defenceless bird alive today!
tumblr_misjpyRkIx1rpof3oo1_1280.jpg

The kiwi has no natural way to defend itself, for it cannot fly, it is either blind or near-blind, it cannot defend itself against any predator because it has no actual way to fight back, it's continued existence in the 21st century is a true example of sheer dumb luck. By the way, it only lays one egg a year and if a predator manages to find that egg, oops!! The kiwi has to wait until next year before it can lay another egg!!

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
God, books make them look all innocent and adorable, minus the claws. They even sound cute. Koala. Kolaaaaaaaaaaaaaala.

Are kangaroos dangerous. If you tell me that movie with the boxing kangaroo is a true story, I'll eat my mouse. Computer mouse that is.

I'm afraid to say they are quite dangerous, rather than boxing they are in fact a lot more likely to kick you.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
If you want to talk about crazy Australian animals, talk about cassowaries!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back