• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Power Of Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ali quickly shifted, and saw a younger team member, dressed in a rocket uniform. He was obviously much more cautious around him than he would've been around any other younger person.

'Right... I didn't know you knew my name... What's yours?' Ali asked out of curiosity, still smiling faintly.

'Rai... chu!' Raichu seemed very happy to see that another pokemon was making conversation.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    'Pik?" Hypa asked her new friend.
    "I just overheard your introducion,sorry."He aploigized."My name's Jet.And that's Hypa."He pointed to the little pikachu taking and..and...danceing?
    "Uhh...I dunno why the heck she's dancing."He smileld weeky,and sweatdroped.He Notessed her nervousness."Erm,Did I say something wrong?" he wonderd/asked her.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    ''Chikorita how about we go check out the ship like everyone else?'' yuki said
    ''Chi chikorita'' she replied
    ''I wonder when we will be there'' I really want to se Zapdos.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: I suppose I should say this here too: For the next week (That is, from Monday onward) Smarty Arty and I will be at our grandparents' summer cottage without internet connection so we won't be able to post for that time period.

Exploring the ship turned out to provide little more than momentary amusement for Sanada and Loki. The sheer amount of machinery in the engine room (Hidden behind only one (easily lockpicked) door was impressive at first, but a boy and a cat can only amuse themselves with mechanics for so long. With the only semi-secret place of the ship checked Sanada turned his attention to the passenger areas, walking down the aisles and trying each doorknob just in case they weren't locked. (an exinuating circumstance for intrusion in his book) Finally Sanada got a lucky break with a rather small one at the end of the hall, only to find that it was already occupied by Max.
    "Your door was unlocked" Sanada stated apologeticaly, seeing that his little intrusion had been discovered.
    "Meow" Loki added with a vigurous nod, expressing his support for the argument.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 'Nice to meet you, I'm Ali,' He responded to Jet, just incase he hadn't heard.

'And this is... er... I guess his name is Raichu, heh,' He stated as he gestured towards Raichu, who seemed to be having fun with Hypa.

'So... You excited? We're almost at the island!... How do you think we'll start the investigation?' He asked, trying to start some coversation as his pointed hair swayed back and forth in the wind.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • "Oh that's okay."

Max muttered, before looking at the boy.

"To tell you the truth, I was getting a little nervous out there. But I'm sure everyone on the deck was already able to tell that. Excuse me for a moment, I need to make an announcement."

Max stood up and walked over to the wall on the other side of the room. He pressed a red button and spoke into the tiny miicrophone. Everything he was saying could be heard all over the ship because of little speakers that had been placed all over.

"Attention. Attention all passengers. We will be arriving at The Islands in five minutes. Please preapere any equipment or do any business you need to take care of before we get off."

He pressed the button once more, then returned to the boy.

"So, arw you excited about the mission? I'm was kinda nervous when my agency appointed me the leader of it, but I think it will be fun."

-----------

Tarin listened to the announcement that Max was making.

5 minutes huh? This should be good

Tarin pushed off from the wall and walked to the edge of the boat, sticking his head out and wtacging the tiny waves as they created mini ripples that soared through the water.

Years
  • 'Oh yeah,' Ali responded to Max.

'The mission should be pretty interesting, I don't remember the last tiem I did something like this, so it should be a very interesting experience!' Ali seemed very excited.

'Only 5 minutes, huh? Wow... So, what exactly are we going to do when we reach the island? how will we start the mission?

Deadly Aim

Seth Wayes
    Years
  • Seth loked up as he heard Max's voice blaring over the loudspeaker, giving the 45-minutes-to-desination notice. He had headed below deck and went into his room to retrieve his backpack. It was loaded with plenty of supplies, so he wouldn't to spend money for a good while. After double-checking his belongings and his pokeballs, he hauled the backpack onto his shoulders and began walking down the hal, whe he notice that ax's dor was cracked open... Odd, maybe he should checkon him. He did seem rather nervous. He knocked on the door and spoke.

"Hey Max, you there? Uh, you have a minute? I want to talk to you."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • "So, are you excited about the mission? I'm was kinda nervous when my agency appointed me the leader of it, but I think it will be fun."

"Hmm...a bit I guess." Sanada replied, glad that Max didn't make a larger fuss about the whole intrusion bit. Face-to-face Max seemed to be a far more social and likeable fellow, only time will tell though he reminded himself before continuing "I hope it doesn't sound to callous of me to say that I'm partly here for the money though. After all, the price of living just keeps rising, and I do have three gluttonous mouths to feed." He gestured at the the Pok?balls at his waist. "As for the nervousness, well..." Sanada absent-mindedly traced a few circles in mid-air with his index finger, searching for the right words to phrase himself with "I wouldn't worry about that too much if I were you. I mean, we're a bunch of complete strangers picking a fight with the worst criminal organisation in recorded history, and then they just ask you to step up on a stage and hold a speech about it. I'd say it's completely natural to be nervous. Well, I better get to gathering my gear from my cabin. Catch you later!" With a wave and a quick turn Sanada paced back down the corridor he had come from in the direction of his own room, catching a quick glimpse of Seth heading in the opposite direction and calling out for Max.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Max smiled as the boy mentioned that is was perfectly okay to be nervous, boy did MAx hope that was true. He watched as the boy left, but then another one knocked on his door. Max stood up and creaped to the door, opening it with a soft creal.

"Oh, hello. Yeah, but we will arrive soon. You better make it quick."

-----

Tarin sighed and turned around, watching people go down the stairs to their rooms, probably to gather supplies or find pokemon that were roaming the boat. Tarin decided to follow suit. He walked over to the stairs and went down, his hand sliding down the handrail that was there for support. He creaked open the door of his own room and walked to the bed. On it lay a tiny bag that help supplies. He slung his over his shoulder and then grabbed his coat from a rack that was attached to the wall. He then exited and returned to the top of the boat.

(We will arrive at the islands in my next post)

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Jet didn't go down stairs.He had everything he needed in is backpack,and had his pokemon on his belt.He shruged at Ali."I dunno,I'm taking it pretty seriousy."He reponed,and walked to the edge of the boat."I can see the Islands."He mutterd,and looked out into the sea,his un-tamed black hair flutterd in the wind.Hypa suddenly stopped,and climbed up his shouder."....cha?"
    Jet thought for a minute."Yeah,probiby."He mutterd to her.

Sithre

Dark Side Lateralus
    Years
  • The gengar vanished for afew seconds, leaving Sithre on deck with the trainers who had already gotten prepared to leave the boat. The ghoul reapeared, with afew potions and elixers floating around it. "Thank you...But I hope we don't need them". Sithre took the supplies, not bothering to ask who they belonged to. He looked out to the nearing island,"Zapdos...it is time".

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Max once again pressed the little button and spoke into the microphone.

"Attention! Attention all passengers! We have arrived at our destination. Please go to the bottom of the boat, cross over the bridge and wait on the dock for me!"

Max pressed the button once more and then exited his room. He walked to the bottom of the boat and crossed to the dock and waited for the trainers.

----------

Tartin listened to the announcement and then exited his room as well. He walked down the stairs, watching the others as they soon flocked together and did it as well. Tarin crossed over the wooden bridge and stood a couple feet away from Max, waiting...waiting...waiting...

Sithre

Dark Side Lateralus
    Years
  • Sithre was one of the first to leave the boat, he barely glanced at the bueatiful island. He could care less where they were, he wanted to battle...

Years
  • Raichu's ears perked. Ali watched as the other trainers fled past the bridge as they walked down the stairs. He did the same, and followed the rest of the trainers to their destination.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Jet before following everyone else,looked at the water supisously."Hypa,Be on gaurd."He said,then eft for the deck with everyone else.He was in one of his thinking moods.He looked up from the ground though to admire the beauty of the isand.
    "Wow...how do so many plantss grow at one time?'He said out laod,but he thought he was only thinking it.Hypa looked up from Jet's shoulder,and basicy said the same thing."pikcu...cha ca cha.."Something took her attention though,and she whipped her head around."Pi?"

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • (If you've never seen the pokemon movie, The Power Of One, you might want to skim through it a bit or go to serebii.net and read the summary of it. The 3 Islands are separated by water, and you have docked on Lightning Island, the home of Zapdos. So read my whole post, and you'll understand how we're going to move from island to island

Max stood there, waiting for the other trainers. If they didn't arrive soon, they would be left behind, simple as that. The world was in turmoil, they could not wait for a trainer or two who had to go to the bathroom. The time for action was now.

"Listen everyone! We have docked on Lightning Island. We will be traveling to the other islands by motorboats. Please, only two people to a mototboat. Thank you."

Max turned around and started to walk quickly towards thr base of the island. They needed to go to the top where Zapdos lay, about to be captured."

"Let's move everyone!"

-----------

Tarin watched Max as he made yet another rep[ort. Tarin sighed at the mention of walking up the mountain. Tarin though they would have helicopters of something. Tarin grasped his pokeballs in hand and then walked forward, following Max.

Years
  • Ali qucikly followed the leader to the base of thunder island. He gazed up at the top of the mountain,

'And to think... Zapdos is probably up there...' He muttered aloud. Raichu did the same, but then whisped his tail around Ali's ankle, indicating that they should get going. Ali nodded, and walked beside the leader.

'So... Is there any path to get up to the top of the mountain? Or will we have to find our own way up?'

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Jet folowed silently behind the others.He looked up the mountain and smiled at the thought.He liked camping and hikeing.Hypa got all hyper and perky all of a sudden.She started danceing and generaly running around him while he walked.Jet laughed at her and shook his head."You have more mood swings then.."He thought for a minute,"than a emosiona exuscute."He finished.He stoped,hearing this,and climbed back on his shoulder.He pet her on the head."You know I'm only kidding."He laughed at her.Her climbed up to his hat to get a better look of everything.

Deadly Aim

Seth Wayes
    Years
  • Seth was following just behind Max, walking silently behind him, and his Ekans slithering along at his side. Suddenly, his pokemon stopped...

"Ekanssssssss..." It hissed sas it began lookingaround. Seth's attention was suddenlyu diverted to it.

"What is it, Ekans?" He asked quizically.

"Ekansss..." It repliwed, warily looking around and coiling up before raisinfgg its body up, rapidly sticking out its tongue and sniffing.

"You sense something, pal?"

A loud rumble from the nearby mountainside and a booming cry soon answered that question:

"REEE-ROOOO-OOOOO-OOOOH!!!"

Out of nowhere, a loud cloud of dust appeared, and then, a down-right HUGE Onix appeared with a territorial roar towards the group, and it then began to charge rthe group. They had just made the mistake of entering its territory. Seth recalled Ekans and then began to run like no tomorrow.

"Wild Onix, run for it!!" Seth shouted and he began running up the mountain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back