• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    I'm having some trouble inserting CFRU to my rom. In the instructions it says to take the data between offset 1 and 2 in Rom 2 and put it at offset 1 in Rom 1. The first red flag I had was that all the bytes in Rom 2 in the selected area were all 0's. I copied them and tried to find the offset in Rom 1. The offset is somewhere in the 08B40000 region while Rom 1 doesn't go past around 01FF0000. Do I just expand or what? I don't know what to do.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2020
    Hi I wanted to ask about the availability of devkitpro. I tried to download it, but I got a 404 Not Found page. Is it still available anywhere else?

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Hi! I want to use this for my rom hack, but the method of patching this to the game seems so frustrating, having to download multiple things and such, is there like untouched rom hack with this, so I could modify without having to add it myself?

Years
  • Hi! I want to use this for my rom hack, but the method of patching this to the game seems so frustrating, having to download multiple things and such, is there like untouched rom hack with this, so I could modify without having to add it myself?

The CFRU isn't a "patch", per say. It's an engine. Thinking you'll have better luck here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Hey, I really enjoy this upgrade! Thanks for the work you've done for this!

I was wondering if there's a way for stats to be rounded up instead of down during stat modification?

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    So I managed to figure out my previous problem, but 2 new ones popped up from it. I don't know if it's the offset that I put it at or if I overwrote something important but my game crashes at the intro/title card. It will show the "Gamefreak Presents" animation and then the screen stays black and the music won't continue. What should I do?

Years
  • So, I'm relatively new to the Rom Hacking / Fan Game scene, I'm just looking to create an intense difficulty hack, however I'm having insane difficulty loading the changes from this package into Hopeless Trainer Editor, I've tried looking up how it's done, but I cannot find anything, any help would be greatly appreciated :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Does anyone know where intimidate lowers attack in the scripts? I want to change it to lower speed.

Years
  • I'm have a problem trying to get this to work.
    I put "python scripts//make.py" in the command prompt window. When I press enter, nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2020
    Hey, some questions on a few unique mechanics I want to add. I was wondering if I could get some feedback/ pointers to what files I should poke around in/ someone to tell me if these are possible.

The main one is adding an additional meter along with the HP bar that increases as a Pokémon does and takes damage, and once it hits 100% it allows the player to unleash a special attack. I would also need to find a way to add this to the enemy trainer AI. Ideally certain moves and items would have the ability to increase this gauge. Building off of that I want to create an ability of sorts that allows the player to revive, fully restore the HP of a Pokémon, or fully charge that new gauge. They would be limited to using it 3 times and it is only restored by visiting a Pokémon center. I also want to set all wild encounters and trainer battles to double even without a partner or two enemy trainers, but I have an idea on how I could do that already. (If anyone is familiar with Fate Grand Order I'm mashing it and Pokémon together and trying to get as many FGO mechanics working in this as I can)

I already have a basic idea of how I could implement these in my mind but I couldn't figure out what files I should be looking at to make these changes from the documentation. Thanks so much for any help, this engine is amazing and I can't wait until this semester of college is over so I can really jump into making this game!

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Hi, after some trial and error I finally managed to get CFRU to compile. I've tested day & night system, wild double battles and text and wild battle speed seems to be working as expected, though there is this little "bug?" that is something I'd like to point out.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but it seems that on a fresh start of the rom upon a wild encounter, the game slightly "pauses/freezes" for about half a second. I have also noticed that after saving the game, this problem disappears and the game doesn't freeze before a wild encounter.

Also(less important), is it possible to remove the blinking of pokemon names and health bar in battle while an attack is being initiated?

Is this intended, and if it isn't, how would you go about preventing that slight pause before the wild encounter happens (before the player has saved the game). The game engine looks really good everything else considered.

Last edited:

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • Problem here, whenever I try to compile with new music defined, it gives me this error and I don't know what It wants from me.

cGIToXq.png

Years
  • Just a few questions, what does "Follow Me" on "other features" refers to? Is that for NPCs or Pokemons? If it's not pokemons then are there plans to make HG/SS style followers? Crystal Clear has it so I guess it's doable, is it on the to do list?
    Also, what about animated battle sprites just like BW2? Doable? Or is there no interest on the feature by the community?

Back