• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen today
    Will the final game be compatible with older save files?

Word from the discord is yes. Colonel answered the question like 2 months ago and said there is a 95% chance they will carry over. So the answer is likely yes. But there is always the chance that those 5% kick in I guess =P

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Man, I keep coming back here to check for updates because of how hyped I am at the sheer thought of a new beta release. Regardless, take your time Colonelsalt. We will wait.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    The "catastrophe" is basically missingno isn't it?

Also any word on whether we'll get a chance to steal a pokedex?
    I wish the fake trainer card when used opened the trainer card section of the start menu.
    Are the happenings in the Sevii isles gonna be implemented? Team Rocket doesn't get stopped fully till post game so I'm curious.
    Also could you please do one very specific thing?: I'd like to switch outfits later in the game. The costume menu resource could be useful for that.

I love this hack! It's so perfectly crafted to fit the world and explain the hidden side of things.

Last edited:
    Years
  • sorry for the question and / or my ignorance, but how long does it take to finish a hack? Yes I know, it is not me who works there and it seems quite selfish on my part, only that (in my humble and ignorant opinion) 3 years seem to me so many unless the hack has been abandoned

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    sorry for the question and / or my ignorance, but how long does it take to finish a hack? Yes I know, it is not me who works there and it seems quite selfish on my part, only that (in my humble and ignorant opinion) 3 years seem to me so many unless the hack has been abandoned

It depends on what the hack is adding/changing from the original, we also have to consider, the creator's work, school and family life, which delay work on the hack, since those are priorities over making the hack, but on the bright side, this hack is getting close to the final release

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I created an account here just to say:

This ROM hack is beyond fantastic. I was blown away by how well done it is. I have not been so hooked on a Pokemon game since the original red/blue came out for game boy. The game fits into the lore of Pokemon and pays attention to details in the base game- it is so interesting to have the Rocket perspective, and is just wonderfully executed.
    Spoiler:
    Seriously, this is one of the best mods I have played for any game, ever. I entreat you to take your time working on this, but please, please make sure it gets finished. Thank you so much for your work on the project!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2020
    I'm glad it's possibly only 3months until the final release
    With all due respect , but it's even better than toxic purple
    And I can see how much work is being put into it , and how much time the work needs
    Do ur best colonel salt 👌

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    I'm glad it's possibly only 3months until the final release
    With all due respect , but it's even better than toxic purple
    And I can see how much work is being put into it , and how much time the work needs
    Do ur best colonel salt 👌

where did you get that information sir? btw its nice that we get the time schedule

Years
    • Seen today
    Its unknown if its 3 months or less. A YT comment was found, and confirmed by colonel, which said its a few more months which was made i think 2-3 months ago. And given how he said a few months in that comment its likely to come soon. But I haven't seen a real contdown from colonel on the discord yet. Though it is likely that it might be done in that timeframe if the comment was right. I am sure that someone already posted that but it was found under the video:
    Pokémon Fire Red: Rocket Edition (ROM HACK) #6 by Lusterpurgepink (2 months ago than lol)

In short: No one knows for sure when it comes out, though its likely to be true.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Hey all! A little Christmas update as final release nears...

Thanks to everyone for your kind words in between updates! I'm not joking when I say they are extremely motivating in getting me to push out the full hack as fast as possible.

If you're not signed up for the Rocket Edition Discord, you won't have missed much in the last couple of months, but the updates I've posted (aside from weekly development time reports) are:

• Some pieces of upcoming "mystery dialogue" from the next release: Part 1 & Part 2.
    • A cute GIF:
    Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

I also forgot to mention in my last post that Rocket Edition makes a tiny cameo in the next release of Pokémon Clover on a city billboard :D

Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

(kektacular art by Brolunite)

As to a potential release schedule for the final game...
    There is only roughly 30 minutes worth of story gameplay left to finish. (Bear in mind that this a novel and script-heavy last half hour and will take longer than normal.) Afterwards there are a heap of tiny things that need to be adjusted (graphical tweaks, non-important NPC scripts, bug fixing, balancing trainer levels, etc.)... but the end is definitely in sight.

If you press me I might say you can expect the game to be out within a month's time, but that's an educated guess, not a promise (if something big comes up between then and now it might be a little longer).

So... this would be a good time to note that I'll be looking for beta testers for the final release of the game. If you sign up, I'll send you a patch of the game a few days before official release time and have you play through it many times trying to break it, and reporting all bugs you find back to me. Have a think about that, and I'll take applications in a few weeks.
    (Of course, If you want to take your time and enjoy the final game (and not get stuck by a game-breaking bug), I recommend you don't apply.)

Thanks again for the support, and sorry for the long wait. Will be back with more info about beta testing and a more definite release schedule soon. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Is a new version comming soon? Last uodate was back in 2016 so I was wandering if you're even alive..... Anyways there is a small bug I noticed.... After defeating Mr. Psychic, instead of Drowsie, you can steal Venusaur lvl 59. Anyways I enjoy this hack so pls come up with new version soon 😣😣

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    Colonelsalt your hack was great, I am looking foward to the final release. Keep going that great work! ☺️

Back