• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 25, 2020
Hey, I built the file and got the test.gba but the game doesn't load. Any tips?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 25, 2020
I followed the instructions and ran the "make" command. It built the GBA file and the offset configuration file. I can't seem to run the file though. I tried it on the VisualBoyAdvance emulator.

Years
Just a few questions, what does "Follow Me" on "other features" refers to? Is that for NPCs or Pokemons? If it's not pokemons then are there plans to make HG/SS style followers? Crystal Clear has it so I guess it's doable, is it on the to do list?
Also, what about animated battle sprites just like BW2? Doable? Or is there no interest on the feature by the community?

That refers to the follow me in the "last" GIF.
And no, I don't think anyone has actually shown interest in it until now.

I followed the instructions and ran the "make" command. It built the GBA file and the offset configuration file. I can't seem to run the file though. I tried it on the VisualBoyAdvance emulator.

What exactly happens when you boot up the ROM?

SleepySwampert

-def +spdef
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 30, 2021
No matter what I do I can't install this thing. I try to make the file and nothing happens. I type into cmd "C:\Users\Gaming-PC\Desktop\Pokemon\Rom_Hacking\CFRU-master>python scripts//make.py" and literally nothing happens. No error message or anything. I can't find what's wrong and it's frustrating.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
No matter what I do I can't install this thing. I try to make the file and nothing happens. I type into cmd "C:\Users\Gaming-PC\Desktop\Pokemon\Rom_Hacking\CFRU-master>python scripts//make.py" and literally nothing happens. No error message or anything. I can't find what's wrong and it's frustrating.
If nothing shows up add python to PATH

SleepySwampert

-def +spdef
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 30, 2021
I've done that a few times. I JUST reinstalled Python and added it to path but still looks like this

I have a picture of my PATH if that helps. https://imgur.com/a/ANC1UyP[/URL]

Last edited:
Years
I've done that a few times. I JUST reinstalled Python and added it to path but still looks like this

I have a picture of my PATH if that helps. https://imgur.com/a/ANC1UyP[/URL]

It should be like this:
Spoiler:

And then restart your computer.

SleepySwampert

-def +spdef
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 30, 2021
Didn't work unfortunately. I have the details on my thread. This one's a little busier. I'm posting in this one too on the off chance anyone else might know.
But while I'm here I'd like to thank you for helping me. I have respect for people who use their knowledge to help others.

Years
Didn't work unfortunately. I have the details on my thread. This one's a little busier. I'm posting in this one too on the off chance anyone else might know.
But while I'm here I'd like to thank you for helping me. I have respect for people who use their knowledge to help others.

No problem.
This community was built by people helping and sharing.

FireFig

Ignite
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
So which are the lines I should change or comment out in the cfru config.h file if I am using dpe.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 15, 2021
Does this engine maintain the FRs native support for link battles and link trades? I'm making a FireRed QOL hack for me and some friends, the whole idea being that we wanna battle each other using the myBoy emulator.

Thanks for making this! You've given a great gift to us all.

Years
Does this engine maintain the FRs native support for link battles and link trades? I'm making a FireRed QOL hack for me and some friends, the whole idea being that we wanna battle each other using the myBoy emulator.

Thanks for making this! You've given a great gift to us all.

Yes, CFRU supports multiplayer.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
Been trying to get the patch to work but everytime I write 'python scripts//make.py" in the CMD it tells me I need to change to offset in the make.py. I have no clue what I should be changing it to, if someone could help that would be great

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 8, 2020
Hey, figured I'd try posting again with a more concise question this time (Sorry for my previous rambling).

I'm trying to essentially duplicate the HP bar but inverse so it goes up when hit, and then unleash something like a z move without a held item when it's full. There's just a lot of files I've been trying to sift through to figure out how to at least initialize function to go up when damage is taken. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just pointing me in the right file path to start poking around.

Back