• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon nature logic

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Basically, what natures do you think are really unfitting on certain species. I know you can just say that natures are just in proportion to the rest of the species, but it's still fun to discuss which natures don't make sense on certain creatures. I'll start.

- Lonely on Exeggcute, Doduo, Dugtrio, etc. if they have multiple heads, how are they Lonely?

- Hasty Slowpoke. I heard arguments for Hasty on Snorlax, and I think that works by that the Snorlax is just in a hurry to get food and sleep. I'm pretty sure Slowpoke is supposed to live a relaxed and immobile lifestyle, so what exactly is it in a rush to do?

- Jolly Tyrantrum. Might as well end it off with something I'm actually using. Has tantrm in it's name and can somehow be happy every day?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Shrugs. Understands Lonely multi-headed Pokemon easily enough. May be in a crowd, but still feel alone.

Jolly Tyrantrum: Describes some small children decently.

Others:
- Brave Wimpod. Calls it the "Turn Tail Pokemon".
- Quiet Exploud. Appears as the "Loud Noise Pokemon" in the Pokedex.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Relaxed Primeape.

Also it has such a morbid pokedex entry:

"It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however".

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Huh... this is actually really clever. I never thought about it like this before.

Like I can't imagine a Snorlax being anything other than Relaxed or Calm. Or like a Cubone being anything but Lonely.

Years
- Brave Wimpod. Calls it the "Turn Tail Pokemon".

Hadn't thought of this! Wimpod is always fleeing when I try to run to it and I remember struggling a lot in SuMo to actually encounter it at first, so a Brave one would be lol.

Years
  • hasty slowpoke/slowbro
  • calm primeape.
  • naughty chansey/blissey.
  • quiet buzzwhole
  • bashful jynx (doesn't seem like the bashful type, anyway).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Adamant Chansey, because Chansey has like 5 attack and is also a kind and gentle mom Pokemon... I literally cannot imagine her to be angry, ever.

I can't think of anything else, though.

Back