• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Pokémon Sword and Shield announced for Switch!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
En garde! I always wanted to say that :tongue-poke:

Remarks aside, the showcase looks pretty promising. The environment there looks gorgeous, and so far the starters looks pretty good, too. I think the Galar region be on European-like settings? I might look forward to these. I hope the throwing mechanic will be just like how usual mainline games goes, as well.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It appears to be based on the UK, which I've always been wanting. Now I hope they don't screw this up and bar us from going to Kalos in the postgame...
Personally I would be very surprised to see it have Kalos. There's little indication of it from the region, and the Switch is still quite new to Game Freak; they'll have their hands full with one region never mind redoing Kalos for a SM-like engine in SS.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
OH MY GOD, HYPE!!! CAN'T.... BREATHE....

I finally have my fire bunny zodiac!! Whoop!!

Game Freak is doing something right, because nothing about this trailer left me disappointed! I also noticed that you encounter Pokémon at random in tall grass, as it should be! And the battles and the setting, it all looks A+!!

Years
There's little indication of it from the region, and the Switch is still quite new to Game Freak;
But the very first Pokémon that was in the trailer was Fletchling (even though it wasn't alive), so that must surely means that Kalos is confirmed in the postgame. Please give credit when you all make 10 minutes video about this 100 % confirmed theory.

But jokes aside, Galar region looks nice. I wouldn't mind if they cut of the snowy area in the North (because it seems like every region needs a snowy area in the North). I'm curious about those Nazca Plains-like area. Do you think it was another Pokémon shown there?

Last edited:
Years
I fell in love with it the moment I laid eyes upon Galar. No more tiny islands requiring a boat or a Charizard to travel to, just one big beautiful region based on the United Kingdom.

Sobble is also already my favorite of the new starters, so I will definitely be picking such. Also conflicted as to whether to pick sword or shield.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I haven't been this excited for a new region since Unova. I can't wait!!!! Scorbunny ftw!!!!!!!!!

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
I freaking love all the maps <3

The models without the 3DS limitations are great, the texture seems to be good and it have that air of personality. I just wish Scorbunny evolve into a Fire/Ground instead of a Fire/Fight.

From all the starters my favorite is easily Sobble, he is adorable!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 11, 2020
I'm hoping for the protagonist to show more emotions. Don't want him/her to be smiling all the time especially when it's not appropriate.

Last edited:
Years
I've played fan games and rom hacks...but I'll be paying attention to news about this. It's been a very long time since I've actually owned a Pokemon game, and I hope it might be this time around that I'll actually buy a game. It depends for me on what's different between the two versions, though. We typically can see version-exclusive Pokemon, and that little bit will be important for me to know, since I won't have the income to buy both, so the more of my favorites I can get in one game, the better.

Last edited:
Years
Here's to hoping for a fire/electric type final evolution for Scorbunny > < The starters look good, and the graphics and map design are especially nice looking. Looking forward to seeing new Pokemon for the Galar region.

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
The Big Ben "London's Clock Tower" is in the game. In the trailer it's shown behind the director of these games (Shigeru).

Years
when i first heard the titles, i thought we will finally have a pokemon game which is set during the medieval ages. still not disappointed though! rooting for scorbunny, though sobble does look cute

Years
My first thought is Aegislash. I wonder if it has some special treatment in this gen.
My second thought is Link from Zelda ; the region looks medieval-ish which is interesting to me.
I am waiting for more details about the starters and their last stage evolutions. I hope we won't see those cuties evolve into some horribly designed Pokémon. (RIP Litten)
It seems the games to share the same legendary mascot with different forms.

Back