• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

Years
    • Seen today
    Hope to see improvements in utilizing the woman's division of AEW. Lots of talent (Shida, Abadon, Deeb, the list goes on and on). Yet they typically get slotted into one short match per show.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • Hope to see improvements in utilizing the woman's division of AEW. Lots of talent (Shida, Abadon, Deeb, the list goes on and on). Yet they typically get slotted into one short match per show.

That's because just like in WWE, AEW focuses more on the men than they do on the women. Which is sad because with both companies, they have a lot of talent on the women's division, but not everyone gets used or they tend to push whoever makes them the most money in merch.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • I said this on Discord and wasn't sure I wanted to put it here... but I guess I'll put it here too...

For those who haven't heard already or aren't aware... Sasha Banks and Naomi walked out of WWE Raw as it was on the air this past Monday over creative. They were forced to change the main event to what was shown that night.

I'm not giving my opinion on this because it's god damn obvious who was in the right here (hint: it ain't Vince and his puppets).

I can't wait to see them on AEW tonight and for WWE to finally start a downward spiral they can't climb out of 🙄

Can WWE just go out of business already please so I can stop hearing about shit like this? 😑

I heard about this on some of the review podcasts, what a way to kick off another week in wrestling. I'm waiting to hear Sasha and Naomi's side of the story because so far we've just gotten snippets from some people working backstage and then there's WWE's official response which they put out. At the end of the day though, will this walk-out by 2 of WWE's major stars make much of a difference as far as how the women's division is booked and presented? I don't know, wouldn't be surprised if nothing changes and it's business as usual. Besides, there's always a chance of Sasha and Naomi returning to WWE later on anyway (Cody, anyone?) so I'm not celebrating just yet. Let's give this a couple of months.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Hope to see improvements in utilizing the woman's division of AEW. Lots of talent (Shida, Abadon, Deeb, the list goes on and on). Yet they typically get slotted into one short match per show.

AEW is lucky enough to have WWE as an example that they can learn from to avoid making the same mistakes so they still have plenty of chances to build up and offer a credible women's division. So far I'm happy with what they've done with Jade Cargill, not only is she getting better in the ring but promo wise and character wise too. But they have fumbled Thunder Rosa's run as champ, she isn't treated as a big deal like Brit Baker when she had the title. I hope they can sort that out quick while fans are still invested in Rosa.

Years
    • Seen today
    It's definitely important to focus on those outside the main event scene aside from Jade/Brit. When a credible midcard scene is built, it makes the title contenders much more important and there's always someone ready to jump in and keep things fresh.

Find this to be an issue with WWE too. They built Roman as an absolute dominating star, but the mid-card doesn't match so it leaves contenders who clearly don't have a chance. They attempted to push Nakamura as a challenger and backed out due to a lack of credibility.

They are doing okay with Deeb/Shida. Shida has already had the title in the past.

Years
  • Well Naomi and Sasha banks have been indefinitely suspended. Heck they both were scheduled to get title shots at Hell In a Cell, even if they were going to lose I wouldn't complain about getting a title shot. I know the WWE don't want to take the belts off of Belair and Rousey yet.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • It's definitely important to focus on those outside the main event scene aside from Jade/Brit. When a credible midcard scene is built, it makes the title contenders much more important and there's always someone ready to jump in and keep things fresh.

Find this to be an issue with WWE too. They built Roman as an absolute dominating star, but the mid-card doesn't match so it leaves contenders who clearly don't have a chance. They attempted to push Nakamura as a challenger and backed out due to a lack of credibility.

They are doing okay with Deeb/Shida. Shida has already had the title in the past.

It's one of the benefits of AEW's ranking system, we can keep track of who is moving up towards contendership and avoid situations where someone has to beat a champion in order to challenge them like what usually happens in WWE. Deeb is a good example, she slowly made her way up while feuding with Shida and also doing her Professor's 5 Minute Challenge matches and now she's going to face Rosa for the title at Double or Nothing. Maybe this could turn into a feud between them too and we get a few more matches until the next challenger comes along or if there's going to be a rematch between Rosa and Britt. AEW has a lot of work to do and I am confident they'll do better with time.

I think they just didn't see Nakamura as the big star that he is, because his time on the main roster has been mostly terrible. He won his very first Royal Rumble match, went on to face AJ Styles for the WWE title at Wrestlemania in a match which wasn't as great as their New Japan matches and wasn't even the main event...and he turned heel too. Fast forward to now, he's nowhere near the world title scene and I don't have high hopes for him reaching that scene any time soon. Had he left WWE like Kushida maybe we would be looking forward to seeing Nakamura at that Forbidden Door event.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Well Naomi and Sasha banks have been indefinitely suspended. Heck they both were scheduled to get title shots at Hell In a Cell, even if they were going to lose I wouldn't complain about getting a title shot. I know the WWE don't want to take the belts off of Belair and Rousey yet.

Thanks for sharing this update, I hadn't caught up on the latest news yet. It doesn't make sense why they would have their tag team champions face the two women's champions in matches they weren't going to win anyway at a PPV/PLE which isn't among the major ones, but leave it to WWE to book themselves into silly corners like this when they could easily avoid doing so. Now that the tag titles are vacant and a tournament will be held to crown the next ones, let's see how that tournament will be handled and who the new champions will be. WWE has a chance to make the most of this and put the titles on a team that could properly lead the division....or they'll just not take this seriously and the division continues to be a joke.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    The free passes could be given to anyone, as long as it fits whatever angle or storyline that's being played out e.g. free agent Brock Lesnar a few months ago and for some reason Seth Rollins when he was on Smackdown to challenge Roman at the Rumble. Also remember the short-lived "wild card rule"? So even those secondary titles may not be as firm as they appear to be. The women's titles though have more of a chance to stick with their respective brands and we don't see the champions popping up on the opposite show until it's Survivor Series season or something. But for now while there is a unified world title and an upcoming unification of the tag titles, maybe we'll get a unification of the women's titles after that.

Yeah, definitely a work around that they gave themselves so that the draft does not pigeon hole something that they absolutely want to do. I think each time around draft season they basically give themselves license to write or rewrite their own rules and they can decide how long that they want to play by those rules, where sometimes it was only two or three months. Not ideally how I'd like them to go about it, but it is definitely the landscape we have seen.

Years
    • Seen today
    I wish YouTubers wouldn't put spoilers on the thumbnail.

Accidently tabbed into YouTube and the main event was spoiled from a homepage recommendation showing the title holder.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Yeah, definitely a work around that they gave themselves so that the draft does not pigeon hole something that they absolutely want to do. I think each time around draft season they basically give themselves license to write or rewrite their own rules and they can decide how long that they want to play by those rules, where sometimes it was only two or three months. Not ideally how I'd like them to go about it, but it is definitely the landscape we have seen.

When you've got a 70+ year old man in charge of the whole operation, who can change decisions on the day of or even hours before a show starts I think fans should just expect WWE to not stick to all their rules or history 😅 they aren't being pushed enough to improve their product, not while there are plenty of streams for them to make so much money, so they'll just continue offering what we see week to week.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • I wish YouTubers wouldn't put spoilers on the thumbnail.

Accidently tabbed into YouTube and the main event was spoiled from a homepage recommendation showing the title holder.

Sorry about that. I got spoiled while I was searching for the Buy In. I'd guess some of those channels do it to gain more views, but if it is wrestling news channel then since the event has already happened then they'll want to have a headline. What did you think of Double or Nothing overall?

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry about that. I got spoiled while I was searching for the Buy In. I'd guess some of those channels do it to gain more views, but if it is wrestling news channel then since the event has already happened then they'll want to have a headline. What did you think of Double or Nothing overall?

I'll go through each match.

Hook and Danhausen was a fun little match. Curious to how strong hook will be booked as he moves up the card.

Was a little conflicted on MJF vs Wardlow. I understand why it was supposed to be a squash, but MJF has been booked as one of the most competent wrestlers on the roster too. I think they could have a back and fourth match with the same pay off as long as MJF gets powerbombed a bunch of times.

Hardys and Young Bucks was fun too. Surprised Young Bucks took the loss. I guess this means there are plans for the Hardys soon. Swanton on the steps made me wince a little.

I liked Jade vs Anna. It was fun. Jade was sloppy, but that doesn't always mean the overall match is bad. Undefeated streaks in wrestling are some of the most fun things. I guess Athena will be ending her streak soon.

I think the House of Black vs Death Triangle match would have benefited more from Pac on offense, not struggling for the hot tag.

Cole and Joe was too short and weak. Seems the boom with the lowered knee pad is treated like one of the strongest finishers.

I liked the Britt Baker/Ruby match. Britt is always good.

Didn't watch the American Top Team match.

Kyle vs Darby was my favorite. Botched suicide dive wasn't cool. Glad Kyle is getting showcased. Great wrestler.

Got spoiled on the woman's title match with Rosa vs Deeb too. I have trouble getting into matches when I know the outcome. Destroys so much excitement.

Anarchy in the Arena was cool, but I was beginning to tire.

Was too tired for the Jurrasic Express match.

Planned on pausing and sleeping before the world title match, got spoiled before I could return to it.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I guess Edge is the new Big Show now with how much he's flip flopping.

Also... see you in 6 months Cody 😭

win the rumble pls. kthxbye

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • I'll go through each match.

Hook and Danhausen was a fun little match. Curious to how strong hook will be booked as he moves up the card.

Was a little conflicted on MJF vs Wardlow. I understand why it was supposed to be a squash, but MJF has been booked as one of the most competent wrestlers on the roster too. I think they could have a back and fourth match with the same pay off as long as MJF gets powerbombed a bunch of times.

Hardys and Young Bucks was fun too. Surprised Young Bucks took the loss. I guess this means there are plans for the Hardys soon. Swanton on the steps made me wince a little.

I liked Jade vs Anna. It was fun. Jade was sloppy, but that doesn't always mean the overall match is bad. Undefeated streaks in wrestling are some of the most fun things. I guess Athena will be ending her streak soon.

I think the House of Black vs Death Triangle match would have benefited more from Pac on offense, not struggling for the hot tag.

Cole and Joe was too short and weak. Seems the boom with the lowered knee pad is treated like one of the strongest finishers.

I liked the Britt Baker/Ruby match. Britt is always good.

Didn't watch the American Top Team match.

Kyle vs Darby was my favorite. Botched suicide dive wasn't cool. Glad Kyle is getting showcased. Great wrestler.

Got spoiled on the woman's title match with Rosa vs Deeb too. I have trouble getting into matches when I know the outcome. Destroys so much excitement.

Anarchy in the Arena was cool, but I was beginning to tire.

Was too tired for the Jurrasic Express match.

Planned on pausing and sleeping before the world title match, got spoiled before I could return to it.

That's a fair review, it was the same for me too overall but unnecessarily long for a PPV 😂 and now at how the AEW landscape has shifted because of the major injuries. We'll get an Interim World Champion (despite some key people not even taking part in the battle royal to crown a potential contender e.g. Wardlow and Hangman Page) and there's a new title which has been introduced, on top of the bunch of titles already present. I can understand the need to scramble to get things in order when injuries happen like this but the creative so far in AEW has left me shaking my head.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • I guess Edge is the new Big Show now with how much he's flip flopping.

Also... see you in 6 months Cody 😭

win the rumble pls. kthxbye

😂 I still don't understand why he blamed the fans when he turned heel, nobody was against him. Now he's been kicked out of his own stable by the newest member and will return a face, how's he going to get fans to rally behind him this time after telling them that the "old Edge" is dead? Time to dig him up and revive him 😂 I get that with Cody going away (for 6 months?!) there needs to be another major face available, so why not Lashley? Cena is coming back but he'll be gone too before we know it.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...named-interim-board-investigation-nda-scandal

Stephanie has taken over temporarily as 'interim' CEO. But he's still running things. Clearly. He's still in charge of creative too. Which is the only important matter here.

Unless the investigation finds something EXTREMELY damning... he ain't going anywhere. The only thing that's really going to get them to finally change for the 'better' is for them to go out of business. Which is what everyone seemingly wants anyway. Because AEW being the new monopoly is absolutely the answer. 🙄

Years
  • Not sure how he is "stepped back" if he's still running creative... tells you everything you need to know about the "investigation" imo

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I'm happy for Liv Morgan. Really. I am. LONG overdue. But there's no chance in hell (haha) that she gets out of this month with the title. She'll lose it to either Charlotte, Bayley, or Ronda in a rematch at SummerSlam.

Also I feel like they are pushing Theory FAR too fast. The only viable outcome here is a failed cash in. Cody needs to be the one to topple Reigns. End of story.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Money in the Bank was a lot of fun. I enjoyed every match.

I liked the winners of both matches. Liv Morgan is very popular and I am intrigued what she can do with the title. I hope she gets a reasonable length reign. I have a feeling she drops it at Summerslam to Charlotte.

The briefcase is about building new stars and Theory has the potential to be that. I think he will wait a while to cash in though.

Back