• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Experiments [PG-13]

Marina E. Silver

7/10/11 R.I.P
Years
  • Caresse breathed in shakily and nodded feeling Jeremy's hand on her shoulder "I...think..." she started before she gripped onto his arm eyes darkening as she accidentally released the power she had built up and immediately collapsed.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake was close. He took a few breaths. In the face of the enemy, he had to have nerves of steel and a heart of stone. No mercy. No emotion. He would run in there and take them both out. The advantage was that he had most of his stamina, and hopefully, the element of surprise.

No, he thought. He couldn't assume anything. He had no actually grasp on what their powers did. Some of them could also be able to see far, in which case they could have spotted him. Conversely, one could have an ability to smell or hear. He had to assume they would know he might be coming, or he would end up dead. However, from what he saw as they ran, they were tired. More likely. he had heard reports that most of the Experiments don't even know the full grasp of their powers yet. He would use that advantage, but not rely on it. He had to rely on what he knew, not what could be possible. Drake ran closer to the cave. His heart pounded a little with excitement as he thought of what could happen. He was almost there.

Years
  • Luphen jumped out and started throwing Ice ball into the air and used the rest of his powers to make the ice explode creating an even heavier mist. He turned to Aura and said,"Come on we gotta run a little further." Then he grabbed her hand and started to run deeper in to the mist.

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
  • Aura nearly stripped over her own feet as she ran. Now is not the time to give out on me. She urged herself to go on. She could run, running she could do, running was all she could do. She did her best to listen for the sounds of their enemy approaching, but it was blocked out. She could barely hear her feet hitting the ground, her heart was beating too fast, and too loud.

"I can't hear him! I can't tell how close he is." she held back the urge to scream. Of all the times for her powers to wig out, it had to be now. Of all the times her body could be giving out, it just had to be now.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Some kind of mist manipulation?, he thought, No, I saw Ice beforehand. He used it to make mist. It's a shame. It would be a useful strategy to get away if I didn't have these useful eyes.

Drake wandered into the cave finally, and saw as the two went deeper. He took a moment to gather himself. He wanted to make sure he was perfectly fit before proceeding. It was clear that one of them had some kind of ability to allow them to spot him from a distance. He had to figure this out while proceeding.

He decided to do some tests as he was pursuing them. Their reactions would tell him what they might or might not have. He decided to do the most obvious. He said in his normal, chilly voice,
    "I'm going to kill you." If they indeed had some sort of super hearing, they could probably hear him say that, and their face would show some sort of reaction from it. Drake continued the chase.

Years
  • Luphen stopped and said,"Keep running." He knew only one person could have this kind of eyesight and if both of them stayed then both of would die."Get out of here, Aura. Hurry and find you a dark safe place." Then he turned and yelled,"Whats up, Drake, its Luphen! I guess The Corp turned you into a good little lab dog, huh?"

Fearless Love

Years
  • Aura just stood there. She was useless. The best she could do was listen, and it seemed she couldn't even do that! She clenched her fists together. She knew karate, but she highly doubted brute force would come in handy against these people. All of a sudden, she fell backwards, landing on her bottom. Her feet weren't moving, she couldn't go anywhere! She looked around frantically, and then looked down and gasped. She couldn't see anything!

Correction, she could see the ground, and Luphen, and the other guy, but what she couldn't see, was herself. She was invisible!

Years
  • Luphen looked around and chuckled,"Man, she super fast on her own, maybe she should have left with Eric." Then he patiently waited for Drake to come.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake stopped for a second, as he heard one of them speak. He recognized him from his voice and his face. Unsure of his name, and, quite frankly, uncaring, Drake continued to move forward. It didn't take much to slow him down. He didn't care for talking. Then something unexpected happened that stopped him from moving. The other one vanished. He kept his eyes on both of them for a while, and she just vanished, into thin air. He didn't understand. Did he miss her? Or was that a power? He couldn't tell for sure. Whatever happened, he put it out of his mind, as he was sure he would soon find out. Drake saw the other boy standing there.

So you have accepted your death, he thought to himself.

Without another word, Drake places both hands to his sides, and they began to glow a faint yellow. The yellow soon began to sparkle before it surrounded his entire arms. Then it began to crack and spread across the surrounding area. In one mighty movement, Drake concentrated all of his energy into two of his fingers and pointed at the Experiment, and with the incredible speed of thunder came a lightning bolt, striking right at him.

Fearless Love

Years
  • Aura finally stood to her feet. She saw what that guy, Drake, was trying to do, but she couldn't really do anything. She looked around frantically, beyond the point of freaking out. So she did the only thing she thought to do. She threw a rock at him!

Years
  • Luphen seen the lightning bolt coming for him but since he was so tired he couldnt even attempt to stop it. The lightning bolt hit his chest sending him flying into the cave wall.

"Dang, he strong and I honestly have no way to block him." Luphen thought as he coughed up blood. "I did not escape to die so soon! I have to find away to get away from him." Then he started to feel the air pattern and noticed that it was two objects blocking the air's movement. "What she still here but where?" Then he seen where the block was and thought,"Dang, now I really got to stop him because who knows how long her power will last."

Then Luphen shot a beam of ice a couple feet in front of Drake building a thick wall of ice. As he did so his arm started to tense in intensive pain. "Dang, at this rate my arm will be destroyed!"

Angel Protection

Rena's WORLD!
    Years
  • "Hey Caresse! Are you alright?" Jeremy asked, panicking. This was one thing he was good at, though he usually did it in private, running away, and then freaking out. But he didn't have that choice here. Not this time.

Marina E. Silver

7/10/11 R.I.P
    Years
  • Caresse was pale faced and looked to be uneasy her eyes opening slowly after a few minutes. She looked up at Jeremy and said weakly "Seems like...I couldn't..handle it" her face regaining a little color but not much as she tried to sit up.

Fearless Love

Years
  • At this rate, Aura wanted to scream. She really, really, really wanted to scream! So she barely knew the kid, that didn't mean some creep with powers can go picking on them! So by this point, she was mad, beyond mad, like a volcano erupting kind of mad. She pushed it down, her best bet was to stay calm.

As she looked down, she noticed something, her image flickered. In a moment, she was invisible again. But she was positive she was visible long enough for Drake to see her. Unfortunately, she froze.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Drake watched as the Experiment was hit by his attack and flung a distance. Pleased with his work, he prepared for another strike. Then, another unexpected thing happened. Out of nowhere, a rock hit him right on his head. He checked his side to see the source, but found nothing. He was perplexed, but thought about what he said before, and the sudden disappearance of the other Experiment.

Maybe she does have invisibility, he thought. Drake was caught distracted as the first Experiment covered his side of the cave with a block of ice. It was thick, and he saw no way of passing it.

Damn it, he thought, I got distracted. They might be able to get away.

He felt the ice. It was thick, and he saw no way of getting passed it. This lightning manipulation would do no good against ice of this magnitude, unless it was turn to water. For now, they were unattainable, but he tried to register their face in his mind. He had one advantage to this battle. He learned the first boy had the ability of Ice Manipulation. The second Experiment could become invisible. Also, one more of them had an ability to sense presence, possibly either hearing, eyesight, like his, or smell. He had examined and learned about some of his enemy from this battle.

Drake saw as the Experiment turned uninvisible for a brief moment. He was right. She can turn invisible. But it seemed she could not control it very well yet. Another worthy observation, he thought.

Last edited:

Angel Protection

Rena's WORLD!
    Years
  • "Careful. That looked like it hurt. You should probably rest for a few minutes. You know, get your strength back up." Jeremy ran a hand through his hair. It was mid-day and they'd made no progress. All that had happened was an arrogant kid probably scattered the Experiments, and Caresse got injured. Something had to change. Maybe today just wasn't the day to capture them, maybe they should just rest, continue the mission in the morning.

Marina E. Silver

7/10/11 R.I.P
    Years
  • Caresse shook her head trying again to get up. "If we stay here they'll just get farther ahead." she said weakly. "If we stop now it could take us days to find them since they know we're looking for them, especially since they are all scattered by now"

Years
  • Luphen walked over to Aura and picked her up as he slowly carried her out of the back of the cave limping and breathing hard.

"We made it, Aura. Now all we gotta do is find a perfect place to hide." Then he carried her deep into the forest. As he fought to stay conscious."I need to get her to safety."

Back