• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Connections: Rebirth [IC][M]

Years

• Connections: Rebirth
    IC
    You are here
    | OOC | Chapter List

Chapter One: The Change Game

The middle-aged man stood at the front of a small group of teenagers in the otherwise empty gymnasium. Entrance ceremonies at the Simmons School of Rebirth were rarely a crowded affair with various groups of students being filtered into the school all throughout the year. This bunch looked more or less like any other to him. Two athletic-looking youths - one black and one white, a lithe girl with tanned skin and died orange hair, a male youth with real orange hair, a "pretty boy" with blonde accents to his styled brown hair and too many piercings, an ethnically ambiguous young woman with bright blue eyes, un unattractive young thing with a blotchy birthmark across her face and a pudgy boy with missing eyebrows.

This group may not look cohesive, but they did more or less look like any other teenager. The man new better though, he'd read their transcripts. Drugs, prostitution, violence, laziness and ineptness. This group of youths were as broken, pathetic or just plain sinful as the rest of the students when they first arrived at the school. It was his job to turn them around and lead them to lives of health and productivity. It was often a hard job.

"My name is Mr. Moralis and I am one of this schools guidance councillors." He began, repressing a sigh as he essentially gave a rendition of the same introduction he'd give a hundred times. "From this day out you will form a support group, although you may take different classes or even make different friends you will regularly see me together as a group. I'm not going to beat around the bush, you don't end up at this school unless you've got some sort of troubled background. I'm not going to disclose your personal information, but if you share it during group sessions that is your business. You have all received a package detailing where your dorms are located, what your classes are and where to find them." Moralis stopped briefly, resisting the urge to scald the girl with the dyed hair as she yawned. "Whilst you are here you will be expected to behave and display discip-"

The man suddenly stopped speaking. His expression went blank.
    "You awake?" one of the assembled group prodded.
    "Yes. I am awake." A strange, dreary voice responded. The voice was that of Mr. Moralis but it was different too.
    "Mr. Moralis?" one of his charges questioned
    "I'm not the one you call Moralis." The strange, emotionless voice responded. Some of the group looked concerned, others annoyed but most did not know how to react.

"Well who the hell are you then?" an indignant voice called
    "Who am I? I am Heartseed… I guess. Yes that could be my name."
    "What?"
    "Just listen." The monotone voice continued "I find this little group… interesting. So I'm going to spice up your lives a little to keep myself amused. Some strange things are going to start to happen. I recommend you try to just keep going with your lives. That is all."

Mr. Moralis' expression returned mostly to normal.
    "Uh… that's all for now." He hurriedly left the room.​

Information

During this chapter, characters will switch bodies with each other over a period of a few days. This can happen whenever you choose, although if nobody gets too it quick enough I might start throwing it at you.

You're free to explore the school as you wish, but sooner or later Heartseed's game will affect everyone. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or let me know in the OOC.​

Accepted Players

I'll fill this out later, too lazy right now.

1. gimmepie as ???

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
    Years
  • (DISCLAIMER: UGLY POST WORKING ON CSS)

Axel was sitting in a gymnasium, the one of Simmons School of Rebirth. It was the beginning of his first day at the new school. Beside him, on fiberglass chairs, were sitting seven other teens. Apart from their proximity in age, he could not tell a single common trait between the eight of them.
    Some were muscular and big, others were slender and thin; a few of them had dyed hair, there were a couple of girls, and the rest were guys; some looked smart, and some looked dumb.

One thing Axel was sure about, was that each and every one of them was ****ed up by society, one way or another. It was well known, mostly just from it's name, that the people who attended the "School of Rebirth" didn't had the best of life.

Right after they entered the building, Axel had examined each and every one of them. None has peaked his interest, 'Just some normal junk…' He thought. After they've all sat down, the middle-aged man who guided them into the hall has begun talking; Axel, of course, didn't listen.

"...will be expected to behave and display discip-" Their councilor stopped speaking, strangely.

Axel raised his head, the middle-aged man, whom his name he did not remember was frozen and emotionless. Someone from the group asked him if he was awake.

To his surprise, the man responded, albeit not quite the same.

"Yes. I am awake."

"I'm not the one you call Moralis." The man responded to one of the questions.

Axel was a bit restless, he thought it was probably a new comers joke, and he begun to drift in thoughts. Soon after, the middle-aged man left the building and the group of them was left alone.

Axel stood up and took the package with his name on it.

"I guess it will happen sooner or later..." He said, tirelessly, "My name is Axel, nice to meet you."

He stood there, beside the desk with the others packages, waiting to get over with the introductions.​

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    "Nick get up!" A woman's voice yelled up the stairs and into a sleeping 16 year old boy's room.
    He woke for a second and fell back to sleep. His sleep was abrupt from a rough shaking from his old mother.
    "What do you want for breakfast?" Her voice a harsh from smoking in the morning.
    "French Toast," Nick groaned
    "Get up, and take a shower."

Nick was getting dress when he heard his mother roar up the steps "Are you getting dress?"
    She had been watching the clock. He's going to be late she thought to herself.
    "Yeah!" He yelled back to her, pulling up a pair of grey pants from his ankles to his waist, tucking in a white dress shirt. He slipped on a pair of dark colored socks, black shoes, and a navy blue blazer.

He hurried down the stairs to the living room where his food was waiting for him. The news was on, and the clock showed 7:20 am.
    "Hurry up, and eat or you'll be late."
    Nick chowed down on his delicious breakfast. He took the plate to the kitchen, and dropped the plate in the kitchen sink. He poured a glass of orange juice, drank it, and left out the door at 7:40 am.
    "Okay. I'm leaving now."

He dragged out the 10 minute walk to 15 minutes. He arrived to the schools gates, and was directed to the gymnasium. His eyes had bags under them from the lack of proper sleep he should have been getting. First day of school, and only 7 kids show up? I saw other students going to class rooms why am I here?
    He eyed up the other 7 kids, and mentally placed labels on them. Popular guy, popular girl, cool, and stay away.

The pudgy boy was a scared hearing the voice of Mr. Moralis change. He cringed. He froze in panic not knowing what to do. Nick went to the table to grab the package with his name on them. "Hi my name is Nick," he said to back to anyone who introduced themselves to him.

Years
  • Connections: Rebirth [IC][M]

"Do you got room for one more troubled soul?"—Fall Out Boy, Alone Together

Ryan rolled her eyes as she sat in the gymnasium of the Simmonds School and tapped her foot against the floor as Mr. Whatshisface spoke. She had briefly considered skipping, but figured that wouldn't help her situation at all. If anything, it would just get her in even more trouble than she already was in. She looked around the gym and sighed.

Support group, huh? Makes this sound like an AA meeting… I guess it kind of is, in a way.

She raised an eyebrow as the counselor's voice changed and sighed. Of course she would have the luck of ending up with a counselor who's insane. It was bad enough that she was being forced into a support group that she clearly didn't need. She just hoped that none of her classmates were crazy. Most of them looked tame, but she knew better than to judge people based on their appearances. That's part of what had gotten her in trouble in the first place.

"This is so stupid," she muttered under her breath, shaking her head as she thought about her ex-boyfriend. She pinched her wrist and took a deep breath. She couldn't think about him. The best thing to do would be to forget about him completely. Thinking about him is another part of what had gotten her in trouble. She had a good feeling that he was the one who called the police on her.

Introductions? What is this, kindergarten? I don't even think Lucy had to introduce herself at school.

Ryan reluctantly stood up from her chair and walked to the table with the packages, noticing that two other guys had done the same. After finding the package with her name on it, she turned to the guys and sighed. Here goes nothing, she thought, rolling her eyes.

"My name's Ryan," she said, crossing her arms against her chest. "So, why are you two here? You look like a couple of nerds. It's hard to think that you'd do anything bad."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Connections: Rebirth [IC][M]

Emily Wescott

Emily sat in silence, trying not to yawn too obviously as Mr. Moralis gave his introductory spiel which unsurprisingly amounted to nothing more than "Behave, make friends, don't fuck up."

Honestly, the Simmons School of Rebirth was the last place on Earth that Emily would have expected to end up in as a child… well other than prison. Now she'd been in both and judging by the introductory speech she was now being subjected to she wasn't entirely sure which institute she would rather be stuck in. It wasn't like she didn't want to improve herself and get back on her feet… but she'd figured a school for messed up people would be a little bit more interesting. As it stood she felt like she'd mistakenly been inducted into some fancy prep school.

As the guidance councillor prattled on, Emily took the time to survey her fellow inductees. Two athletic looking guys, a slim ginger whose hair was real unlike hers, some guy with piercings who looked like just about every other wannabe badass she'd met in her years, a slightly chubby boring looking dude, a chick with a weird face and another that was kind of cute. Before she realised it, she realised that she was wondering what these people had done to end up here. Obviously they weren't all there for the same reasons she was, although she guessed some of them could be, but they looked like your typical group of teenagers really. Not exactly a clique, in fact she could hardly see most of them spending time with the majority of the rest of the group, but normal people. She honestly had no idea what any of them had done, she wasn't sure she wanted to. She certainly wasn't about to blurt out that she'd gotten hooked on crack and sold her body to pay for the habit… not that she felt it was her fault her life had gone to shit.

That was when the atmosphere changed, Emily wasn't really sure exactly what the change was, but suddenly the room felt that much quieter and a chill seemed to hang in the air… and she wasn't cold. That was when she realised Moralis had stopped speaking. He was just standing there with some sort of blank expression on his face.
    "You awake?" Emily heard someone say, she wasn't sure whom. She didn't really care. Then the reply came, and a chill ran up her spine for reasons she couldn't explain.
    "Yes… I am awake." The councillor said, he sounded different.
    "Mr. Moralis?" another voice she wasn't interested in questioned.
    "I'm not the one you call Moralis" the monotone voice replied. This was the last straw for Emily, she didn't much want boring but now their guidance councillor was fucking with them? Not likely.
    "Well who the hell are you then?!" Emily demanded, her tone indignant
    "Who am I? I am Heartseed… I guess. Yes, that could be my name."
    "What?" Emily spluttered, infuriated and bemused by the situation.
    "Just listen." The voice said, and for some reason Emily fell silent, she wasn't sure why but she felt compelled to be silent.

Seemingly satisfied with Emily's decision to shut up, the monotonous voice continued.
    "I find this little group… interesting. So I'm going to spice up your lives a little to keep myself amused. Some strange things are going to start to happen. I recommend you try to just keep going with your lives. That is all."

A few moments later and the councilor hurriedly fled the room. Emily figured that maybe he was embarrassed about pulling such a stupid stunt.
    "What the hell was that all about, weirdass school." Emily muttered to herself, getting up and walking over to where the others were also collecting their packages and making introductions. Emily suppressed a sigh, it seems she'd be stuck with these people and with the asshole councilor. She didn't like being forced to spend time with a group of people she didn't get to choose. That was the sort of crap her parents would foist on her. She collected her package before looking up at the rest of the students "I'm Emily, and I am out of here before someone else pulls some weird shit. Nice to meet you, or whatever."

Emily turned tail and walked out the door, hopefully she could run into some people later she would actually want to spend time with. She wasn't about to make friends with her forced support group. She turned a corner at the end of the hall, following a map from her package… and then she was suddenly back in the gymnasium. She blinked. Was she loosing her mind? She had literally just left and she had not been standing there at any point.
    "What the fuck?" she said out loud without realizing… the voice she heard was not her own.​

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years

• Douglas Stamper - Simmons School of Rebirth

Well that was... strange

Doug leaned back in his chair as he recalled the events that had just unfolded. It wasn't as if it was extremely out of the ordinary, but the act that the guidance councilor had put on was rather... off. Perhaps the administrators at this school applied a "scared straight" tactic on their students, but it's not like Mr. Moralis was being intimidating or anything. The only way that Doug could describe his behavior as was slightly eerie.

"Just listen,. I find this little group… interesting. So I'm going to spice up your lives a little to keep myself amused. Some strange things are going to start to happen. I recommend you try to just keep going with your lives. That is all."

The monotone repeated the words inside of his head. If anything it sounded more like a warning, maybe even a threat. Perhaps it was a comedy act, the name "Heartseed" did in fact seem pretty comical and the way Mr. Moralis had run off was akin to that of a comedian fleeing the stage after a failed joke.

Nonetheless, sitting here stewing about it wouldn't solve anything. Douglas' eyes scanned the rest of the members in his "support group". There was a rather athletic looking black guy, another guy with bright orange hair, a chubby kid with no eyebrows, a pretty girl with bright blue eyes, quite the attractive young man who was covered with piercings, and a tanned girl with dyed orange hair.

Before he could open his mouth to introduce himself, the orange haired boy spoke up. "My name is Axel, nice to meet you."

As Doug was about to respond another voice beat him to it. "Hi my name is Nick" The eyebrowless boy said.

The girl with blue eyes, spoke up in response. "My name's Ryan. So, why are you two here? You look like a couple of nerds. It's hard to think that you'd do anything bad."

Before anyone else could respond, Doug got out of his seat. "Hey there, no need to act so condescending my friend." He said with his signature smile, he turned to the two boys to address them as well. "There's no need to be telling each other why we're here just yet, if you're not comfortable with doing so." He walked over to pick up the package with his name on it. "My name's Doug by the way, nice to meet all of y'all!"​

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

• Maira Ledbetter

Maira watched silently as the Simmonds School of Rebirth entrance ceremony unfolded. It was more or less what she expected, though the incoming class was much smaller than she thought it would be. A teacher that clearly didn't want to be there gave the introduction to students who probably wanted to be there just as much, then promptly left. There was a strange bit about some Heartseed, but Maira just dismissed it a quirk of his or something.

The teacher left with the instruction to keep going on with their lives, lives he promised he would soon be "spicing up". Maira doubted there was much he could do for her life, but wasn't going to stop him from trying. Who knew, maybe it would turn out well, though she didn't have much faith in it. There wasn't much she did have faith in these days.

Sighing at the thought, Maira looked around at the ones who would be her classmates. Mostly kids around her age or maybe older, many of whom had an air of confidence about them, like they could say whatever they wanted without worrying. She envied them. There were a couple others who seemed more reserved. She didn't really pay all that much attention to them.

It wasn't long before the other students began to mingle among themselves, asking about what they'd done to end up at the school. Maira had to admit, she was curious as well. She leaned in slightly to hear better. Another boy joined in, interrupting them and changing the subject. He was one of the more attractive faces in the group. Maira wondered how much easier his life had been than her own because of it.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed another student trying to leave. Honestly, it hadn't occurred to her that was an option. Maybe it would be easier for her to grab her package and follow suit. Although… She looked back at the other students. Unlikely as it was, there was always a slight chance that one of them might notice her, be interested in her.

Logic told her to forget about them. Anyone who was nice to her would have to have some ulterior motive. Her mind shot back to Maya, the "friend" who used her then left her to rot in prison for five years. But even so, she couldn't bring herself to hate Maya. The laughs they shared, the long conversations, fake or not all of that was worth so much more to Maira than a few years that were no different to her than her life already was before the two met. What hurt her most wasn't the betrayal, but the fact that they couldn't be together anymore.

Maira longed for the day she could have something like that again, but she knew better than to expect anything. In her 17 years of life, only a single person was nice to her and bothered to actually stick around. Well, stick around long enough for it to matter. She looked around once more. How many of them would be scared off by her appearance? How many by her personality? How many would simply realize that there were better options for company?

She ended up just sitting there, looking down at her legs. There wasn't much point in actively looking for someone with that in mind. It would just be wasted time and effort for everyone involved. She decided to simply wait. If people wanted, they would come up to her. If not, life would go on. With a sigh, Maira got up and hurriedly shuffled over to where the students' packages sat to collect hers.​

Back