• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Seamitar-X

Seamitar-X
Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    I'm unsure where I'm supposed to place my rom, it says to place it in the root and I tried that along with the scripts and master folder but was met with the same message. Am I putting it in the wrong place or is there something else that's wrong?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    So I am trying to add some new abilities to the engine. I'm not too worried about the coding, I can handle that. However, in the documentation (pg. 138) step 1 says to add the ability at the end of include/constants/abilities.h, but the ability list is already at size 0xFE. Is there an issue if I just expand it to 0xFF, then 0x100, 0x101, etc?

My next question is about step 4. It says to add a pointer to the description I just made in step 3. I took a look at the files, and saw that most of the pointers are just a bunch of addresses in hex. How can I find out the address of the description that I made so I can include it?

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Extracted from Leon's CFRU + DPE base: a lot of new items till Gen VII (as well as some of Gen VIII!) with updated TM/HM descriptions! If using, please read the INSTRUCTIONS.txt file thoroughly! Extracted the data since I needed it and I believe a lot of people didn't want to start from his base over again, or just use his base from the beginning over the basic CFRU. But please remember to credit Prof. Leon Dias!

Item_Data.rar

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Well, 40 is probably too much. But it's to support a living dex in the PC, including all forms. I haven't done the exact math, but it's probably closer to 35 boxes, actually.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    If I used the CFRU and wanted to rearrange the pokedex (for example, make Turtwig the first pokemon in the pokedex instead of Bulbasaur), do I just change the text in "include/constants/pokedex.h" to "#define NATIONAL_DEX_TURTWIG 1"?

Or do I also change the text in "include/constants/species.h" to "#define SPECIES_TURTWIG 0x1"? And if I do that, what do I do later down the line when there's already a "#define SPECIES_TURTWIG 0x1B8"?

Thanks for any answers

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    Hello I need help!
    I would like to insert mugshot (when talking to NPC the character's photo appears) but in the CFRU the image is not showing. I inserted it into a clean base from Firered Usa works perfectly, but when compiling the CFRU the character image no longer appears. How can I do this in the CFRU?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Are the CFRU devs planning on adding RSE features to FRLG (Pokénav, Secret Bases, Contest) to turn CFRU into the ultimate Gen 3 engine?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2022
    Hi all! First of all amazing work, thanks to you i'm having fun creating abilities and othe rbattle mechanics.

I have question, is there a way to add new pokemons? because i tried messing around with DPE and obviously the CFRU, but i'm having errors for undefined refereces to the sprites of hackmon in question.
    And if so, is there a guide or tutorial for it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Holy cow, why do you need that many? But don't know a way, sorry.

I'm new to CFRU, but If I wanted to use just one feature of the engine on a previously compiled mod (from another modder) would I be able to change the level cap on said mod without too much hassle? Could I just comment out everything else and use the level cap change? I usually just do the changes via hex editor but this rom has a lot of different values where I usually make the modifications.

ShabitScotland

Samosharott
    Years
  • Hmmm.. something must have went wrong then, the Pokemon shown in AM is just gibberish. I tried my very best to follow the instructions to a T, so I'm not sure where I went wrong. And for whatever reason, the movesets upon leveling in G3T are messed up to, and the new Pokemon in the wild just know struggle. Think there's a correlation there? You're welcome to message me on discord if you are interested in helping me one on one. I'm daviskd94 on there.

I've been having a similar problem with G3T, the movesets and abilities are completely gibberish as well and I don't know how to fix that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    How do i activate the Dexnav feature ?

The command base is :
    #define FLAG_SYS_DEXNAV 0x91E

Just change to :
    #define setflag FLAG_SYS_DEXNAV 0x91E
    or
    #define setflag 0x91E
    ???

Can anyone help me ??

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I have question, is there a way to add new pokemons? because i tried messing around with DPE and obviously the CFRU, but i'm having errors for undefined refereces to the sprites of hackmon in question.
    And if so, is there a guide or tutorial for it?
    DPE is really particular about its sprite format, make sure the sprites are indexed and formatted as lowercase .png (not .PNG, or the compiler will append _PNG to the generated .s files).

How do i activate the Dexnav feature ?

The command base is :
    #define FLAG_SYS_DEXNAV 0x91E

The #define FLAG_SYS_DEXNAV 0x91E just aliases FLAG_SYS_DEXNAV to 0x91E.
    So to set the flag you'd need to put a script in your hack that contains either:
    setflag 0x91E
    or
    setflag FLAG_SYS_DEXNAV

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was trying to use the Follower NPC feature, and most of it worked as expected. But when I tried to use the Sideways Stairs, this happened...

I have no idea why this happens, since the Follow Me gif from the CFRU shows it working correctly.
    If you need the Movement Tiles and Behavior Tiles, here's them as well.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was trying to use the Follower NPC feature, and most of it worked as expected. But when I tried to use the Sideways Stairs, this happened...

I have no idea why this happens, since the Follow Me gif from the CFRU shows it working correctly.
    If you need the Movement Tiles and Behavior Tiles, here's them as well.

Wait, which GIF? It showcases swimming/walking/running.
    Quoted from the Sideways Stairs thread:

Drawbacks

This implementation currently has a number of drawbacks.

• Non-playable person events will not interact properly with this implementation by default: you would need to create a unique movement type that could interact with sideways stairs.

Back