• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Years
  • Wait, which GIF? It showcases swimming/walking/running.

This one. It's included in the "gifs" folder of the CFRU as "follow-me-stairs".

Am I misunderstanding something? If Follower NPCs just don't work with sideways stairs, than that's fine. I just thought it was a feature of the CFRU due to the GIF being included.

Krinalle11

Krinalle
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2022
    Hello is there a hackrom with updates already installed ready to download? I looked for devikit and make, and I didn't find it, :-(
    most sites are offline. could someone help me by making this hack available to me?

Years
    • Seen today
    @Krinalle11

The whole purpose of this base is that it can be implemented in any Fire Red ROM you're working on. Making it a static patch would defeat that purpose, so I don't think that is a good idea.

The installation tutorial of the CFRU is pretty elaborate, it won't get any better than this in ROM hacking.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Hello!
    Are there any plans to add the last gen 8 Pokémon that came with crown tundra?
    I will try to add pkm/abilities/attacks myself but I'm not king of coding so if anyone has fixed this problem or It's being fixed I would be really grateful!

I can see that Glastrier, Spectrier + Calyrex rider forms, chilling neigh, grim neigh, quick draw*, curious medicine*, transistor, dragons maw, eerie spell, glacial lance, astral barrage isn't added. With others as placeholders.
    *author has added them in base stats as mentions but not coded.

Awesome romhack, having a blast editing stats, attacks and you name it!
    Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • This one. It's included in the "gifs" folder of the CFRU as "follow-me-stairs".

Am I misunderstanding something? If Follower NPCs just don't work with sideways stairs, than that's fine. I just thought it was a feature of the CFRU due to the GIF being included.

I suppose in Skeli's repo it's fixed?

What should I change in the INI to fix the gibberish?

Try the one in the attachment. Replace it with Roms Data/BPRE.

Attachments

• BPRE.ini
      2.5 KB · Views: 20
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Will anyone do something like this for Emerald or the other 2 Hoenn games?

Well the source code is given to you for you to build this engine, if you want to use this for emerald, I imagine you just need adjust the offsets and variables etc to those in emerald or another rom.

and luckily decompilations with that information for those already exist, (look up pokemerald on github).

THen do the same for DPE the dynamic pokemon expansion. and it should work fine.

Years
  • Well the source code is given to you for you to build this engine, if you want to use this for emerald, I imagine you just need adjust the offsets and variables etc to those in emerald or another rom.

and luckily decompilations with that information for those already exist, (look up pokemerald on github).

THen do the same for DPE the dynamic pokemon expansion. and it should work fine.

I mean, it's coded entirely for FireRed. Why hasn't anyone in Pret made a copy of the engine for Emerald? It'll be bloody difficult.

Will anyone do something like this for Emerald or the other 2 Hoenn games?

There is Egg's v1 (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=374338) for Binary and Egg's v2 (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=417820) for Decomp.

GoldenCookie

Filthy Casual
    Years
  • Hey, I'm new to ROM hacks in general and having a lot of trouble with this. Right now I'm trying to apply Dynamic Pokemon Expansion, but my technological illiteracy makes the instructions incomprehensible to me.

5. To decide the offsets where you want to insert the code:

a) In the 'make.py' file in the folder 'scripts' change OFFSET_TO_PUT=YYY to the location
    you want to insert the data (let it be X). Don't worry about changing 'insert.py' also.
    'make.py' automatically updates the 'insert.py' file and linker file.

After asking around a little, I heard this might be related to the location of the ROM I'm using? I don't know how to get that information, and I would appreciate some advice.

7. Run cmd.exe in the main folder. You can do this by typing 'cmd' and hitting enter in the
    url address or selecting 'run command prompt from here' from right clciking on empty space
    while holding the shift key.

8. Only if you would like to use the data extractor, in command prompt window,
    type 'python scripts//data_extractor.py' This extracts the graphics data from
    BPRE0.gba and places it in the directory *extracted*. Make sure to update the
    files in *src* with this extracted data. Do not overwrite the files in *src*.
    Only replace Pokemmon that are in your hack. Leave the expanded graphics data alone.

9. Once you're done editing the source files to your liking, in the command prompt window,
    type 'python scripts//make.py'. If you have never compiled before, the first time
    compilation will take a few minutes. However, as long as you don't clean the build
    data, all following compilations will be much quicker.

None of these commands do anything in Command Prompt. It just says the file doesn't exist.

I would really appreciate it if someone would offer me some advice. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    me too :"((
    this is my trouble

C:\Users\Admin>D:\GBA\Tool\Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade-master
    'D:\GBA\Tool\Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade-master' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2021
    How do i install this? I cannot read the readme file. Seems a little complicated for those who aren't familiar with coding or programming.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    How do i install this? I cannot read the readme file. Seems a little complicated for those who aren't familiar with coding or programming.

Download Python. Make sure to check 'Add to Path' then go to https://github.com/devkitPro/installer/releases/tag/v3.0.3 and install devkitpro. Then opening the directory for cfru and put a blank firered 1.0 rom and open your shell and type python scripts//make.py

Refer to https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=443233

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2022
    Does anyone know if there's a trick to setting the daily flags? The config file says the flags 0xE00 to 0xEFF are flags that clear themselves daily. I can't manage to set any of them though. The setflag command doesn't work on them. They stay cleared.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    project sucks destabalises stuff causes way too much sourcecode is deorganises if it was organised i whould fix it up but nope its way too broken

Back