• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Version 1.2 is now released. This is a minor update that fixes a few bugs found in v1.1. Download links have been updated. Saves on v1.0 or v1.1 can be loaded onto v1.2.

Black and White 3: Genesis is a hack of Pokemon Crystal Version. It is a sequel to Black 2/White 2 Versions, and takes place in Unova, a number of years following the events of B2/W2. In this game, you play as a young trainer from Humilau City, and will embark on a journey around the region to catch Pokemon, collect Gym badges, and thwart the plans of a mysterious group claiming to be Team Plasma, a terror group that was supposedly disbanded years ago.

This game can be played on any platform that supports GBC ROMs. It is heavily recommended to NOT use VisualBoy Advance, as it may cause bugs, and will cause some of the custom music tracks to sound bad. Recommended emulators are BGB and mGBA. It is NOT recommended to use Skyemu, as it may cause boxed Pokemon to disappear from the PC.

FEATURES:
-Fully demade Unova region on GBC hardware
-New original story featuring many characters from B/W/B2/W2
-Demade music tracks for Unova locations
-New Cries for all Gen3+ Pokemon
-252 Pokemon available, selected from throughout the first 5 generations of Pokemon
-255 moves from throughout the first 5 generations
-Physical/Special split on moves
-Fairy type added, and type chart adjusted to account for it
-Many various items from newer games
-Running Shoes available from the start
-Reusable TMs
-Move Reminder
-Much more Bag space
-All evolutions available in a single player game
-Reusable Repels
-Various other minor quality of life improvements

CREDITS:
Custom sprites by Azure_Keys, Internet Goblin, Jace, Bloodless, Scarlax, ShadowOne333, EeveeEE, Sea, Solo993
Custom map tiles by Azure_Keys, Rangi, Jace, Bloodless, Sea, Bees, Luna, Pia Carrot
Custom music by Regen, Trite Hexagon, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Froggest Spirit, Azure_Keys
Custom cries by Azure_Keys, Celadonk, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Sour Apple, Ax6
Special thanks to Pret's Pokecrystal community and their wiki tutorials.
Special thanks to the Polished Crystal community for much help and encouragement.
Special thanks to Rangi's PolishedMap and Tilemap Studio software.
Special thanks to Rangi, FIQ, Ax6, Luna, Bloodless, Darsh, and many others for coding help and general assistance.

SCREENSHOTS:
FHvdlrK.png
YuBl4EM.png
xsYd6M0.png
CcIuuKD.png

cDzULfI.png
Bbi4wWQ.png
n6QtE2M.png
0xLshDX.png

5irAgVs.png
TRS6CGr.png
pfgyh5M.png
1dk65w4.png

vCHjB3N.png
FmDVEPw.png
rcpGhFj.png
ex1jSpd.png

o9rY8kb.png
48we1D6.png

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
Patch with Included Documentation: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s381hz62nxn7pnz/BW3G.zip
Patch Only: https://www.mediafire.com/file/649z1hf2bsxhdl7/bw3genesis.ips

Github repo: https://github.com/AzureKeys/BW3G

Special Evolutions with Changes Included:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Whoa. What a nice romhack. Approved!
uo6xpdf7aww41.jpg

I always tried to make a GBC romhack to look like this. I could never do it back when binary romhacking was the only option. I'll play this for sure!

Years
  • Age 114
  • Seen today
will give this a go when it's completed because it's already at 7 gyms, dont see a point in not waiting. glad to see the overhaul went well.

Years
looking forward to it getting completed..i think it needs a new protagoanist and a new rival theme and rival battle theme..

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
looking forward to it getting completed..i think it needs a new protagoanist and a new rival theme and rival battle theme..

This hack is still in development, the final version will have new protagonists, it's just using Gold/Kris as placeholders for now.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Question: How do I change the clock. It keeps telling me "wrong password!" I put in the correct Trainer ID and cash...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Question: How do I change the clock. It keeps telling me "wrong password!" I put in the correct Trainer ID and cash...

The clock functionality hasn't been changed from the base Crystal version. I haven't added in any manual clock changing, so the only way to change would be the clock reset that is present in the original game.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Apparently I'm trying to evolve my Woobat through max happiness. It's already at max happiness, but it won't evolve. I tried changing the time to night, but it didn't work for me...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Apparently I'm trying to evolve my Woobat through max happiness. It's already at max happiness, but it won't evolve. I tried changing the time to night, but it didn't work for me...

Woobat should evolve when leveled up with high happiness regardless of time of day. I'll check to see if there is some issue with its evolution. What does the friendship checker say when you check the Woobat?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oohhh! Congratulations on the release for real, started playing a bit of it, just thought I'd suggest you try porting the 60 fps feature from polished crystal or Prism, since regular crystal's speed seems kinda clunky imo. That aside, I'm in love with mapping, for real. Love the demake music as well.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
IDK. I haven't reached that point yet in the game. I tried pressing the space bar button long enough while walking back and forth for 10-20 minutes. Still no sign of Woobat evolution...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 29, 2021
Ahh, saw this and got excited about a DS hack, but crystal hacks are just as fun. I'll have to try it out over the next couple of days, but it's looking like a lot of fun!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
IDK. I haven't reached that point yet in the game. I tried pressing the space bar button long enough while walking back and forth for 10-20 minutes. Still no sign of Woobat evolution...

Ah, it may not have been long enough.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Are you sure Mantyke evolves through max happiness at nighttime??? Cause my Mantyke in the older version evolves in the daytime...

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Black and White 3: Genesis is a hack of Pokemon Crystal Version. This is the hack that was previously known as Untitled Unova Game. This game is currently still in development, and the patch included in this thread is a demo, which goes up through the 7th Gym.

Black and White 3: Genesis is intended as a further sequel to Black 2/White 2 Versions. It takes place in Unova, around 5 years following the events of B2/W2. In this game, you play as a young trainer from Humilau City, and will embark on a journey around the region to catch Pokemon, collect Gym badges, and thwart the plans of a mysterious group claiming to be Team Plasma, a terror group that was supposedly disbanded years ago.

FEATURES:
-253 Pokemon available, selected from throughout the first 5 generations of Pokemon
-255 moves from throughout the first 5 generations
-Physical/Special split on moves
-Move power changed to fit Gen 5 stats
-Fairy type added, and type chart adjusted to account for it
-Various items from newer games
-Running Shoes available from the start
-Reusable TMs
-Trade evolutions changed to normal level-up, level-up with item, or stone evolutions
-Some stone evolutions changed, see documentation for full list
-Reusable Repels
-Various other minor quality of life improvements

CREDITS:
All Gen 3-5 Pokemon sprites from the COMBOY collection, plus one sprite from JaceDeane.
Custom map tiles from various artists, including Rangi, PiaCarrot, Bloodless, Bees, JaceDeane, Morlock, Luna, and Azure_Keys.
Custom music composed by Mmmmmmmmmmm, FroggestSpirit, TriteHexagon, Regen, and Azure_Keys.
Custom trainer sprites by Solo993, JaceDeane, and Azure_Keys.
Special thanks to the Pokecrystal Pret community and their wiki tutorials.
Special thanks to Rangi's PolishedMap and Tilemap Studio software.
Special thanks to Rangi, FiQ, Luna, Bloodless, and many others for coding help and general assistance.

SCREENSHOTS:
J2pa0BG.png
JM8QTvI.png
QYXohgu.png
4KNWZZk.png

2g2Lo9C.png
wyglz2o.png
0wOASQ5.png
3tBm3gd.png

8mHLecD.png
cSpHTGb.png
pJ3K2gI.png
8Lcv0wR.png

BIzA2W9.png
IxH3ddh.png
c3Urn9F.png
vVlQvru.png

yfYzaBV.png
NjE6VbL.png
Y3zuKtA.png
rb0LfvZ.png

It is recommended to play this game using BGB. DO NOT use VBA, some of the music will not play correctly, and various other glitches may occur.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
Patch with Documents: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8ekca38j9n9bogf/BW3G.zip
Patch Only: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f3n0zcem3sxes9u/BlackAndWhite3Genesis.ips

Dang! Congrats dude, looking forward to seeing it finished in the near future! Good luck with the rest of development

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
this is amazing never thought id see this on a gbc level im playing the demo cant wait till its complete ...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 16, 2023
Love this hack so far! I'm having trouble proceeding from beyond the second gym because of the cut tree in Lostlorn Forest. Can anyone help me out?

Back